chapter 28 Never over

Opal's POV
Me and Yellow were snuggling as we held each other in a warm and loving embrace filled with pure love while having our eyes closed, enjoying every second we spent.We had been left alone as we where spending time with each other. It were a pure bliss to have these moments with Yellow.

My body were on top of Yellow as I were laying down over Yellow as she were sitting in her throne stroking my back with gentle motions while whispering sweet nothing in my ear. I had my left cheek placed on Yellow's chest.Next to her beautiful yellow gem as I could feel her chest rise and fall due to her breathing. It were nice and soothing...

But that where soon interrupted by my pearl as she steeped inside the room. She coughed out loudly trying to make my attention get to her, I sighed softly knowing I would have to leave this warm and loving embrace.

I opened my eyes and lifted my face from Yellow's chest as I began to look at my pearl. I smiled softly at her and she returned it but slightly smaller, she seemed to be very stressed out.
-My diamond, you have been requested to deal with a couple of troublesome gems.

Pearl told me and I nodded at her, I pushed myself softly from the embrace but before I could remove myself completely from Yellow, she had wrapped her arms around my back and pushed me back down on her body.
-Five more minutes....

Yellow said in a very quiet dry voice, making it sound like she just woke up from an 6 hours of sleep. She had her eyes half opened as her gaze were glaring at mine. I chukled slightly at her childishness and pecked her on the lips. Making an hum of enjoyment come from Yellow's lips.

Before Yellow could continue I pushed myself softly away at the embrace as I were now free from her arms. It felt cold not feeling Yellow's warmth on my body, making a small shiver run thru my skin as I felt a cold wind hit my exposed skin.
-I have to go my love, even though I wish to be in your arms forever I can't. I have duties to attend to.

I said to Yellow and she stood up from her throne, walking towards me. She took her hand  under my chin and lifted my face up to hers and kissed my forehead as smiled gently at me, making the smile pure and filled with meaning.
-Fine, but be safe dear.

Yellow told me in a serious yet caring and soft tone, showing that she deeply cared for me.

I nooded at her and I were now sent to work on those troublesome gems. Pearl had told me they were a couple of gems that had been destroying precious and ancient buildings. Those buildings held many dear memories and history towards Homeworld. That's why it where so urgent to fix, even though how much I wanted to stay and talk with Yellow some more, I could not.

Yellow had asked me to join me but I softly denied her request. I knew she were a very busy gem. She had already so much to do, so I didn't want to disrupt her precious time.
So I had taken the job alone, not completely alone though. I did have my pearl with me at all times.

Me and my pearl have been strolling around the huge halls for a couple of hours now. Our walk towards our destination at the center of the west wing of Homeworld where taking way longer then expected.

I could feel my legs weaken but I simply ignored it and kept on walking as nothing where happening. But on the other hand I could see my pearl at the corner of my eye,she seemed to have problem with holding up her legs and keep on walking. I could see that she where trying her best to hide her exhaustion but it crawled up on her face and body, showing how tired and exhausted she really were.

I stopped in our tracks making my pearl stop dead in her tracks as well. She looked up at me making our eyes gaze into one and another. Her eyes glee with a confused expression. I could tell easily that she where not understanding why we stopped. Even though her face where blank her eyes screamed with multiple of emotions and today it where a mix of confusion and exhaustion.

I couldn't let her keep walking if her legs where giving up on her. I myself have noticed that our walk where taking longer than expected and I have been noticing that our walk where having a effect on me as well.
If it where effecting me it would effect her so much more.

I kneeled softly before my pearl and extended my hand towards her laying it softly on the floor with my palm up.
-Hop on, you could need a little rest.

I told her while creating a soft and caring smile on my face. She stood atill,thinking of her conclusion. That she would or would not take a break. She sighes and seemed to be a little hesitant before steeping on the palm of my hand.
-Thank you my diamond, I absolutely do appreciate your concern but you didn't have to do that.

She told me as she where now sitting on my hand. I stood up and looked down at her as I gave out a gentle chukle from my throat.
-Nonsense, you deserve a break and don't think otherwise.

I told her thrutfully and began walking again.
The rest of the walk where in complete silence as I could hear my own steps echo in the hall. But it weren't an uncomfortable silence, it where actually pretty calming.

As we where had finally arrived at our destination, the doors which lead to the center of the west wing of Homeworld where getting closer and closer which each step. But as we were heading closer the big doors I could hear faint screaming getting louder as we got closer.

This alarmed both me and my pearl, making a cold and horror filled shiver run thru my spine as I could hear those painful gurgling screams coming from behind the doors.

I slowly let pearl back to the floor having my eyes directed on the door the whole time.

We looked at each other having a serious expression on our faces, we nodded knowing we had to deal with whatever where cuasing such a destruction. Then our eyes laid back at that door which where the only thing that hindered us from whatever where happening at the other side.

I were completely horrified at the sounds of those dreading screams of pure pain. I could hear multiple slaches of of multiple of weapons crashing each other making a clinging sound. The clinging sound became softer and softer as I could hear some gems stop fighting and soon heard a loud crack sound coming from the fallen gems.

Even though I weren't inside the room I could hear those exact same sounds that were exactly of a war. Knowing that many gems would be in deep trouble if it weren't to be stopped.

I gulped down a pretty good portion of my fears as I placed my hands on the handle. Pearl took our her weapon ready for whatever where behind those heavy doors. I pushed the handle down and opened the doors slowly.

My eyes widened at the sight before me and my mouth opened slightly in pure horror, it couldn't be true. This were supposed to be over. This were not to repeat itself. It has never stooped,

It was never over......

__________________________________
A/N:
Holy smokes readers, what could be happening? How would this turn out. Good or bad? Who knows.

(Well except for me, but forget about that)

Well there isn't much to say, only that I hope you enjoyed reading this book and chapter. And not to forget to smile even in hard times and greet people with kindness. Don't forget to also help people if they are having a bad time or just need effection.

Well yeah that's pretty much it.
Bye bye fellow readers!!