Thirty Four

The blasting sound of the alarm erupted in his room, forcing him to stand out of his bed though he really haven't gotten the chance to sleep for the whole night.

He skipped breakfast, not really having an appetite as he felt shitty and wasted even before the day started. He took a quick shower, wanting to be sober and ready for the day.

The alcohol he had drunk last night didn't help ease his troubled mind and broken heart.

As Taehyung stared at himself in the mirror, he saw a man with lifeless eyes, far from his reflection few days before.

The days when he was showered by Jungkook's love.

He sighed, no more tears left in his eyes for him to cry. He gathered all his courage to move forward, forcing a smile on his lips as he stared at himself.

You can do this, Tae.

He made sure to look his best despite everything he's been feeling at the moment. He had picked a printed long sleeves, the first few buttons left unbuttoned, highlighting his sexy neck and collarbone.

He applied a bit of a makeup to cover the bags under his eyes and to bring life to his restless face, curled his hair a little to accentuate his lovely face, and sprayed his favorite perfume that he hadn't used for a while.

Makeup really did wonders to his face. It helped make him look like he hadn't cried the whole night.

Taehyung stared at his reflection for a long while, noticing that something was missing. He turned to look at his jewelry box, smiling sadly as he spotted the necklace Jungkook had given him.

He hadn't taken it off since the day the ravenette had given the necklace to him.

However last night, when he's drowning with his tears and self pity, he had made the decision to not wear it, not until Jungkook loves him once again.

He's afraid that the ravenette would be enraged to see him wearing it or worst, he'd ask to take it back because it no longer served its purpose.

Taehyung couldn't handle that. It's the only reminder that Jungkook had loved him. He couldn't afford to lose it.

With a sigh, Taehyung picked his emerald necklace, letting it adorn around his neck to complete his look.

Once satisfied, he forced a smile as he made his way out of his house.

Out of instinct, he took his car key but was immediately halted when realization hits him.

Taehyung sighed, placing it back on top of the drawer as he murmured to himself.

"A cab would do..."

--------

It took him a lot longer to arrive in the company with a cab, but Taehyung doesn't really have a choice at the moment.

He's not going to use the car Mr. Jeon had given him, knowing fully well the reason why he's been too kind and generous to him over the years.

He may be shameless for staying in the company after everything that had happened, but that's because he doesn't want to be away from Jungkook.

If he could stay by his side even if he throws him all the hate, he would blindly accept it.

It may be foolish for some, but for him who has never loved before, it's worth every pain.

But that's all there is.

He's not going to enjoy all the perks of being the son of the CEO's mistress. He hasn't gotten to that point of being shameless.