Chapter 10 Sleep

Opal's POV
It had been a day after my visit in the human zoo and Yellow were busy like always. It had become night in Homeworld now as everything had gone dark.
I had started to worry for her, she hadn't taken a break at all. She could overwork herself and eventually it could hurt her psychological state.
I had noticed Yellow pearl were getting slightly worried as well for our diamond. So I guess it's time I stepped in and helped Yellow.
I told Pearl to leave the chambers and told her I would try my best to make Yellow take a break. She gave me a thumbs up for good luck as she started walking away. I gave her a smile watching her walk away slowly with her soft steps just barely leaving behind sounds of faint footsteps.

When Yellow pearl had left the chambers leaving Yellow Diamond and me alone in the room. I sighed gently and walked up to Yellow. She seemed to be in deep thought as her face were full distracted on the yellow hologram in front of her. I climbed up on her throne slowly as I didn't want to fall and hurt my gem.
When I were up I had put a gentle hand on the big yellow hand that were placed on the side of the throne as her other hand were swiping on the hologram. She jumped slightly at my touch as she looked down to me.

She relaxed seeing that it was only me, she smiled gently as she were looking down at me. I looked up at her meeting her gaze with my worried ones. I saw Yellow's smile fade and her face turned into worry.
-What's wrong sweet Opal...

Yellow told me in a soft voice as she looked at me with caring eyes. Knowing that her gaze were on me I could feel my heart beat faster and turning warm knowing it were because of my feeling towards the diamond but I didn't want it to get in the way so I ignored it.
-Yellow I insist that you take a break. It's not good to overwork yourself, please...

I told her giving her puppy eyes.She grumbled at herself only letting out some words like "I could use a break" and "but I got work" to "but it wouldn't hurt". She finally gave in and sighed softly looking back at me as a small soft smile crept up on her lips.
-Fine, got any ideas on what to do Opal.

She told me. I had been taking breaks then and there, it wasn't that hard. I had learned how to make yourself peaceful and the stress going away, it were called sleeping. I learned it from a few visits to the human zoo. The humans there did it all the time to developed their energy. I had been sleeping at least 4 times and maybe Yellow could try it I thought.
-What about sleeping my diamond.

She looked at me confused. Sleeping weren't known to Homeworld and we gems never needed to sleep. But I had tried it and enjoyed it, it were relaxing for the mind.
-What's sleeping?

She told me in a confused voice looking at me interested in the new subject. I smiled warmly at her as I began to explain what it was.
-Sleeping is when you lay yourself down and close your eyes, I have done it a couple of times and it's very useful to release stress.

I told her with a confident and happy voice. She thought about it and finally came to turn and she spoke out.
-Fine but you will have to tell me how to do it.

She told me and I simply nodded at her. I climbed down her throne and waved to her to follow me and she stood up from her throne, shutting down her hologram and then followed me to the spot with many pillows and blankets. It were the closest thing to a "bed" in this room that.The humans had used a bed to sleep on but the one in front of us of course were in a diamond size for Yellow. She had always had this in her room but only sat on it a few times. She never really used it but I guess she will now.

I climbed up to the bed and patted my hand beside me to inform her to sit down. She noticed what I wanted and sat down as I felt the bed sink down a little as her weight were on the bedside.
-What do you do now?

She asked with a gentle voice looking at me with a smile.
-Now you lay down and get yourself comfortable.

I told Yellow and she nodded and did what I had told her as she now were laying on her back waiting for the next step.
-And now?

She said turning her gaze toward me and I giggled quietly as she had no patience. She seemed so eager to get to try sleeping.
-Now you just close your eyes and relax.

I told her with a warm voice letting out of my throat smooth like the wind. She looked up at the ceiling and closed her eyes slowly as she hesitated at first but gave in.
I could see her relax and she opened her mouth slightly to speak.
-Opal, can you sleep with me too?

She told me as her eyes were still closed. I felt a blush spread across my face. Yellow, the one I love so dearly wanted me to sleep with her. I felt warmth in my heart and I smiled happily at her words. How could I ever say no to that I said to myself.
-I would love to.

I told her as I started walking towards her feeling the soft fabric under my foot slightly sink as my weight were added to the bed. When I had gotten close to her I felt Yellow's hand grab me and put me down on her chest close to her gem.I laid my stomach down on her chest and felt her soft hand on my back holding me protectively. I felt so happy I screamed in pure joy internally and I could feel my eyelids get heavier and heavier for every seconds I could feel Yellow chest under me slowly rise and fall lulling me to deep sleep.
-Goodnight Yellow.

I said to her sleepily and smiled softly at the thought of being so close to Yellow. This were like a dream come true, I were so happy I couldn't grade it even with the highest number that ever existed. I were the luckiest gem there ever were.
-Goodnight sweet Opal.

She told me with a soft voice before my eyes had closed and my consciousness had slowly faded, going into a deep slumber and everything had gone black leaving me and Yellow to rest within each others loving embrace as we heard our breathing perfectly blended in the big empty room.

________________________________
(A/N super important, please read.)

Two things I hope you like the story so far and now to the important part.

Do you want 🍋(smut) in this story/book or do you want it to be a family friendly story. Please tell me in the comments.

Cause I will do 🍋  between Opal and Yellow without a second thought if you want that, so yeah that's the important thing I wanted to ask.
________________________________