Chapter 12 Answers

Yellow Diamond's POV 
It had now been at least a year since I had seen Opal.Everything around me had become so quite,so dark and lonely without her.I miss her so much, my lovely little Opal. Why did I feel like this...I felt lost without her being around me..that beautiful smile and laughter that made me melt.I missed it so.

I tried getting her and my strange feelings that were tugging in my chest to disappear out of my mind, so I just worked and worked without taking breaks. That was until I remembered how I did this before but Opal were so nice, so kind. She taught me how to do this so called sleeping. Maybe I should try it again I though.

I stood up from my throne shutting of my hologram screen and walked over to the sleeping area.I laid myself down like before and closed my eyes awaiting sleep to drift me away from my sorrows. But nothing happened.
My mind were only racing back to Opal.

I sighed and put my hand on my face. I just couldn't get it away. I couldn't get this feeling away. I need to look it up, but who could I talk to who knows a lot about these feelings. Maybe I could ask those humans in Pink's human zoo, no, that won't do. Maybe the Amethyst.But I don't want any gem to know about this struggle so maybe a message to the Amethysts won't do any harm I thought.
-That will do.

I said quietly for only me to hear. And I stood up from my sleeping area. It took way longer than I had thought writing about the feeling and asked the Amethysts to tell me why I had them.I arranged my pearl to send the message to the Amethysts. When pearl had left my chambers ready to deliver the message I slumped myself onto my throne sighing loudly.

I took up my hologram screen looking how the gems and my planets where doing and such. It had been at least a couple of hours now but why where Pearl taking so long. I knew it was far away but that only made me frustrated. I needed to know why, why I felt like this so I can fix this. I can't work properly because of it.

I heard my doors open revealing Yellow pearl. She looked like she had been running for hours, she panted loudly getting her breath back to normal and she took her arm out revealing a letter in her hand. I walked over to her and took it. The letter were small but still readable.
"Dear gem, the feelings you are asking us about and why you have them we know the answer to. It's called love and that's what you are feeling. That's why you feel so happy,warm and a tingly sensation when you are with this gem. Love is a bond you have between 2 people and is a romantic bonding."

The letter said. I felt warmth rise towards my cheeks obviously knowing now that I were blushing madly. I were in love with Opal. Holy stars what will I do... what if she doesn't feel the same. I knew about this love but never thought I would experience it. Pink and her humans had told me all about it to step one and last.But back then I thought the feeling "Love" were pathetic and a useless feeling.

Now I knew that it wasn't true at all and that it were a truly wonderful feeling to have but without her around it feels like I'm being shattered over and over.

I had noticed now how much effect this small gem has on me. How she could make me feel so happy with only a small smile. I had gotten this strong feeling to protect her from everything that would ever want to hurt her. But I can't do so now. I knew she wouldn't stay with me forever and I knew she were Blue's gem. But dear stars I had fell hard for this gem.

I sat down on the cold floor brushing the word "Love" with my finger. I smiled warmly at the word.

My pearl went up to me and looked at me confused. I laughed out warmly at her confused face only making it worsen.
-My diamond is something wrong?

My pearl had told me with the same confused face staring up at me. I smiled at her softly as I began to speak.
-Everything is perfectly fine. There is nothing to worry about Pearl.

I told her and she only nodded. I looked outside seeing it had gone dark. Telling me that it were very late. The time had gone by so fast I thought as I slowly stood up from the floor to walk up to the big yellow stained window that were formed like the out diamond authority logo. I looked outside seeing multiple gems living their lives, some of them chatting and some of them working hard. Maybe I should go to work as well I thought smiling slightly.

I started walking back from the window to my throne taking up the yellow hologram screen and stated looking at the piling dreaded work before me.I guess it's time to start working again I thought sensing an annoyed expression on my face. I looked thru the gem list and looking at the news. I stopped at a certain photo. It were me,Blue,White and Opal laughing, we looked so happy and peaceful.I looked lovingly at Opal as she had a bright warming smile upon her face.
I will meet you again soon my sweet Opal...

________________________________
Oh shoot Yellow realized her feelings as well. How could this turn out. Were they going to become a happy couple or would something stop them from becoming together?

That you will know at the future chapters and I do hope you enjoyed reading this far. Cya at the next chapter my fellow readers~☺️❤️

(Sorry if this one were short but I made this really late at night and I need sleep or I would be a walking zombie tomorrow)