02

revamped! 20/10/2020

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Behind the stage, Tori adjusts the mustache on her nose, waiting somewhat impatient for her time to enter into the scene. Her eyes could only observe as Jade, Andre, and Beck rehearsed their scene, which was somehow going well without the introduction of Tori into the scene. Tori knew the moment she stepped onto the stage, there was no going back, and it only made her anxious even more to the point where she might even forget her own lines.

They had been rehearsing for three hours in the Black Box Theatre, and Tori only wanted nothing but go home so badly even though Sikowitz was in full on serious mode and that the scene is required. But it was hard, as Jade was always there to mock and nearly scream at her after each take, and how many times they had to cut the scene. The both of them had been trying badly to keep themselves from pouncing on each other or literally killing each other.

Tori places her hands to the side, pointing each finger up and counting each second that passed by. Time just felt so slow like a heavy burden on her shoulders, and the pyramid of anxiety only continued to get higher. Even though it was just a rehearsal, she still felt incredibly nervous.

For some reason, the last scene of the play just had to be the hardest, and only became more difficult each time an action sequence was set through, as the role that Tori was given was more... affectionate than she thought it would ever be. Tori didn't know much of what to think of it—not sure whether or not highly dislike the role or like it—and she certainly didn't want to know how Jade thought about it.

And as her cue came closer, the goosebumps shooting up her arms, it's her time now... again... like the past three hours. Tori just wanted to get it over with so that she could go home and forget about it the rest of the night. Clenching her fists together and wiggling her lips to fix the mustache, she adjusts her posture until it was perfectly straight with a filter over her face, dreading the entire scene to go to another hour of hell.

At the corner of her eye, Jade begins to sob quite easily and suspiciously, as it was written in the script. Beck and Andre walk onto the stage and sit down on the leather couch across from her with Andre holding a bright red ball in his hands, eyes gleaming towards the black-haired girl with the fake worry, with Beck mimicking the boy's expression quite equally.

Clearing his throat to begin the scene, Andre asks, "What's wrong, Mom?"

"You seem awful upset." Beck chimes in afterwards, adjusting his position until he was leaning off the couch with his hands together, mirroring the actions of a curious little boy.

Jade lifts her head up and wipes her face, Tori couldn't tell from where she stood whether or not she saw real tears in thr girl's eyes, and it only made her shift uncomfortably in her stance. "Don't you understand? Your father is an astronaut. It's his dream to walk on the moon but now that might never happen because of his narcolepsy."

Back stage, Tori bites her at her lip. She found the play, the characters, the plot, and the general idea quite unusual, but then again, it's Sikowitz' play. His plays are always unusual.

"What's narcolepsy?" Beck asks puzzled, trying to make his voice sound higher.

"It's when you're always falling asleep even when you're not tired." Jade explains calmly to them, wiping another finger below her eye.

"Car door sound effect!" Sikowitz exclaims towards the ginger curly-haired boy named Sinjin Van Cleef. Next to him sat Burf, having similar hair to him but darker, biting into a yellow pepper. Both of them are responsible for handling all of the sound effects for the play and had always been a nerd for electronics. Tori could count all of the times Sinjin had tried to kiss her, including the time when Tori sprayed some type of cleaning product in his mouth and eyes, causing him to temporarily go blind for a short period of time. A strange time, really, Tori can imagine all of the strangest memories that she has had at the school.