28

My school had just been cancelled for another week because of corona. More chapters to make!

The GIF isn't from Victorious but it reflects Tori's emotions in this chapter. I probably just partially spoiled everything but oh well...... enjoy anyways!

As the time I have editted this (3:33 PM EST), we have accomplished #2 on the jori rank! Thank you all so much for your everlasting support! This gives me a lot of motivation to continue to write for you all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Jade turned into Tori's streets, feeling a bit sadder as she wasn't going to be with her girlfriend for a night, but that's okay. She had been so distant from her father that sometimes she feels like she's living in another universe but with only Tori. How she wish that could happen, but family is also important. And even though she barely has any, the most she could do was to keep her and her rocky relationship with her father together and well.

Jade turned into Tori's driveway, noticing how bright the lights inside her house was. Normally they would be out around this time at night. She thought it was unusual.

"Thank you, Jade." Tori kissed Jade's cheeks and took off her seatbelt.

Jade merely smiled, feeling anticipating goosebumps travelling up her arms.

Tori turned her head to the side as Jade continued to face forwards, gripping the steering wheel unusual tight. Her knuckles were pale. "Hey, are you okay?"

Jade nodded immediately, letting go of the steering wheel and rubbing the tops of her hands. "Yeah, Tori, I'm fine. I'm just nervous about my dad, you know?"

Tori placed a hand on Jade's shoulder and squeezed it comfortingly. "Don't be nervous, babe. Remember when he was here? And he accepted you after everything that happened? There's nothing to worry about."

"But what if he's drinking again?" Jade asked. "What if he's drinking again and I'm not there to stop and help him?" Jade only leaned into Tori's shoulders, exhaling her scent. "Tori, I'm scared. I'm not usually scared like this. It's such an overwhelming sensation."

Tori wrapped her arms around Jade's back. "You will be okay."

"Are you sure?" Jade asked, trying to consider Tori's words.

"Yes," Tori said, rubbing Jade's back to calm the raven-haired girl down. "I promise."

It was still unusual to see Jade being so scared as Tori had always been used to Jade being the dominant one. Jade's vulnerability is such a rare sight to see, even to the gang, as in the past Jade used to show up to the brunette's doorstep crying.

"Okay," Jade pulled back from Tori, with the brunette rubbing her finger below Jade's eyelids to relieve her of her transparent tears. "I love you."