Twenty Nine

"Please follow me, sir."

The hostess politely showed the way leading to the private dining room of a 5 star restaurant where Jungkook made reservations.

The place was huge and classy, definitely a restaurant for the elites which Taehyung never thought he would be able to dine in.

He roamed his eyes around, captivated by the intricate design and carvings on the walls, resembling ancient scriptures in a royal palace.

"Are you sure this is a restaurant?" He whispered to the ravenette who just simply smiled at him.

Taehyung marveled at the beauty around him, unaware that Jungkook was staring at him with amused eyes.

He flinched when he felt Jungkook hold his hand, intertwining their fingers as they walked down the hall.

The warmth of the ravenette's skin made him blush as he stared at their clasped hands.

Taehyung felt his heart thump off his chest as he smiled like an idiot, not minding the discreet glance of the hostess to them.

They stopped in front of a private room as the hostess opened the door, revealing an even more classy and elegant interior that had Taehyung gaping.

Jungkook carefully pulled him to where the table was set with scented candles and rose petals scattered down the floor.

He was out of words, not expecting any of this as Jungkook pulled a chair for him and let him take a seat.

When Jungkook said earlier that they'll be having dinner, Taehyung didn't expect something like this.

"What's the occasion?" He couldn't help but ask as soon as the hostess leave the room.

Jungkook chuckled, seeing the disbelief in his face. "Is there a need for an occasion to have a dinner date with you?"

Taehyung smiled sweetly, feeling tingles all over his body. He looked at the ravenette across him, the dim light from the candle made the feeling more intimate and calming.

Jungkook reached out for Taehyung's hand on the table, tenderly holding it against his own as he stared at him with loving eyes.

"I want to make it up to you, Tae." the ravenette promised.

Taehyung squeezed Jungkook's hand tenderly. "You don't have to do things like this just to make it up to me. Having you by my side again is more than enough."

Jungkook felt warm, hearing those words from him. He lifted Taehyung's hand, gently pulling it near his lips as he placed a soft lingering kiss.

"I love you, Kim Taehyung." Jungkook whispered, making Taehyung smile even more from the sudden confession.

He felt his heart swell in too much joy as he whispered, "I love you too, Kookie."

They leaned toward each other until their faces are leveled.

Jungkook carefully caressed Taehyung's face with a smile that melted all the pain he had felt for the past few days.

Slowly, their lips met in a passionate kiss, full of love and longing for each other.

They were in their own world when soft knocks were heard coming from the door.

"Dear guests, your food is here." the hostess announced before the door carefully opened.

Jungkook and Taehyung pulled away with a silly grin on their faces as the attendants placed their food on the table.

A loud pop coming from the bottle of champagne being opened resonated in the room, making Taehyung giggle.