Thirty Six

"Where's your car?" Jimin asked when he saw Taehyung coming out of a cab in front of their company building.

Taehyung just smiled as he ran towards the smaller male. He linked his arm on the other as they made their way inside the building.

"I don't feel like driving today." Taehyung simply answered.

Jimin shakes his head at the response. "How's everything going with Mr. CEO?" He whispered, wriggling his brows as a naughty smile appeared on his lips.

Taehyung chuckled, putting on a facade as they stopped in front of the elevator.

"Good." He responded, not looking at his friend because he's afraid that Jimin will see right through his lie.

Jimin just stared at him for a long while and smiled. "That's good to know."

The elevator opened and the two of them went inside. Taehyung immediately changed the subject.

"How are you and the sports car guy?" Taehyung asked back with the same naughty smile Jimin had seconds ago.

The latter rolled his eyes. "Don't even ask about him." He pouted, making Taehyung scoff.

"Why? Tell me.." He insisted which made Jimin pout even more.

"He has contacted me twice regarding the payment and all but that's it." Jimin answered to which Taehyung just grinned.

"Why do you sound disappointed, my friend?" He teased, nudging the latter's side.

Jimin just rolled his eyes as the elevator came to a stop.

"Bye, bitch. See you later at lunch." Jimin went out in a rush, clearly avoiding the topic.

The sound of Taehyung's laughter was the last thing he heard before the elevator closes once more.

-------

The ravenette had his eyes on the papers he was reading for a while now regarding their previous project, but something isn't adding up.

He sighed in annoyance, searching for the supporting documents in the pile of papers he has on top of his desk.

"Fuck." He murmured, not finding what he's looking for.

"Secretary Kim, ask Mr. Yoo to come here." He ordered, too immense on studying the data on the sheet.

He circled the questionable digits on the paper, brows already in one line as he called out once more.

"Taehyung." He repeated, lifting his head only to realize he's alone in the office.

For a moment, he just stared at the empty space where the brunet's table used to be.

Jungkook groaned, dropping the papers on the table in annoyance as he leaned on his seat. He massaged his temple as he tried to concentrate.

Calling out for Taehyung when he needs something has already been a habit.

It'll take a long time for him to adjust but that's better than having Taehyung inside the room with him.

Looking at him is torture. Breathing the same air with him is suicide.

He sighed, pressing the intercom and with an annoyed voice said, "Secretary Kim, send Mr. Yoo in."

"Yes, Sir. I-"

Jungkook didn't let the other finish as he went back to his work.

Outside the CEO's office, the brunet sighed as he stared at the intercom. He brushed off the feeling of sadness as he called for Mr. Yoo who came running in a speed of light.