(2) Royally Sold-Why?

Hello lovely reader! This chapter is going through editing! As you will see at the end of the chapter it shall say so! :D So thank you for clicking on this chapter and I hope you enjoy it! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm not saying I have nothing. I'm not saying I'm gone completely. It's just sometimes it's all a bit too much to handle. Sometimes I feel like it's too much. I'm not going to do anything stupid because I know it will get better, it has to right? Otherwise there wouldn't be anyone who would live past their teenage years. But for now, just for now, it hurts" -Anonymous

Royally Sold

Ch2- Why?

Why? I ask myself...why? Why couldn't I have died in that fire? Why, did one of the servants boys pull me out? Why? If I was dead, I wouldn't have to worry anymore. I wouldn't have to feel the pain everyday! The pain of abandonment... I would be gone! Now more worrying about the turbulences of the world...scratch that of my life! I wouldn't be where I am now, the wait was worse than the event. Knowing that you, a human being that has every right that everyone else in that room has, was about to be sold. Like a basket of oranges, it was as simple as that.

My heart beat fast in my chest, it felt like it was about to explode. My palms were sweaty and I was fidgeting, you would think that after being sold so many times I wouldn’t even bat an eyelash. Well it may seem like it, but it really isn’t, I'm terrified. I hate this, it’s wrong. I don’t want to be owned like a piece of property. I am my own self, I am my own master. My eyes shifted nervously around the dirty room we were placed in.

The air stank of sweat, you could feel the tension in the air, it raised the hairs on my hands and the back of my neck. I ran a nervous, shaky hand through my hair and winced as it caught on a few knots. I sighed in defeat. I couldn’t escape, there was nowhere for me to go. I couldn’t go home, I had no home. I'm a castaway...nothing but a castaway.

After the accident, I caused with my master, I was dragged out by a servant boy who thought he smelled something burning. He would rather save me than the elf, well so would I, scum like him does not deserve to live. My master was burnt to a point of no recognition, he died. To say that I was happy was an understatement, maybe I did feel a bit of remorse...nope, no I do not feel one bit of remorse for him. He died, but because he was dead I was placed yet again in the Slave Market.

I gave up on feeling anymore; I have no reason to live. No reason to fight, so why should I care anymore? I don’t know what love feels like, I’ve never felt its warm embrace. So what do I have to live for? Nothing, absolutely nothing.   

Three painstaking days had passed since the incident, three days of being shoved from master to master, friends of my old master. None of them wanted me, just one cold glaring look from me was enough for them to shove me back into the market.

Today was the day I turned sixteen, my celebratory was cut short. I have never had a birthday, a cake, presents. Maybe when I was younger I may have, I really can’t remember most of my childhood memories, they are filled with pain and heartache and...my brothers

 I was thinking of my brothers a lot lately. My knights in shining armour.  I remember my eldest brothers who were fraternal twins Dandre being the eldest and then Cole were always looking out for me, they were very protective of their little moon. I smiled slightly at the memories. I felt a hot tear slip out my eye and onto my cold, pale cheek. I quickly wiped it away. I can remember them always keeping me away from the ponds, they were afraid I would fall in. Whenever I cried they were there to make it better. I remember all my brothers pretty vaguely; the triplets were always playing with me teaching me things, teaching me how to be naughty and mischievous, Caden was the eldest of the triplets followed by Ayden then Hayden. I always promised myself that I would think of them, what were they doing? Are they ok? Are they missing me?