Chapter 37 Found It

Opal's Pov
We had walked together to the beach, only following to were the map lead us.
I were so nervous and happy at the same time. I had been mumbling the thoughts of "what if", like,
what if the building doesn't exist anymore and just crumbled together thru all the years the building had been abandoned for.

The thought were scary, but I held up my hope. I had to stay strong. Even how much it hurt, I had to move forward. Every once in a while there is something in or maybe even outside my gem that keeps on hurting me. But the question "why" or "what" , was never answered.

My mind snapped back to reality as my foot hit something hard, making me fall face flat on the ground as my mouth were now full with sand.

I lifted my face from the ground and choughed up the sand that I accidentally had swolloed by the fall.
Peridot and Lapis stopped walking when they heard me cough and groan in agony, they looked towards me and their expression turned directly into worry as they quickly attend to my poorly wounded face.
-Holy stars!Opal are you okey!

Lapis said an worried voice as she looked at me for further wounds. Oddly enough we gems don't usually get wounded in a way humans do but I did. For some reason I had more of a real body when I emerged then the other gems did. It probably were because of the materials that were inbedded in the ground from the planet I were created on.
-Y-yeah I'm fine, I just tripped over something.

I told Lapis between coughs as I still felt sand rubb against the walls of my throat. It were getting very annoying.
Next time I will look where I am walking, cause this sucks. The sand was like an eternal sandpaper in my throat that would never go away even how much I would cough. Not only that, the sand were literally everywhere, both inside and outside my clothes.

I sighed in defeat knowing the sand would be stuck there for a couple of hours or possibly for days. Peridot and Lapis took out their hand, helping me up from my sandy mess.
-Thank you.

I said with a soft smile as I were back on my feet. Peridot looked at my appearance and started laughing her lunges out and clapped her knee, trying her best to breathe.
-Hahajaha yo-hahaha you look like a sand monster! Hahaha I'm dying from all this laughter!

Peridot said between laughters. I just stood there, letting her have this moment. I really didn't know what a sand monster was so I just let it slip by. But even so I felt slightly offended. Why? I didn't know, it just felt like a mean comment.

I looked at Lapis with crossed arms when I heard a couple of snorts coming from her way. Lapis were trying her hardest not to laugh as she literally could barely even hold her stand without her falling with laughter.

I looked at them confused as to why they were laughing like mad man's. I walked over to the ocean looking at my reflection, my hair had a pile of sand on it and my clothes were completely covered in it.

I felt a chuckle leave my lips at my hilarious appearance. This were very enjoyable to look at I thought as I had a small grin on my lips.

I ruffled my hair so the sand would go away and patted my hair back to the shape it originally was,then I brushed off the sand that where on my clothes. When I were done I turned my gaze back towards Lapis and Peridot with a smile.

They both had calmed themselves from all the laughters and had a soft smile on their faces. I walked up towards them as I were looking at the ground cuite carefully so I just didn't faceplant directly on the sand once again, cause that would be pretty embarrassing.

When I where next to them I stopped and looked over the ocean,to where the map told where the building were hidden. It were under the ocean, so we would probably have to swim down pretty deep to find it I thought.
-All done then?If so, how about we continue looking for that building?