chapter two ◖ trouble with the socs

"So.. how are we gonna get these off?" I ask him, he looks at me blankly. "You think I'd know?" I shake my head, "Probably not with that peanut sized brain." I say that like nothing, looking around my surroundings. I turn to Dally, he's staring me down. "What? Did I offend you?" He chuckles lowly, "You really do know how to piss someone off." I smile and nod my head.

"C'mon let's head to the DX." I tell him, we make our way to the DX. Using some shortcuts to make it faster. We finally see Soda and Steve. "Look at those hobos." I hear one of them say, they give us a strange look. I smile awkwardly, "we have a small problem."

"When don't you? You both have trouble written on you." I look at Dally, "Really! Where?" I ask, Soda slaps the back of my head. "Sometimes I wonder if you're related to Two-bit or the Curtis bros." Dally bluntly says, I shrug my shoulders.

"Why are you two in handcuffs anyways?" Steve ask, I sigh loudly and look at Soda. "He hit me so I threw a stick at him." I pout my lips, Soda pulls me to his chest and holds me. I see Dally's shocked expression, I smile devilishly.

"son of a-"

... ... ...

"Bitch! Holy cow, I think my arms bleeding." I curse and look at my now handcuffed free wrist. Yep, they're bruised and bloody. After Dally gets his cuffs off as well we decide to take a walk to the park. We enjoy the silence, we enjoy each other's presence in general.

Now that I think about it, Dally has always been my go to person. Beside Johnny, Dally is one of my best buddies. I never really had female friends, either from the labels sepreating us or the fact we didn't get along. It was always me and the gang, when our parents died it was difficult for us. We didn't even bother getting out of bed sometimes that's how hard it was.

But, pain isn't permanent. That's something my mother always told me and Pony.... Snap snap. "Hey, I was talking to you." I rub my head, "sorry.. I was just thinking." He nods his head, shoving his hands in his pockets. We sit down on top of the play set. He lights a cigarette for me and one for him.

"What were you thinking about?" He asks, I stay still for a moment. "Life." He hums in response, we stare at the sky above us. "Do you ever wonder...how the future will turn for us greasers?" I ask him, he takes a hit from his cigarette. "No, I don't focus on what's gonna happen later. I care more about what's happening now." I nod my head, suddenly a mustang pulls up to us.

"Dal.." He throws his cigarette bud, "I know doll. It's gonna be okay." He takes my hand and rubs circles on my wrist. They exit their cars and come up to us. There's only four of them, Socs that we don't know.

"Listen, we ain't looking for a fight." Dally tells them, they laugh and look at each other. "Listen we just want the lil' broad right there." Dally spits on them, "over my dead body."

"You heard him boys, get her!" We run, holding hands as we run so neither of us get left behind. Their foot steps are heard behind us, "They catchin' up!" Dally turns around and picks up his pace. We take a turn into the woods, hiding behind a bush we see them stop and look in different directions. One points to the left and they start running again.

"We.. we lost em." We sit there for a minute, trying to regain our breaths. "We always find trouble huh?" I ask with a laugh, he grins. "That's damn right, man."

"Let's get going, it's getting late." I tell him, he gets up and grabs my hand to pull me up as well. We walk once again in silence, I personally don't like small talk that much. It makes things awkward in a way.

I unlock the gate and step onto the porch. Looking back at Dally I ask,  "You coming in?" He shakes his head. "I'm going to Buck's, go in now before you catch a cold." He waves his hand to me, "Night Dal, be careful." He rolls his eyes, "Yeah yeah.." I go inside and with the shut of the door Dally makes his way to Buck's.

DALLY'S P.O.V

"Goodnight doll.." I whisper to myself, scared to really say it to her face. I know, I know. A tuff looking guy like me couldn't turn soft for a girl, never. I run a hand through my hair, stressed. I light a cigarette and make my way to Buck's. The blaring music gives me a headache.

I make my way upstairs without anyone talking to me, I shut my door and lock it. The lock ain't holding up to good, I take my shirt off and lay down in bed. Look up at the ceiling, I wonder what (y/n) was thinking about earlier.

My stomach drops.

I sit up, hoping that whatever I'm feeling right now doesn't relate to the gang. I put my shirt back on along with my leather jacket and make my way to the Curtis house. I walk fast, not trying to pick up any fights or waste time.

Something had to of happened. I see the Curtis house just ahead of me, I jog up there. Hoping over the gate I open the door and walk into the house.

"Dally, what are you doing here?" Darry ask me, I look around. "Where's (y/n)?" I ask him, he raises an eyebroe and sets his newspaper down. "She went to bed a while ago with Pony, did something happen?" He ask me, I shake my head. "Nothin'." I make my way to exit the door, but Darry has second thoughts.

"What's going on between you two?" I look at him in shock, laughing a bit I look around the room.

Nervously.

"Nothin', why'd you think that?" He sighs and rubs his head, "She's been awfully close with you, I just felt like it since you're both still young and you're.." I raise an eyebrow, "something else, I just don't want my little sister to get hurt." I roll my eyes, "As if, trust me Superman. I wouldn't dare to do that, she just isn't my type."

"Watch it Dal, I may be your buddy but she's my sister. Don't be running your mouth like a fool about her." I put my arms up, trailing my tongue around my teeth I exit the house. "Night Dal, be careful out there."

I turn back and wave goodbye, shaking my head. "They really are related, man."

.... ..... ....

YOUR P.O.V

I haven't been able to sleep ever since I came home, even after I heard what Dally said about me. Maybe I wasnt his type.. I mean I'm always hanging with the gang I never really go out with other people. Not since what happened last time. Gosh, I hate labels sometimes. I wish I was in the country, like how we used to be with our old folks. The good days when we didnt care about how much money we had. We just cared about having fun, and having enough time in the day to be outside.

Pony boy moves around next to me, wrapping his arm around me as his snores gradually get louder. I ruffle his hair and kiss his head.

I just wish things were different.