Thirty Five

Five minutes before the scheduled meeting, Taehyung went to knock on the door before slowly opening it wide. He saw Jungkook fixing his tie in front of the huge mirror, seemingly getting ready.

"Sir, the meeting is in five." He uttered in a low voice.

Jungkook didn't say anything as he continuously tried fixing his crooked tie with the remaining patience he has.

Taehyung couldn't help but shake his head. He went near the ravenette, pushing his luck to help him out.

However, Jungkook was quick to move away even before he could close the gap between them. He discarded the tie in an irritated manner as he angrily made his way to the door, walking out and shutting the door close, leaving Taehyung behind.

The brunet sighed as he picked the tie on the floor, carefully folding it and placing it on top of the ravenette's table. He was about to head out and follow the latter for the meeting when his eyes caught sight of the papers in the trash bin. 

He took it out, disappointed but not surprised to see the schedule he had prepared, now belonging to the trash bin. He took it out with him, hiding it inside his drawer before getting the things he needed to record the minutes of the meeting.

With hurried steps, Taehyung headed for the conference room where today's meeting will take place. He entered and saw everyone already in place, including Jungkook.

Taehyung would've taken the seat next to him, but it's already taken by a man whom he recognized to be part of the accounting department.

What's he doing in my place?

He went near, only to finally realize the purpose of the man sitting next to the ravenette. He's going to record the minutes of the meeting.

Taehyung almost snorted at the way Jungkook's making him feel so useless. He's doing all sorts of things to hurt him and make him leave.

However, Taehyung is stubborn.

He made his way behind the man, politely tapping him by the shoulder. He disregarded Jungkook's glare as he smiled at the man.

"Sir, you're sitting at the wrong place." Taehyung whispered, but the man just apologetically looked at him.

"Mr. Jeon asked me to sit here and record the minutes of the meeting." the man confirmed his hunch, speaking in the softest voice, clearly afraid to go against the ravenette's orders.

Taehyung smiled and nodded his head. If only he's not afraid that the man would be scolded and fired by the ravenette, he would've insisted on taking his place. However, Taehyung doesn't want anyone else to be lashed out by Jungkook's anger which is clearly caused by him.

He looked for an empty chair at the back and found one. He took his seat and readied himself to take down the minutes of the meeting.

Although Jungkook was clearly wanting him to look useless, Taehyung won't be shaken. 

He had noticed the curious look directed to him by the board members, finding it odd to see him in the back but Taehyung just shrugged them off and held his head high as the meeting finally progresses.

"The reconstruction of our office in Singapore has started last week and according to the engineer, it's expected to be finished for a month or two." Mr. Seo informed.

Jungkook nodded his head. He looked at the older and asked, "What about our men who got hurt when the earthquake happened? Were they given medical assistance?"

Mr. Seo adjusted his glasses before nodding. "Yes, Mr. Jeon. We gave them everything you have told us and assisted them with all their needs as they recover."