Chapter 14 Different

Opal's POV
My cracks weren't healing, the cracks only got worse by the second.This was the first time this had ever happened to me. It were truly terrifying not knowing if I would survive or not or if I would never be able to meet Yellow again. I hadn't even told her how I felt yet, I weren't ready for death.
Blue had put me down in White's hands and White had her gem/Diamond awfully close to me. When her gem touched me a spark of light surrounded me and everything around me went black as my consciousness faded into a abyss of nothing...

White Diamond's POV
My dear Opal were so hurt,her body were covered in those brutal cracks because of those disgusting gems. I had to heal her or something bad could have happen to her.There were one way to heal her and I took it without a second thought. I looked at Blue and nodded at her, she seemed shocked by my decision knowing what I were about to do but she carefully nodded agreeing on my terms.

After Pink's shattering we were hurt, even I were hurt. But poor Yellow she is still slowly cracking her self, even though she does not show it. I can still see her sorrow. She blamed herself for the shattering of Pink. But when Opal had arrived, Yellow seemed truly happy. Opal were the only gem to reach her in her hard moments.I know Yellow cares deeply for this adorable gem. If this gem were to shatter I don't think Yellow could take it. So I had to act even if it were to bring many consequences.

I took Opal from Blue's hand and slowly and carefully put my gem on the small Opal beneath me. As I sent some of my life aura thru my gem to Opal,there were a spark of light from where Opal had stood and when the light disappeared the only thing remaining in my hands where her gem. But now her blue ish purple gem had gold/white streaks in it making it glow radiant in both blue,gold and white when light hit it.

I sighed softly hoping it had worked, it took a lot of my energy. I will have to inform Yellow to pick up our dear Opal. She needed protection in this weak state. Blue wasn't the gem to protect her and I were to weak so the only diamond remaining were Yellow.

I dismissed Blue and went to sit in my throne still holding Opal's gem in my hands as I had called Yellow on my white hologram screen.
She answered and she looked stressed and sad.
-Sunshine, I want you to take care of Opal in her weak state. She can shatter very easily now and I want you to protect the gem until she reforms.

I said holding up Opal's gem in display for Yellow. She seemed very worried about the gem in my hand. She took a deep breath before speaking.
-I will gladly protect Opal from any harm.

Yellow said in a serious voice telling me she meant every word she told me and I simply nodded and closed the call awaiting for Yellow to pick Opal up.

Yellow's POV
I had been informed about the current situation and I were scared for Opal to shatter. I wanted to protect her and shatter anyone who dared to harm her. If she were to shatter I don't think I could contain my sorrow. She were the only gem who cared for me, she is the gem that could make me happy with only a simple smile.

I had reached to White's chambers and walked inside. White turned her gaze towards me and walked closer to me. She took out her hand revealing Opal's gem in her hand. It were different but it were still her and no one could change that. I took Opal's gem in my hands carefully as I didn't want to hurt the small gem.
-I trust you to take good care of Opal, I'm sure you will do a great job.

White told me with a calm voice. I looked at the gem in my hands and smiled softly then looked up at White as my smile faded and turned serious.
-I will protect her with all I got.

I told her with a confident voice knowing I would take any risk to protect Opal. She were the love of my life and I never wish her to be hurt.

White nodded at me waving her hand at me as she dismissed me. I turned away from White and walked out the white chambers as I held Opal protectively in my hands having them close to my chest.

A couple of minutes later

I had reached my chambers and I told my pearl to guard my chambers from any intruder. I sat down on my throne as I sighed softly getting lost looking into her gem, it were beautiful.

Everything about Opal were just perfect and kind. She could lit my heart into a thousands of fires with only her soothing laughter. I can't dream of a life without her.

I took a gentle finger and brushed the gem carefully showing all my affection towards the gem. I wanted her to know how I felt even though she were inside her gem. She had to know about my feelings towards her but when I were to tell her were a mystery.

I could feel my eyelids get heavier with each second I were staring into the gem in my hands holding it protectively almost hugging it. My mind were soothing down to only one word...Opal...

That's when a deep sleep took over my mind and body as my consciousness faded. Leaving me and Opal's gem all alone in a loving embrace.

Opal's POV
My mind stayed gathering back again and I could feel my body reform, I felt different somehow. I reformed slowly as I had felt something holding me. It were caring and loving.The person holding me had their arms wrapped around my waist warmly and caring. I wonder who it was.

When I had reformed completely I opened my eyes feeling a blush spread on my cheeks.
Holy stars!! Yellow were so close!! I fangirling internally at myself. My heart were beating furiously in my chest scaring me that Yellow would hear or feel it.

Yellow's face were only inches away from mine. She looked so peaceful when she slept, her face were so gorges and flawless up close.
But something felt off, not with Yellow but with me.

Both my mind and body froze when I felt Yellow twitch beneath me and her eye lids slowly opened. When her gaze met mine I could see Yellow's cheeks turn many shades of orange and she let her embrace around me go.

When she had let go of me I stood up, but something were odd about me. I were wayyyy taller then before and I could see streaks of white on my blue skin.What happened to my I thought. I walked to Yellow's mirror and stared at my appearance. I had changed so much well my colors were at least accurate but still.

I had short white fluffy hair with some gold strands and my eyes had gone to a pastel purple and I had diamond shaped pupils. My skin where light blue with white streaked like a Jasper but different colors. My gold and dark blue freckles had faded slightly but they where still there. I had grown a lot taller but I were about a meter or two smaller then Yellow.
My gem had turned to a diamond shape like White's but where on my chest instead, it were blue ish purple and had gold/white streaks in it making it glow.

I turned around gazing at Yellow in shook.
-What happened?
________________________________
Holy stars! Opal had become a diamond, who could have guessed?!
(Well except of me but forget about that)

Hope you enjoyed reading today's chapter and tell me what you think of the story so far. See you guys at the next chapter. Bye bye my fellow readers💎❤️