14

revamped! 28/11/2020

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Closing the door to her car, Jade arrives at her home almost soundlessly, smiling faintly to herself from the events that happened at Tori's house earlier. Little did she know that the smile had been on her face for perhaps the whole ride, only fading to a complete thin line the moment she stepped out of the car to the sight of her darkened home. She didn't know what state of mind she was in when she was back at Tori's, but she absolutely enjoyed it, and wanted nothing more than for it to happen again, somehow. And by the looks of it, Tori seemed to enjoy it as well, at least she hoped so𑁋she felt the slight anxiety that she freaked the brunette out. 

However, as it happens with a person like her, she begins to overthink the situation𑁋the panic rising in her mind if what she did was entirely controlled. It clearly wasn't, and she felt scared that if going to Tori's house was the right decision or not. What was her purpose of being there anyways? To dance in Tori's arms? To feel happy for once? Or is it too feel comfort in someone's arms? Or feeling joy? Feeling that the smile on her face was actually real?

She had the opportunity right then and there to let out how she felt, but Tori's aura seemed to trap her there entirely. There was no doubt in her mind that she grew a liking towards Tori, and she wasn't sure whether or not her feelings towards her is entirely because she admired Tori's personality and beauty. No, it's more than that𑁋it's more to which that Tori somehow understands her without trying to fight back. The girl seems to understand her more than Beck, and somehow her comfort really... eased her heart way more than it should. And the more she thinks about their past interactions, she never realised, even in the slightest, the small boost of happiness in her system. 

The only thing she slightly disliked was her rare encounters with Tori's father. However, Jade could tell the man deeply cared for his daughter and Jade only felt even more disappointed in herself for not having a father who treated her the same. Every single tiny thing that Jade did wrong her father would criticise her to the max. And surely that's a reason why she can never come clean to him in the first place. 

Because he changed her.

Letting her thoughts die out, Jade grabs a pair of keys from her back pocket, slowly approaching the front door before inserting the key into the keyhole, briefly looking around her surroundings a bit cautiously before entering in and shutting it quietly behind her. She cringes deeply to even the slightest sound coming from her, clenching her fists tightly to ease her worries. 

The house is found to be entirely quiet and very dark, almost completely pitch black. The only source of light is from the pouring moonlight through the shades of the windows, but it didn't seem to help at all. Jade let out a tiny sigh of relief, sensing and hoping that her father is probably asleep upstairs. She knew that if he wasn't awake then she wouldn't exactly see the end of it. 

And that wouldn't be good.

Jade swears she could have been able to count the individual dust particles floating around her and throughout the house. An unusual smell fills her nose as she walks closer towards the living room, attempting to quiet her steps the more she got close. Her anxiety was through the roof at this point, and the pounding of heart could possible shatter through her own skin. If it was possible to take her heart out to hear the beating, it would possibly [exaggeratingly] deafen her. 

Her eyes scan the room as she could see dozens of empty booze bottles on the floor of the living room, some of them slightly or even half-filled, to which it might been drank later. She was usually the one to clean up after her father's daily dose of alcohol, and her father had never noticed that of course. He never noticed that good deeds she would do around the house, never bothering to compliment her on her work or anything. He just blatantly assumes all the work she would be putting in to something would immediately fail, blaming her in the process and leading to far worse arguments and consequences. Jade bites her lip to the thought, trying to dismiss it out of her head. She hated thinking about that stuff, but what would she do if her father is right?