Chapter 37 The Map

Opal's Pov
I had been studying and investigating the "key" as peridot said that it was for a couple of hours now.
I were trying to find any clues to were the key could lead to or mostly were to start looking. But there weren't anything that could be to use or anything, Peridot told me to drop the thoughts and call the other diamond's for help but then Lapis intervened.

She wanted us to look for ourselves first and call them if it were completely necessary cause Lapis had some grudge towards the diamond's.
It might have been something to do in the past she didn't want to remember or experience again I thought. But when I asked her about it she just flew away and sat on top the roof of the barn,not saying anything.

I asked Peridot about it but she told me it was just a thing Lapis did and that she would return eventually. Probably giving her pace would be the best option for now. So I just went back to work on the key.

There were some weird things sticking out of it, like sticks, moss and lumps of mold,
it sure were old. Probably older then Steven and the Crystal gems I thought as I started picking away the dirt, mold and anything that could hide any important information.

As I scraped a lump of moss of the key something new were visible on the key. I quickly went to the small pond that Steven and Peridot had built to Lapis and washed the object of. When I picked the key out of the water there were some familiar markings and letters on it.

I had seen them somewhere but were I didn't know. I had to tell Peridot and Lapis about this. I quickly ran inside the barn to search for them. I looked up thru the hole in the roof when something blue came in sight, that's when I knew they were on the roof.
-Peridot, Lapis, come down here!
I have found some clues about the key!

I screamed inside the barn towards them, then Lapis started moving and came in, carying Peridot in her arms as they flew down the hole in the roof. That hole really needed to be fixed I thought as they flew in. They landed in front of me clearly curious of what I had found.
-Opal, what did you find?

Lapis said in a soft voice as she stared at me. I took out the key and held it towards them. They both looked at the key and inspected it.
-I don't see anything.

Peridot said as she rubbed her temple,looking at the key with clear confusion. I giggle slightly, I hadn't even turned the markings and letters towards them yet.
-Be patient, I haven't even showed it yet.

I said as I turned the key around showing what I had found, they stared at it silent until something ran down on Peridot as she clutched the key in my hand and took it closer to her face. She gasped and I could see stars form in her eyes, she kind of remembered me of Steven sometimes.

I looked towards Lapis for any clues on why Peridot acted like this, Lapis only looked at me and then shrugged her shoulders showing me that she were exactly as clueless as me.
-So what does it mean, I have seen the symbols and letters somewhere but I can't clearly figure out where.

I said towards Peridot and I could see a smirk grew across her lips, she took one hand towards us with the key in it and the other hand she placed on her chest, as she made a dramatic scene.
-This my dear friends is our clue to were we can find were this key leads to. The laungage in not so knowed in Homeworld but lucky for you two is that I have been studying the arts of this beautiful language for years.

Peridot said with pure confidence as she took her nose up in the air in success. I will let her have her pride but I don't think Lapis is exactly as kind. I gave a quice glance at Lapis and she just seemed exactly as normal, or mostly how she usually acted. I guess she doesn't really care.