17

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. THIS IS MY PRESENT TO YOU. I LOVED MAKING THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH!

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Jade's grip on the steering wheel was powerful, full of force with a mixture of anger, sadness, and desperation. She curses lowly to herself as her car sped through the December, cold night. Tears continue to flow out of her eyes as she struggled to keep her vision clear from the amount of water forming in her eyelids and travelling down her cheeks and  her neck. She couldn't even comprehend what had just happened at her house. Her dad hit her𑁋he hit her so hard that she saw the stars and the darkness and the memories around her.

The memories of the happy little girl she once was.

"FUCK!" Jade cries out loudly in her car, breaking on the side of a dark road that she didn't know and beating her hands on the steering wheel hard, letting the rage and anger out of her body. She buries her head in her arms and continued to release her pain. She wanted to release it all, or to just give up and die with her right then and there. Either way, it would still release the pain, and that's enough to satisfy her demise.

Jade's emotions flutter through the icy air, the coldness slapping her face that was almost as hard enough as the one that came from her father. The air smelt of pure smoke and pain and Jade inhaled it inside of her dearly. The pain in her cheek continued to grow from her dad's punch and she swore that a bruise started to form on her face. A dark, cloudy bruise.

She starts the car again, driving down the creepy road. The numbers on the radio flashed brightly in her dark car and she realised it was way past midnight. At that point she felt nothing. She didn't feel a single thing.

She needs something.

She needs someone.

And so the dim lights guide her.

Jade slams a bit too harshly on the pedal as she drove into a certain neighbourhood and lights danced their way across the windows around her car. At least the cops weren't out in that area to catch her speeding. Jade scrunches her face up as she continued to drive through the beautiful neighbourhood, searching for that one house that was like a signal in the night sky.

A few houses lit up with the colours of red and green, though it Christmas was still a while away (in the story). The colourful lights are enough to light up the world slightly around her and Jade gained only a small fraction of happiness just from the sight.

And when she stops in front of the house, wiping the tears off her face𑁋including some leftover mascara that she didn't bother to fix or even try to look nice with𑁋and she fixes her black coat and places her hands in the pockets warmly as she walked up the driveway and arrived in front of the door. The warmth slowly found itself again in Jade's body as the comfort of her coat felt like a safe haven, a chrysalis of her thoughts.

But it isn't enough for her yet.

Jade inhales a deep breath before exhaling, reluctantly lifting her hand to the door and knocking on the cold wood softly. She was still shaking intensely, traumatised from the events earlier that she just had to escape from𑁋to finally escape from the bearing chambers of her home and within her father's grasp.

After a few long moments of waiting, the door finally opens, revealing a sleepy Tori Vega with her hair tied back in a messy ponytail and faded circles under her eyes. Tori seemed to have a good sense of hearing considering that she heard Jade's knocking, making the girl take a mental note in her head.

"Jade?" Tori murmurs tiredly, yawning throughout her words. "What are you doing... here...? It's way past... midnight... sleep..." The brunette rubs at her eyes and looked as if she was gonna pass out any minute. Her vision was dazed; she probably just woke up from sleeping, Jade thought.