Chapter 31 Something Wrong

Opal's POV
It had been a couple of days after that horrifying experience. I still haven't get used to much things yet but it will happen with time. Or at least that was what White had told me. I don't really know what's really happening to me, maybe I'm just in shock or something. But I know that was a lie even how many times I told myself.

After thar fusion had crushed my gem, I were directly sent to Steven. He could heal cracked gems and that was exactly what he did. He healed me and I just went back to work like usual.

But that's the thing, after my gem got healed, I can still feel the crack. Like it were never healed at all,it gave me a very empty feeling in my gem.
It were something I had never experienced before. It could just be the after math from cracking your gem, it must be or what else would it be. I had no clue.

I sighed and leaned my body backwards, letting my body be placed softly at the back of my throne. I tried relaxing but that was useless. My mind were swarming with worry for my gem.

I turned my head slowly to my right and looked down at my pearl. She were standing beside my throne, writing or maybe even drawing on her hologram screen. I wouldn't be suprised, it would be awfully boring to stay at one place for long, doing absolutely nothing. I smiled softly at the thought as I watched the pearl draw.

After all we had been in my chamber ever since that horrible avent, Yellow had told me to stay in my chambers for safeties sake.It were still pretty dangerous outside.

I had heard there were still gems that popped out from nowhere and began attacking homeworld gems. It had been like this for a while now, it really makes me worry for Yellow and the other diamonds safety.

Why were those rebels so desperate to hurt us and the gems living on this planet,who could it be that caused all this destruction.
-My diamond?

My pearl asked as she looked at me with a confused yet worried expression on her face.
Her words made me snap back to reality and made me realize that I had been staring at her this whole time.

Good way to go Opal, you creep I told myself as I could feel myself mentally face-palming myself.
-Oh, it's nothing I was just lost in my thoughts. Sorry for making you worried my dear.

I said to pearl with a comforting voice. But just as I had spoken I were struck with regret. Oh now I could really feel myself punch myself.
"my dear" what in the holy stars was that. I really do need a break from all this worry and thinking. It's driving me mad.

But thank the stars, it seemed like my words did not affect pearl. She just went back to draw on her hologram screen.

She absolutely hated when I were formal or gave her nicknames, she thought it didn't suit her ranking or something like that. I remember when I accidentally said her full name and she stooped talking to me for a whole month, how cold of her to do so.

I felt a cold shiver run down my spine at the memory, I were never to repeat the action ever again. That were no reminder, it were a full on promise.

Something jabbed at my gem making me clutch my gem in the process. But as I had touched my gem there were nothing there, even the pain went away exactly as fast as it came.
How odd,there were something wrong but what could it be.

I looked at pearl and luckily she hadn't noticed my previous action. If she knew about this she would definitely freak out. I didn't want her to worry about me even more.

After I had bubbled her to my room when that fusion had poofed her, she were unbubbled by White, pearl were alone in my chamber because I were getting healed by Steven. I was told by Blue that she couldn't calm down, she were so stressed out and worried about my safety she didn't take a rest for a single second. She were blaming herself for not noticing the danger and called for help earlier.

I told her it were fine and she told she were okey, I could still sense regret around her. But as the days passed she were getting better by the second.

You could say we were best friends and now the rules had changed,we opened up to each other even more. We mostly talked about what we like and such, it mostly consist of me talking about how I love Yellow. I am actually surprised she listens at everything I have to tell her. If I were in her place I would probably walk away or just dose of.

My mind drifted back to reality once again when the same pain from before had jagged me in my gem once again making me yelp out slightly but I muffled the sound with my hand. I covered my gem with my other hand and let the pain drift away like before. This time the brutal pain lasted longer then the last time. Maybe it were some sort of warning that I needed to get this fixed or else it could be worse, but who would I talk to about this.

Who could I trust to tell, I had Yellow and the diamonds but they had already done so much for me. It would break me to see Yellow suffer with me.

Yellow had accompanied me when I were in my healing process, she were always comforting me and she were always stressed out and super worried.

At night she would stay with me as I slept for hours and in the morning she were still there, watching me. It made me worry for her health so I had to force her to rest as well, to get her to relax. But it were a hard challenge to do because she protested that she would watch over me and make sure I would be safe. But in the end I won and made her to relax as well.

After I had arrived back to my chamber Yellow have been calling me on the diamond line every couple of hours to make sure I were fine, she would be to worried if she really knew how I felt. She were definitely of the list.

Blue and White where way to busy taking care of those rebels. Maybe I should be able to get help from Steven, after all he knew how to heal people. Maybe he could help me with my problem.

There were definitely
something wrong with me and it needed to be fixed as fast as possible.
____________________________________
A/N:
So yeah holy smokes, what could possibly be wrong with Opal? What could cause her to be hurt, would Steven be able to help her? That you will know in the next chapter my fellow readers.

There isn't much to tell except the fact to say happy Christmas and happy new year my lovely readers. Have a awesome holiday and hope it will be filled with happiness and laughter.

Btw I wanna thank @CorruptedDiamond for giving me a shout out, I really appreciate it and it filled with happiness. I never knew someone would be so kind to do so,
So check there account out and maybe even possible follow them.
👍❤️