Chapter 20 The fall

Opal's POV
Me and the Diamonds were just starting peacefully until a gem came in the room with a panicked yet happy face as she had informed us that Rose had been discovered and been taken to Homeworld, it were the same Rose Quartz who started a rebellion on Earth,the same Quartz who started a war making multiple gems to shatter, the same gem who shattered Pink Diamond.

Everything I had heard about her were truly horrible, I just couldn't believe that anyone could have been so, so cold hearted and vile.

Me,Yellow and Blue sat on our thrones in a big room awaiting the rebels leader Rose Quartz arrival so we could begin our session deciding her fate. White couldn't attend the meeting cause of her work.

Yellow wanted to shatter the quartz just the second Rose had arrived but Blue stopped her. But when I decided to look at the gem that where so called named Rose, I saw the same boy that I had helped back to Earth and a human beside him. I looked at him with disappointment and he noticed, looking away in shame.

How could I have been so ignorant, I had helped the same gem that had shattered Pink and so many more gems. I shouldn't have trusted a mere stranger, I should have known better.

Not long after Rose or Steven I don't know who she is supposed to be anymore,I were just so confused and betrayed. Not long after the Quartz arrived both Blue Zircon and Yellow Zircon har started talking.The yellow one were good and I could see the blue one sweating in nervousness. I looked at her giving her a reassuring look as it were now her turn to speak and I could see her noticing me, she smiled slightly and then breathed in deep as she had began to speak.
-May I borrow your Palanquin to present my presentation my diamond?

Blue Zircon said in a professional voice but still were showing slight fear and nervousness on her face. Blue Diamond nodded and took out her palanquin to the zircons,Rose and the human. Blue Zircon reached the palanquin and she tried starting it as she wanted to perform the action from Pink's shattering. But she weren't able to start or move the palanquin. I sighed slightly knowing I had to help the gem.
-I will help her.

I told Yellow and Blue, Yellow were about to protest but where stopped by Blue's voice interrupting hers.
-You may.

Blue said to me and I then stood up and made my form smaller, now having my hight as short as the Zircon. I felt like it would be easier to show her if I were the same hight.

I walked closer towards the zircons,Rose/Steven and the human that where making muffling sounds in the bubble that where around his head. When I were close I felt myself tense up watching their every move as I didn't want to be shattered. It were risky being so close to them but I had Yellow and Blue if something were to happen.

But when I were only a few steps away from the human he made a drastic move making me step back away from them quickly as a petrified face moved on my face. I were truly horrified of them even though they looked harmless. I had heard so many horrible things about the Rose Quartz actions, feeling like I could be shattered by her/him any seconds. I looked at Yellow and Blue. Yellow had stood up slightly from her throne being a little closer towards me now, she were probably worried about me being so close to the dangerous gem and Blue gave me a nod to continue. I then nodded back at her with confident and moved over to the palanquin.

I steeped inside the Palanquin waving showing Blue Zircon the basics on how the palanquin worked, she then said a small "okey" and "MmMmm" while I spoke to her. When I were done I stood in the palanquin knowing she might have more problems with the palanquin controls and such as when Zircon would presented the introduction of how Pink got shattered.

She had now started her performance but when Zircon had performed the stabbing scene I could hear Blue sob out looking away. I looked up at them with a comforting expression on my face as I could see a hurt face on Yellow's face.
I just wanted to go up to her and give her a comforting hug and give her soft tender kisses on her but I couldn't. Because we couldn't show our affection in public.

My mind were interrupted when Blue Zircon then shouted out to the diamond, telling them that they might be guilty shattering Pink as she had her fingers pointing at Yellow and Blue.

When her words had left her foul mouth I felt myself gasp as she told us that one of us could have shattered Pink. First of all I weren't even on Homeworld as I were still not discovered yet by the Homeworlds gems when this happened, second of all Yellow and Blue have been sobbing their heart out for years. How could they have been responsible for her shattering I thought angrily while I gave the Zircon an enraged look.

But soon I were broken out of my gaze from Blue Zircon to Yellow Diamond when she had stood up from her throne with anger clear on her face. Seeing her like this made my heart break, she seemed so hurt by the Zircon's words.Yellow then poofed blue and yellow Zircon out of despair and hurting making Blue stand up as and she told Yellow to stop. They then started full on arguing, mostly screaming at each other.

However when I were about to go to them and comfort them Steven/Rose took my wrist as he/she had jumped on the palanquin with his human friend making me unable to run away.
-Let me go!

I told him but he just shakes his head looking at me with a sorrowful face as he whispered a small "I'm sorry, I need to do this" before he looked at the control as He/she then started the palanquin making it move right and left making me fall on the floor of the palanquin as I couldn't hold my balance at the swinging. Then Steven/Rose pushes a butto making the palanquin run full speed backwards making the it hit the wall. The wall then started to crack and fall in pieces at the impact of the palanquin and the wall. Making so both the wall and the Palanquin we were inside in fall outside the room while we were plunging to the deep deadly drop below us.

When I took a last glance at Yellow and Blue before our fall I could se pure horror display on Yellow's face and Blue's eyes had widened with shook trying to process what just happened.

Yellow then ran towards us leaning out of the hole in the wall we had just plunged out of as she were reaching her hand out to me as she tried to reach out her hand to me in despair.
-OPPAAAAALLLLLLL!!!

She screamed out with a horrified scream that were bubbling with terror as she looked at us, seeing her and the building become smaller and smaller making it hard to see. Even how hard I tried looking at Yellow she had now become not visible to my sight. Feeling horror creep up while not knowing if I were to shatter or survive after the impact.

It felt like we were falling for hours but when the blue palanquin hit the ground making the impact hard and slow. It hurt my form so much from the impact, that it poofed my form.
________________________________
So yeahhhhhhhh another chapter done mah dudes! Hope you enjoyed it and I do hope you will continue reading the story.

So that's pretty much it and I will see you at the next chapter tomorrow so bye bye my fellow readers!🥰😌❤️