23

Hey guys! Sorry for slow uploads. School has come back so I am focusing more on that.

Hope you enjoy! Once again, sorry! I'm trying to upload as frequent as I can.

I'm sorry if this chapter is lazily written, haven't been getting inspiration lately as I've been so busy. ):

It's basically a filler chapter of what happened inside of Tori's house, that's why it's so short, apologies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girls stood in the doorway, frozen, unable to move. Jaws down to the floor with Jade protectively in front of Tori, as if shielding her from the monster that was in front of her. A living hell, that's what he was. He made Jade's life a living hell and she'll do anything that she can to make sure that won't happen again.

Even to the person that she loved.

She wasn't afraid of her father anymore. She taught herself to not be afraid of anyone but herself.

But who can never be afraid of the monster who caused the one pain she always had stalking her life forever?

Tori cowered awkwardly behind Jade, her head peaking over her shoulder to see what the commotion was. Even the four police officers stood there and just watched and the behaviour was just unusual.

"You shouldn't be here," Jade muttered quietly, her voice filled with darkness. Her eyes made up of an empty void. "You're not real."

"Jade," the man said. His voice was deep as goosebumps crawled up Tori's skin as she tried to hide herself from him. "I know this is unexpected, but..."

"But what?" Jade snapped. "But what? Huh? You came here just to scold me again? Well do it, these officers are gladly here to take you to jail."

The room filled of silence again, but it seemed even more quieter than before. Tori hated the silence as much as she hated seeing Jade in anger and pain and frustration. Tori felt incredibly weak all of a sudden, knowing there wasn't much she could do instead of getting her face smashed. That would be very interesting sight to see.

It's not the pain, it's who it came from.

"I wish I could hurt you the way you hurt me." The thought multiplied and swarmed around the raven-haired girl. But something inside of her felt like it was pulling her back than forwards towards her father.

Suddenly, someone coughed, and a smaller woman stepped up towards Jade.

"You are Jade West, is that correct?" the woman asked. She was dressed like all the other officers in the room. Her face was serious and Jade had never felt so nervous to stand in front of an officer before.

Jade didn't respond, but instead ignored the woman stepped back a bit and feeling Tori's small body behind her to make sure she was still there. She had the oppurtunity to escape, but that would be a waste considering the police was in the room.

"What are you doing here?" Jade asked, putting her hands to her hips firmly as if trying to intimidate her dad. She always did that when she wanted to appear superior to those around her.

The small police woman stepped up and whispered into Jade's father's ear for a moment, then motioned towards the other officers and making her way towards the doorway. Jade and Tori stepped to the side and the officers all left the house one by one, leaving the girls alone with the raven-haired girl's father.

Jade had suddenly expected for the man to begin his screaming at her. Her chest was heaving up and down nervously as she braced for an attack. Tori continued to stand behind Jade, trying to shield herself away. Jade had her arms merely wrapped protectively around Tori.