Chapter 43 Tears

Lapis Lazuli's Pov
The bubbled just stood there,not moving an inch.Not even making any sounds.

Why did this have to end like this,
I thought as tears dripped down my cheeks.

I looked at the bubble with pure sadness on my face, I had this pain in my chest I hadn't felt in so long.
Ever since I got here on Earth I thought I would never see a close one to me shatter again, but here we where.Nothing changed.

My mind went back to reality as I saw Peridot in the corner of my eye running away from the black bubble.
I turned my gaze towards her, looking at her with a confused expression on my face.
-Peridot, where are you going?...

I successfully mustered out to Peridot with an quiet voice as my voice couldn't go higher because of my devastated state.I tried to hide most of my sadness so I wouldn't worry Peridot but you could clearly hear it in my voice when I spoke.
-W-We can't give up yet! Me must get help!

Peridot shouted to me,with glossy eyes, trying to be confident even though we both heard her shatter inside that bubble.

I just silently stared at Peridot as she ran out of the room, when she wasn't in my view anymore my eyes went back towards the black bubble.

The same bubble that caused Opal death.

I sighed and felt tears brim in my eyes once again at the thought of Opal.
I carefully placed my hand on the bubble as I got even closer to it. I then softly placed my forehead on it as tears dripped down my eyes.

The only thing you could hear in the empty room was echoes of my sobs and sniffles.

Peridot's Pov
I quickly ran out the room and I could hear Lapis's sniffles echo in the empty temple.

I tried my best to hold in my sorrow for Opal, but I could clearly feel my vision getting blurred from some sort of liquid.

Why where my eyes leaking I thought as I wiped my eyes with the back of my wrist. I had never experienced such grief before...

But I had to push that away for now because I had to find help, even though there might be no chance of Opal's survival.Even if the chances were low, I had to take it.

We haven't seen her gem or her yet, so there must still be a chance that she survived whatever happened in that black bubble I thought as I tried my best to hold my confidence.
But it was slowly breaking.

I stopped running when I saw what I were looking for.

I stood inside the same room where that small pillar with the diamond authority sign on it were in.
The same pillar that I accidentally called White Diamond with.

The Diamond scared the living hell out of me but I had to get help, to save Opal.

I walked towards it and gulped nervously as I placed my hand on top of it. Please work I thought anxiously while I backed up a bit as I looked at the pillar.

The same white familiar light shined from the meter tall pillar, the light then formed into an hologram screen shaped as an diamond.

There she was,sitting in her crystal white throne without any care in the world, the glorious White Diamond.

She turned her head towards me, staring at me with her grey eyes that gave me shivers. She looked around in the room I were in, looking for someone. She then glared back at me with an serious expression on her face.
-Where is Opal?

The diamond said as she glared at me, as she said her name I could feel the same liqued from earlier suddenly brim down my eyes.I didn't know why it hurt so much hearing her name.