(5) Royally Sold- God Why?

Hello lovelies! This is the edited version of this chapter! Hope you enjoy! I'm focusing more on storyline than on minor punctuation errors! Thanks for reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. And just because she comes off strong, doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.

Royally Sold

Ch5- God why?

She stared at me, cold eyes penetrating through my soul. I felt as if she was plucking at it sorting through every fibre of my being. It was rather unnerving having her stare at me. I didn’t like this feeling; I didn’t like it when people tried to figure me out.  

"Hello mother, yes a friend as I would like to call her. You, I'm not so sure would call her a friend,” said Skylar, I noticed how his head was bowed slightly as he spoke to the woman whom I used to call Aunt CC.

Wait a second, rewind this entire scene a bit here please. Did Skylar just call my aunt his mother? What the hell? Oh dear God! I could feel my eyes widen in realisation, that’s disgusting! If that’s Sky’s mother, than it means that Sky is my cousin...Oh my fucking gosh, I kissed my cousin. Disgusted I brought my hand across my mouth and I rubbed at it thoroughly.

"What are you doing?" hissed Sky. I dropped my hand quickly, a guilty look passing over my face. I felt like the naughty child caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar.

I smile sheepishly, "A bug flew towards me and it landed on my lip and I, um, am just trying to get rid of the strange feeling.” I muttered, God that was so stupid. Trying to get rid of the feeling? Oh, genius Luna, just genius!

I was staring at my aunt none to discretely.  Her name was Cecile if my memory served me correct. Wait a minute, I never remembered my aunt having a child. Okay I'm clearly confused; I felt my head tilting to the side, a horrible habit of mine. I quickly straightened it as Cecile walked towards me. I was no longer going to use aunty; this woman was no longer related to me in anyway if she was in cahoots with my mother when they sold me to the slave market then I held no love towards her.  I could feel myself going back to the old me. Hatred consumed me; I could feel my face forming its famous stoic expression. My green eyes would hold no life, I would withdraw within my own mind and body and it would be hard to bring the joyous me out again.

 When I was with Lucas and Sky I was letting myself go, I cannot let that happen. I cannot let my feelings control me, I had to be logical about every situation and I needed to stop having such dramatic actions to everything. Happiness never lasts. From now on, I need to become the old heartless Luna; I'm safer that way, no more disappointment. 

She walked to me, with a confident hop to her step. Her sapphire blue dress was long, the bottom of it had golden trimming and it reached her ankles showing her black peep toe shoes. Her blonde hair was intricately braided atop her head, a common style among royals. Cecile had a subtle beauty to her, she was nowhere near as gorgeous as my mother who seemed to have inherited the better looks as the younger child.

 She stood in front of me, yet again examining me with her cold blue gaze. I immediately dropped my gaze to the floor and I stared at the polished floor. I was no idiot; the repercussions for staring a royal in the eye were severe and I did not plan on getting myself injured today.

 "Sky, dear lets go to your room shall we. Bring the girl too," the last part was more of a hiss than anything else. She spoke of me as if I were nothing but a speck of dirt under her shoe. Well that’s how most royals are to slaves we are considered the lowest of the low in the social hierarchy.  Sky grabbed my hand and we walked towards his room. There he goes again with the whole hand grabbing thing. I was worried, is he really my cousin? I should really ask him as I feel slightly scared. Insert shudder!