Chapter 30 I'm here

Warning! Fighting/Angst!
Yellow Diamond's POV
I were simply walking around in the empty halls with my pearl next to me when a stressed out Citrine had ran up to me. I glanced at the gem awaiting impatiently for the gem to tell me whatever she was going to say. I didn't have all day, I had a meeting to attend to.

The gem were huffing and puffing, trying to recover her breathing back to normal. She just had to take her god damn time.

I stomped my left foot over and over impatiently as I had my eyes glued to the gem before me. She finally got her breathing back to normal as she coughed out, probably having a dry throat from breathing so heavily. She stood up having her body in a line and she then did the diamond pose towards me, she were a little shaken up from whatever were bugging her.

My pearl coughed out getting the gems attention before she spoke.
-Get to the point, my luminous diamond have a meeting to attend to.

Yellow pearl said as she were glaring daggers at the gem before us, she shivered slightly in fear. She then looked up at me awaiting for her permission. I groaned out in irritation and nodded at her.
-My diamond, there is a problem at the centre west wing of Homeworld, there seems to be some sort of war. Lilac Pearl had informed us to gather help.

The gem spoke out trying to sound as professional as possible. I looked at her with wide eyes. There was only one Lilac Pearl and she were Opal's pearl. Does that mean that she is in trouble. Wait, didn't she have to help some troublesome gems at that exact location I thought feeling multiple of emotion unravel inside of me.

I quickly acted and walked away from the gem, trying to reach Opal the fastest I could. I could hear my pearl running behind me as she held the speed.

If anything would have happened to Opal I don't know what I would do. I would be heartbroken knowing that I weren't by her side, I would risk my own gem to get shattered if it were to save Opal. She is the only one to brighten my day and make me feel loved. She were my only source of happiness.
I had to get to Opal before anything  horrifying would happen.

My thoughts ran to the worst conclusion to what could have happened to my precious Opal, making me worry for my lover even more then before, if that even was possible.

I could hear my fast and loud steps echo thru the walls making the halls feel more dark and lonely. It felt like forever to reach the west wing even though it took only 10 minutes. The time felt like it slowed down when I were walking. It were something cleanching on my heart, making it hard to breath and it felt like an empty pit of darkness eating me inside when I were knowing that there were a possibility that Opal might be in danger.

Every part of my being screamed at me to hurry, be faster and to run. I needed to protect her, she were not a gem to know how to fight.
She were never experienced upon fighting or protecting herself. So I had promised myself that I would protect her with all my might, to be her shield of protection. I needed to be there with her.

As I could see those familiar doors that lead to the centre of the west wing I could feel my steps go faster. I was prectactly running at this point.

As my hands took a firm grip on the handles on the doors, I swung them open with all my strength.

And what I saw made me furious, filing me with hatred. I saw my lover being strangled by on of those disgusting fusion. The fusion had their other hand on Opal's gem, crunching it with a tight grip.

It were merely the same size as Opal, it had five red glowing eyes and had a disgusting grin showing its shark yellow teeth. Trying to be intimidating, but I would have none of that.