Chapter 41 Corrupt

Opal's Pov
Well that went better then expected I thought as I now where in front of another big crystal white doors.

I looked over to Peridot as she took out the "key" out of her green gem. She gave it to Lapis, knowing that none of us except her could reach the keyhole.
It were after all about 5 meters above the ground.

Lapis took out her water wings as they formed on her back, she took charge and flew up in the air with the key in her hand.

She stopped flying and just hovered in the air staring at the keyhole, she then took up the key and put it inside the keyhole. She turned the key in a 90 degree angle and the door started creaking as it slowly opened.

I looked thru the crack the door made and only saw darkness. The only light source were from the half opened door. I gulped as I knew I were slightly afraid of the dark. I looked at Peridot.Her fave had turned into an pale green and she seemed way more afraid than I were, good thing to know I weren't the only one afraid of the dark.
-I-I ughhh, how about we do this another time!

Peridot said as she turned away from the door and started to walk away. I looked towards her and she squeaked when I grabbed ahold of her arm.
-No, we are doing this together.

I said as I still held her arm in my hand. Lapis then landed next to me with a small smile on her lips.
-Peridot.

Lapis said softly as she stared at Peridot. Peridot then sighed in defeat and looked up at us.
-Fineeeee, but if we get shattered I'm blaming it on you guys.

Peridot said with an annoyed voice. I let her arm go and she walked back to the opened doors, walking inside the dark room.

I quickly started walking behind Peridot, and Lapis walked beside me.
As all of us were inside the dark room it suddenly lit up, showing us the breathtaking room.
(A/N:the room looks like the picture above, but in white, black or grey colors instead and the banners have the diamonth authority sign on it)

Both me, Lapis and Peridot looked at the room in aw, it were completely stunning.
-Wow....

Lapis and Peridot said in unison.
I looked around with glimmering eyes.
-Wow indeed...

I said with amazement lingering in my voice as my mouth were slightly agape.
-Hello my diamond 🔹

Someone said in a electronic voice, as it echoed in the large room. We all looked around with a shocked expression.
-Who's there!

I said loudly as I tried to not show my fear, this place were supposed to be empty, right? I thought as I looked around in caution.
-Do not threat my diamond,
I mean no harm🔹

The same low electronic voice echoed in the room again, I felt myself relax knowing that it weren't here to hurt us.It felt odd how I relaxed this quickly even though I didn't even know this person, after all this could be a trap.

But that wasn't really what I were worried about,this place where meant to be abonded I thought to myself.
-Uhm excuse me, but who are you?

Lapis said in a questioning voice as she walked in front of me and Peridot.
She stopped walking awaiting for it to speak again.
-I'm sorry, but I only answer my diamond 🔹

It said with it's robotic voice, I looked at Lapis and Peridot and then looked at my reflection in the crystal walls. Did she mean me I thought as I looked up at the roof.
-Do you mean me?

I said with a confused expression on my face, I knew I were part diamond.  But I were never really that known cuase I were half diamond and half Opal, but not only that, how did this person or thing know about me I thought.
-Yes, my Diamond🔹

It said with a calm voice, almost even expressionless.Lapis nughed my shoulder signaling me to ask her the same thing she did before.
-Weren't this place supposed to be abandoned but then who exactly are you?

I said calmly as I looked around the room for any sign of another person in the room, but nothing.I couldn't sense another people then me, Lapis and Peridot in this room. Which was odd cuase I obviously hear someone speak that is no one of us.
-I am, this place, this building.
I were created with this temple and have always been here my diamond🔹

It answered.Well that explained alot, this person were this building, but how did this make sense I thought to myself as I felt completely confused.

I looked at Peridot and Lapis and they kept looking around the room seeming exactly as confused as I were.

But from some weird reason I felt like the voice came from the roof but whenever I looked up I felt a slight sad feeling wash over me.Was this cuase this person were all alone for so many years.

To even think this person had been left here for multiple of thousands of years, all alone. If I were this person I don't now what I would do. Probably go crazy and mentally ill from the abandonment.
I thought to myself.

Suddenly I had started to get my attention on my gem,feeling an odd sensation in my gem thump in a hurtful way.
I grasped my chest where my gem where placed and took a couple of deep breaths, trying to calm the pain as much as possible.
-My diamond, I can sense an corruption growing inside of your gem 🔹

It said making me snap out from my thoughts.

Wait...my gem were corrupted? But how? I knew something were wrong with me but being coruppted were in a whole new level I thought feeling worry eat me alive.

Everyone that were corrupted ended up shattering or turn into an awful monster that Steven had called an "corrupted gem" .There were never really an cure for our weird desease.

Steven though found a way to fix it somehow but how would he be able to fix an half diamond and an off color Opal.
Were there even a chance I though to myself as I slightly panicked internally.

Peridot grabbed my hand in hers as she saw my worried expression, trying to calm me down. I glared at her when I felt her hand in mine and she had a soft smile on her face.
-It will be fine, there must be something that can fix it.

Peridot said in a confident voice but I still hear sadness linger in her voice.
Lapis placed her hand on my shoulder giving me a small smile on her face as well.
-Remember, we will not give up Opal. You must believe in both us and yourself.

Lapis said the in a comforting voice as she stared at me. I returned the smile feeling relieved to have such wonderful friends by my side.

To think all this time I were corrupted and it were eating me bit by bit.Were there even a chance for such a destroyed gem to be fixed.But how do I even fix it.Could this place do it,
it wouldn't hurt to ask, right? I thought to myself.

I took a couple of deep breaths and looked up at the roof, were the electronic voice source probably came from.
-Is there a way to fix it?

I asked with a troubled voice, feeling anxiety grow in me.

I awaited for it to respond, the seconds that passed felt like minutes and the anxiety grew more and more inside of me.

Then it spoke with its electronic voice...

_________________________________
//Cliffhanger attack//
A/N:
Could this place fix Opal's corruption or would it eat her up and shatter her instantly?Or would the corruption turn her into a corrupted gem?
That will you know in the next chapter,so stay tuned~

Is this story going good so far or is there something wrong with it. Tell me what you guys think, cuase I enjoy to hear all of yours thought about the story and I do hope you enjoyed the chapter! 😊

(Btw, if someone tries to message me on wattpad I won't be able to answer due to something wrong with my email, so sorry if I don't answer.
So if you guys want to ask me something just ask in the comment section bellow in my stories)

Well that's pretty much it,
Bye bye my fellow readers!!