09

revamped! 21/11/2020

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The countdown until Tori and Jade's play continued to get slimmer and slimmer; at times, Tori could barely even remember that she was supposed to be starring in play for Sikowitz. Everything around her seemed to have been distracting her from the fact, however, she didn't mind it much at all.

Tori's eyes flutter open slowly, yawning before quickly gazing around the complete utter silence of her home, startled by the fact that she wasn't on her bed like she normally was. She glances down towards the red couch, realising that one of the pillows had been placed near the edge of the couch, and a simple rainbow blanket had fallen over and spread out the carpet below. She runs a hand through her messy chocolate strands, stifling out another yawn.

Had I fallen asleep early last night? Tori thinks tiredly. 

The only thing she can remember was watching a movie with Jade, though having  her memory felt fuzzy and inaudible of what they were watching. It was probably some cheesy romance movie or a comedy movie, and that Tori had felt tired after everyone left from playing cards. She also couldn't remember grabbing a blanket either, making the girl frown in confusion. Who could have wrapped her in a blanket?

Well, it was quite obvious, as the only name that seems to have popped within her mind is Jade.

Tori smiles to the name in her head briefly, flipping herself over so that both of her feet were placed onto the ground. 

On the coffee table, she grabs onto her pearphone and turns it on, eyes adjusting to the sudden white bright light that flashed on the screen, causing her to squint momentarily. She scans the phone for a moment to find a date because she completely forgot what the day was, among other things as well. 

According to her phone, it's Saturday, and the time is 9:35 a.m.

Gasping, Tori realises how close the date was until the debut of Sikowitz' play. She sighs loudly, trying to shake the stress off her shoulders. She turns off her phone and tosses it somewhere onto the couch, leaning her back onto the cushions relaxingly. She felt a mild headache in her head𑁋as if her mind was slowly trying to regain its consciousness by putting back the pieces of her memory back together. 

She glances across the house which still continued eerily quiet, almost too quiet, with the only sounds coming from the rush of the air conditioning unit that was installed throughout the house. And to her gaze, the kitchen seemed to be tidied up and cleaned unusually. All of the pots and pans seemed to be put in the right place, the table was wiped clean and everything looked noticeably freshly new. 

Tori only shrugs helplessly𑁋perhaps a friendly ghost had come to help her. 

She stands herself up, body suddenly shivering from the coldness of the floor before prancing up the stairs slowly with caution𑁋as if anticipating for something to jump onto her. She lands in front of her bedroom door, which was closed shut. She wraps her hands around the knob, twisting it ever so lightly before pacing a couple of steps inside her room without bothering to look around. However, as she does, her mouth suddenly gasps at the body that was laying in her bed. 

It's Jade.

Tori carefully walks up to her bed, attempting to figure out why the girl had decided to sleep in her room. But her mind travels to other places𑁋those feelings coming back to tingle within her skin. It makes her wince, but her eyes scan over the girl, absorbing her comfortable position that she seemed to have found herself in.