Chapter 18 Escape

Opal's POV
Me and Yellow had finally gotten into a relationship, but we decided to hold it a secret from other gems and especially from the diamonds. As it were illegal to have these feelings towards one and another, love weren't so appreciated on Homeworld. Why, I did not now, but I did know that when gems who got found out were instantly punished without a second thought. So no one except our pearls knew about our feelings and our relationship for each other.

I had been visiting the Human Zoo a lot recently and today were one of those days.
I wanted to know more about love and how a relationship works. I were truly intrigued by every sort of affection and how it worked out.
I wanted to know more because I wanted to pleas Yellow. I wanted her to be happy and not disappointed on being in a relationship with me.

I had been inspecting the humans in the zoo for at least a couple of hours now, humans had such great ideas on how to make their time roll faster and their schedules were very odd itself. Humans needed to eat "food" to survive and they needed sleep to get their energy back. I myself had been doing some sleeping then and there but only did it because I wanted to relax and such.

I had been informed by a Agate that runs this place that a new human were going to be brought into the zoo today by Blue Diamond. Blue wanted her visits to Earth to be a secret and only me, her pearl and the gems working in the zoo knew about it. Blue did bring some humans every 500 years from her visits from Earth. Every time the new humans had been brought in they had seemed to evolved more then the others. It were so strange to me. We gems doesn't evolve in such ways, we have most of our knowledge already placed in our head as we reform. Then we learn more as times passes on but humans evolved both physically and mentally as years go by.

My thoughts were interrupted when the doors in the zoo opened letting in the new human in. The new human started talking to the other ones and I could hear some of their conversations. I had gathered some information about the new human, one of them were about his name, it were Greg. He didn't seem like he wanted to stay at the zoo, I wonder why. The zoo were so peaceful and no harm could reach them, they also had everything they needed to survive. What more could they ask for I asked myself.

My gaze were broken from Greg and now on a boy who ran in screaming the words "dad" or "were are you" and so on.

I looked closely at the human boy as he had reached what seemed like his destination. He had caught a glance at Greg and the boy ran up to him then hugging him.

They looked so happy together, how could I be so blind. Of course the human weren't happy because he weren't with his loved ones.
That's why he looked so scared and lonely when he had entered the zoo.

But there were something odd about the boy that were in Greg's or so called his "dad's " embrace. Why I thought so I did not know. I just had this weird of a feeling unravel inside me.

The boy then took Greg's hand and the both of them ran out of the zoo. I then started walking towards the humans that had escaped and they had ran into me. The boy then fell to the floor and groaned out slightly as he rubbed his head. Greg has take a couple of steps away from me as he had a shocked expression on his face.

The boy then looked up to see me and I could se his nervousness unravel onto his face as he began to cold sweat.
-I.. I-I uhmmm sorry for eh bumping in to you....giant lady?

The boy told me in a unsure voice as he didn't know what to say. I then chuckled out and smiled at him sweetly.
-It's fine. I just want to know why you are taking the human away from the zoo.

I told the boy and I could hear him breath out in relief and then smiled softly at me as he spoke out.
-I just wanted to go home with my dad...

The boy told me and looked at Greg with a sad smile appearing on his face. How could I ever not help the boy. I were soft hearted and I would do anything to make both humans and gems happy. That was just my nature and I couldn't help it even how much I tried not too. I knew this wasn't my place to do but I needed to help them. I sighed knowing I would eventually end up helping the boy go back home with his dad.
-Fine, I will help you but on one condition.

I told the boy and he looked at me happily and nodded viciously.
-That you don't tell anyone that I helped you. The diamonds would not be happy with me if they knew.

I told the boy with a calm yet serious voice. The boy then came up closer to me and spoke out.
-I won't, I promise!

The boy told me in a confident voice as he had stars in his eyes. I chuckled slightly at how adorable the human child were and waved at them to follow me. They immediately did as they were told and now they were following me as I led them to an escape pod so they could go back to their home.
-My name is Steven, What's yours?

The boy told me with a happy smile playing on his face as we were walking.
-I'm Opal, it's a pleasure to meet you Steven and Steven's dad Greg.

I told them calmly while I looked back at the two humans and Steven looked quite shocked then it turned instantly into amazement as he gasped out with excitement.
-Do you have future vision!?

Steven told me  and I chuckled at his excitement.
-No afraid not dear Steven.

I told Steven as I saw his excitement fall and he then looked at me in a confused glare.
Greg then where the one to speak up this time as he had a slight scared expression on his face.
-Then, how did you know?

Greg told me in a worried and confused voice as he had to walked closer to Steven.
-I come often to the zoo to look and listen at the humans. And when you arrived I had overheard your conversation with the other humans in the zoo when you greeted yourself to them.I didn't hear much only a few words and your name.

I told Greg and Steven as I could see Greg's worried face fall and Steven pouted slightly. But it quickly disappeared and turned into a small smile.

I then stopped as we had arrived to our destination. We were now in front of a big green round escape pod as I stretched my arm out at the pod telling them to step inside. Steven where the first one to act as he jumped inside the pod as he then took his dad's arm pulling him inside.
-Thank you Opal for helping us, we will always be grateful for your help.

Steven told me in a happy voice and I looked at them inside the pod as I spoke to them.
-No problem Steven, just remember our promise.

I told Steven and he simply nodded and gave me a thumbs up. I then carefully closed the doors on the pod and dialed the pod to arrive at Earth, to their home. When I were done I took a couple of steps away from the pod and waved a bye to the humans.

Then the pod started to come alive and began to move. I could see Steven and Greg waving a bye to me thru the window on the pod's door as the pod flew further and further away from me and the human zoo.

Well that was something rather interesting, I would never have thought I would help a human today. But I'm glad I did, they both looked so happy now I thought as I began walking back inside.
________________________________
A/N:
Yee yee guys, one chapter done and one more to go. What do you think so far of the
story/book?

Well I do hope you enjoyed it so far and tell me a couple of request to the story, cause like my mind just aren't working like it should. But don't worry the story isn't done yet.

Well that's pretty much it, see you guys in the next chapter. Bye bye my fellow readers!😌❤️