11

revamped! 23/11/2020

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Jade is the first to wake up, eyelids slowly fluttering open to the still complete darkness of the room. She rubs her eyes tiredly𑁋which feel like gigantic weights settled on her face𑁋releasing a tired and quiet yawn as she leans over to the side towards Tori's bedside table to check the time on her pearphone.

The time read 5:30 AM.

Groaning, Jade slips out from under the sheets, carefully moving slowly to not wake up Tori. And once she was fully out of bed, Jade grabs the sheets and spreads it on top of Tori, washing the girl over more with the warmness of the blanket which looked to be slipping down. Jade notices a small smile forming on Tori's face as the girl continued to sleep soundlessly, chest heaving up and down at a regular pace. It occurred to Jade that Tori didn't wake her up at all as she had offered to be woken up just in case she would get nightmares. However, that didn't seem to happen, and Jade didn't know herself whether or not that was a good thing: if Tori didn't want to wake her up, or that she didn't have nightmares. Although, Jade hoped that the brunette had a peaceful and relaxing slumber to which contradictingly to herself, Jade's slumbers are always filled with lucid thoughts.

How can someone be so adorable when they sleep? Jade asks herself in her head, tilting her head to get a better view of Tori, however realising her actions as a frown formed back on her face.

Jade's head quickly fill with things she can't describe physically and mentally. She closes her eyes slowly, hoping her father won't end up murdering her because of this, knowing that she's been gone from her own house. But it somehow depletes, as her father would probably be better off himself with wasting his sanity away with booze.

She hates her dad. He doesn't love anyone else𑁋doesn't know how to express the fact that he needs help despite Jade always trying to tell him that there's something deeply wrong and how his actions can reflect poorly on him, even though it's always been like that ever since she was younger. Every single time she would try to tell him he needed help, he would throw her away like a piece of rubbish. Jade's overall view of her father is to him, she's just a shadow to leave behind𑁋a useless entity.

He doesn't accept her.

Jade's eyes quickly fill with tears to the thought of her father, wiping them off with the sleeve of a sweater that belonged to Tori which was comfortingly soft. She hugs herself self-consciously with the thick sleeves of the sweater, feeling a little bit happier as her eyes released the last bit of tears.

She walks over to the door of the bedroom, opening it slowly and quietly to the best she can, leaving Tori to sleep more before shutting the door closed as she headed across the hallway to the bathroom.

She stops in front of the mirror, her eyes red from her brief breakdown. She runs a hand through her strands before pulling it back behind her shoulders, lips forming a thin line as she could feel the hotness pool back onto her eyelids as if another wave of salty tears would come back to flow down her face once again.

Turning on the faucet, Jade splashes some lukewarm water on her bare face to wake her up from her unprofound thoughts. Tori and her have to attend school today𑁋which she dreads𑁋and the play that the both of them are starring it was being showcased in a span of at least two days. Jade didn't know whether not to be happy or disappointed by it.

She would rather feel happy, but it seemed absolutely impossible to reach. But how could someone achieve full happiness anyways?

Jade steps out of the bathroom, rubbing her eyes again before starting downstairs, sneaking a glance towards the picture that hung on the wall of Tori's 11th birthday. She takes in a long breath of the photo before turning back to head down the stairs, noticing that the entire house was still quiet and dark. The television only showcased a black screen with a bit of Jade's reflection on it, making the girl slightly smile from the events that happened last night with Tori getting scared out of her mind from the movie Jade had put on, and the fact that she... technically held hands with her.