(4) Royally Sold- Memories

Hello! Yes this has been edited! And changed as well, the key elements of the previous chapter are in here! I focus more on the storyline than some minor punctuation and accidental grammar mistakes! Sorry for those!

Thank you for reading! :)

Harro! I’m currently editing! Hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why can't you just love me for who I am?

Royally sold

Ch4- Memories

Do you know those moments when your body seizes up and you have no control over your actions whatsoever? Well, I was having one of those moments. My mind was blank; Sky held my hand and pulled my zombie like body over the bridge leading towards the kingdom.

I didn’t even realise we entered the kingdom until I Sky shook my hand and started talking to me. I stared at his face; I couldn’t understand what he was saying. His lips were moving but nothing was coming out. It was like a consistent ringing in my ears, I couldn’t get it out.

“Luna!” he yelled loudly and shook my shoulders roughly.

“What?” I stuttered, slowly coming back down to earth. He shook his head, a small smile playing on his lips.

He grabbed a lock of my hair and twisted around his finger slightly. I frowned, it’s my hair! Hmph.

“When we get to the castle, please be docile and obedient I do not want to cause a scene!” he let go of my hair and gripped my hands once again and we began walking. What’s with all the hand holding? Gosh.

We walked through the market area and memories came flooding back; my brothers and I running through the streets, smiling at people and laughing with everyone no matter their status. However today the market was basically empty, hardly a soul in sight and those that milled around had sombre looks on their faces. Why are they so sad?

"Why is everyone so sad?" I asked Sky while my eyes roamed the stalls, maybe one or two were open.  I watched him; his mood also seemed to go down.

"Well," he said and turned to look at me briefly, then he carried on walking," today is the birthday of the only princess of Atira, her name is Luna much like your own."

I nodded trying to act as if I knew nothing.

"Then why are they sad, if it is her birthday must they not celebrate?" I asked even though I knew the answer. I wanted to know if people actually cared for me, instead of having hatred towards me.

"No, they mourn as the princess died. She died 11 years ago, the kingdom and its entire people were devastated. Not to mention those close to her," when he mention the last sentence I saw his face scrunch up in pain. Did he know me before? Were we friends? Acquaintances? I wracked my brain for answers but his face never popped up.

 "Did you know the princess personally?" I questioned trying to keep my voice even and show little interest. We walked under a bridge, a small river flowed parallel to it, a bridge wide enough to fit ten people spanned across it.  We were surrounded by darkness for a while and then we crossed the small bridge, I heard him sigh.

"Just drop the subject, okay," he said angrily and I felt his grip on my hand tighten. What was up with him? We were nearing the palace and as I walked I noticed more people. I saw their wings, some cream others pure white, some a mixture of in between. I was flabbergasted, my mouth hung slightly open I haven’t seen so many angels grouping together in ages! Their beauty was astonishing, the way the sun reflected of their wings making them dazzle like gems. Their graceful forms moved fluently as they went about their daily activities. God, they were just so beautiful.