Chapter 42 Trap...

(⚠ Warning ⚠:hurt, like literally, she is gonna get hurt, stabby stab)

Opal's Pov
I stood there awaiting for the voice to answer patiently as I felt my anxiety grow every second. Every second felt like minutes as I just stood there waiting.  
-There is, one way,
my diamond🔹

The electronic voice said, making my face light up with hope.

Could I finally free myself from this corruption that caused me so much pain I thought feeling a faint smile be placed on my lips.
-Can you please help me then?

I asked the voice as happiness filling me up.
Was this my time to finally get fixed from this sickness I thought as I ansiously waited for an answer.
-Ýęš 🔹

It said, but something where odd this time, the voice sounded like it were glitching and darker from before.
It were just somewhat normal a few minutes ago..

My hope fell when I noticed something were wrong, did it really mean it or was it a trap I thought clearly suspicious from whatever were going on.

Then suddenly the lights in the huge room turned into an deep dark blod red. I looked around me in panic and then looked behind me to Peridot and Lapis, seeing them running towards me in full speed.

Why where they so scared, why where they running towards me I thought feeling very confused on what where happening.

They both had a horrified expression on their faces as they ran towards me, making my worry fill up even more.

What on earth where going on I thought panickly as I looked behind me, seeing a black bubble coming towards me as quick as possible.

Oh... I thought, realizing now what where happening. I looked back at Peridot and Lapis in pure terror, I reached my arm towards them trying to reach them.

But as they were only a meter away from me the bubble had reached me first,as it now had swallowed me whole.

I where now inside the black bubble.
Completely horrified and shocked on what next where going to happen.

The bubble had me but what would it do to me.I will break myself free before it show's me what it does I thought.

I incpected the bubble from the insides and tried to find any clues on how to get out. But nothing, only complete black walls.

I could hear Lapis and Peridot banging from the outside as I heard mumbled screames from both of them.

I could only heard faint screams like "Opal" But I weren't completely sure, since the screaming where muffled by the black walls of the bubble.

What in the Diamond Authority were going on I thought as I tried to break myself out, but I didn't even scratch the surface.

I stopped trying to punch myself out of the bubble when the insides of the walls of the bubble started to move in multiple of small weird spiral formations.

I felt myself panicking more and more as the spirals on the wall turned into spikes on the walls of the bubble, inching closer and closer.
-No no no no no!

I screeched panickly as I tried to go further away from the spikes.But when I stepped back from the spikes that where in front of me my back got stabbed by the once behind me.
It were completely impossible to escape from them as they were inching closer and closer from every direction.
-Døn't fęąr mý dîamonð, I ăm
hęlpińg yøű🔹

It said with its emotionless voice,glitching between the words.

And that's was the last thing I heard from the electronic voice until the black spikes pierced thru my body from every angle.

The pain thumping thru my whole body, just acing from every side because of the spikes.

Was this helping? Was this really how to fix it? But why did it have to be so painful...

I felt my consciousness fade with each second as I could still hear Peridot's and Lapis's banging and paniced screaming fade as well. With every second everything just faded, my touch, my sight, my thoughts...

Everything just fading away as the spikes burrowed in my body deeper and deeper, until something made a crack sound from my body.

Crack.....

Crack...

Crack..

I heard multiple of times. Then I heard Peridot's and Lapis's screaming and banging had stopped, into an sincere silence.

Then I felt something shattered,
I could feel were it came from this time.

Knowing now exactly what where cracking and my consciousness were now gone, turning everything I knew and thought into an eternal darkness.

Lapis Lazuli's Pov
Me and Peridot watched in horror as Opal where swallowed by that weird black bubble. We banged and banged on the shell of it but nothing happened.
-Opal!

I screamed in horror as I kept banging on the bubble, I wouldn't stop trying even how much it hurt.I know I had to try even if there may be no chance of saving her.
-Opal!We are going to get you out!

Peridot shouted from the top of her lungs as she punched the bubble the hardest she could multiple of times, trying to make it to pop or break. But it didn't even leave a single scratch from both our hitting and punching.

I stopped banging when I heard something from the inside of the bubble, I carefully placed my ear on the bubble as I heard something familiar. Something very familiar...

Those familiar cracking noices.
-Peridot,stop. Listen.

I said to the green gem as I lifted my ear from the bubble, she stopped her punching and hitting the bubble and looked at me confused.

I couldn't hear much from her banging but now it must be alot clearer I thought to myself.

I placed my ear softly back on the bubble as I could recognize those cracking noises anywhere.

Those same cracking noises that I heard in the gem War between Earth and Homeworld. Those same cracking noises from shattering gems.

I felt my eyes widen in shock and tears brimming my eyes.

Opal were dying...

Peridot noticed my sad expression and placed her ear to the black bubble, listening to the sound as well.

As she knew what she were hearing her face turned pale and couple of shades of green on her face lightened. She looked back at me with a horrified look.

Then it happened, that same shattering noise. Whatever were happening in there were complete.

Whatever happened to Opal finished, knowing that whatever were left inside the bubble were not something we ever wanted to see ever again.

(⚠ Cliffhanger warning ⚠)
__________________________________
A/N:
What could they mean with whatever happened where finished? Did Opal get shattered and if so, how would Yellow react to this? Where this story nearing it's end? That will you know in the next chapter my fellow reader.

Sorry that this chapter where shorter then average, I just thought it would be perfect ending this chapter there, not really noticing it where shorter then normal.

But anyway, what do you guys think of the story so far? It really makes me happy to hear what you guys think about it, so write something in the comments.

I wish you good luck and I will see you guys in the next chapter,
Bye bye my fellow readers!! 😘