Chapter 21 Taken and Returned

Yellow Diamond's POV
Me and Blue were screaming at each other trying to decide Rose Quartz fate, I thought it were stupid to even argue about this. Rose shattered Pink and she must be shattered for her treason.

I stopped screaming and scolding Blue when I heard a explosion and many cracking sounds coming from where the palanquin ones stood.
I turned my face to the sound of the explosion and felt fear instantly switch inside of me.

I saw Rose holding Opal's wrist as I could see the palanquin they were in fall backwards thru the whole in the wall making them fall to the endless pit of darkness. Panic rushed inside of me as I ran the quickest I could towards the falling palanquin trying to save my love of my life. I fell to my knees leaning out of the hole in the wall the palanquin has caused and reached my hand out trying to reach Opal with all my might.

But I were to late....
-OPPAAAAALLLLLLL!!!

I screamed in clear desperation and despair as I saw the palanquin that held Opal and that disgusting Rose Quartz gem in, plunging down from the building me and Blue were in.

As I saw it fall it felt like seconds turned to hours and hours turned to years. It seemed like I were watching it fall for an eternity, it hurt so much knowing I weren't there to help her and seeing her fall. Knowing I couldn't protect her from the same gem who took Pink away from us. I shouldn't have let her go towards the gem and the human. I knew it were to dangerous, I tried to stop her but couldn't because of Blue.
Blue.....She is the reason why Opal isn't in my reach anymore,all because she wanted to let that pathetic Rose Quartz to speak. To let her redeem herself.

As I couldn't see Opal or the palanquin anymore I felt sudden anger rush over me because of the loss of my dear Opal, I looked at Blue with pure wrath.
-YOU KNEW SHE WERE DANGEROUS!!
YET YOU LET HER GO CLOSE TO THAT DISGUSTING ROSE QUARTZ AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!! SHE TOOK HER AWAY FROM US, FROM ME!!WE LET HER GO JUST LIKE WE LET PINK GO, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!

I screamed at Blue with full on rage and despair as I fell on my knees on the cold floor sobbing, I were so afraid of what the Rose Quartz might do to my precious Opal.

Blue sat down next to me and put a comforting hand on my shoulder looking guilty and sad, I looked up to her and sighed deeply and wiped my tears trying my best to not burst out crying again at the thought and mention of Opal's missing. I needed to stay strong for Homeworld, the gems, the diamonds and especially for Opal.

Blue were about to speak out to me but I interrupted her as I spoke out.
-I-I'm sorry for taking this out on you like that. I'm just.....I'm just scared and worried about her. I care so much about her.
I love her.....I Love Opal.....I love her so much Blue. If she were to shatter, I don think I would be able to take it....

I confessed to Blue on how I felt, I just waited to get scolded and punished for my treason for having these feelings called love, even though I knew it were illegal to have. But none of that happened and the most surprising thing happened, I had received a hug from Blue instead. When she had released the hug I looked at her confused. She weren't going to punish me, why I wondered to myself.
-I know Yellow, no need to worry.
I kinda noticed you and Opal had a thing for each other ever since I saw you two lay your eyes on each other for the first time. It was very amusing seeing how long it would take for you guys to be in a relationship.

Blue told me in a comforting voice trying to cheer me up. I sighed deeply feeling relieved that me and Opal could still be together. If I were to never be close to her I would rather have myself shatter then have to be away from her. She was just way to important to me.