chapter sixteen ◖ detective winston

you guys are actually the sweetest, most kindest people ever please don't ever forget that :(
you guys deserve the world and more. 🥺
spread kindness 🦋

"Where is it?" He ask. "At school, so that means.."

"It's someone at school." We say in unison, I can't help the butterflies in my stomach. "Okay, I want you to get the note tomorrow and give it to me when I pick you up." I nod my head and lay on his shoulder, the whole gang relaxes more.

We've gotten plenty of threats before, what makes this one so different? Dally plays with my hair to calm me down, I take a minute before I can start my homework.

I really need to go to get my grades up.

... .... ....

The day goes by quick, I become more observant about who passes by me now. The nerves continue getting worse and worse throughout the day, "fatal" that mean one of us might die. "Hey girly! You look a lil tense there, you okay?" Two-bit sits next to me, my leg bounces up and down. Over and over.

"Hey, chill out. It's gonna be okay." He puts his hand on my thigh, I give him the side eye. He apologizes and let's go, "Dally would probably kill me." He tells me, I calm down a bit. "He would." Two-bit chuckles, the teacher starts doing roll call. I just want to see him.

Ring Ring Ring!

The bell rings widly, I thank the gods. "Finally, I can go home!" Two-bit slings his arm around me, I go to my locker to grab the note and get my backpack. "You goin' with Dally today?" I nod my head and enter the combination.

"Yep, we're goin' back to his place!" Two-bit makes kissing faces and I roll my eyes playfully.

A note falls from my locker.

"Are you serious." I pick up the note, scared to see what unfolds. Two-bit gives me a look of worry, now that he's taken this situation more seriously. "What does it say?" I read the note carefully.

"27"

That's all? "What does that mean?" He questions, I shake my head and shove it in my backpack. "Dally's probably waiting." I tell him, zipping up my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder. "Pony left with Johnny." Two-bit tells me, I continue walking out the door and see Dally smoking in his car. He waves once he sees me, his glasses barely staying on. Some girls look at him like he's eye candy.

They aren't wrong.

"Hey babydoll." He kisses my cheek and starts the engine. We leave school grounds and head over to Bucks, the music isn't loud today so that's good. "How was school?" He ask me, looking at me up and down. "It was okay, I got another note though." He bites his lips, gripping the steering wheel with one hand and his other on my thigh. "What'd it say?"

"27." I tell him, he thinks for a second. "Just that, man?" He ask, I nod my head and get the note out. We stop, we're in the parking lot for Bucks. "I have all the notes.." I mumble, I can tell he's stressed. "Good." He gots out of car and opens my door for me, I thank him and we enter the building. "Damn, who's she!" One of the guys hollar, drunk. "Knock that grin off your face, or I'll make sure you never talk again." Dally threatens, his eyes are dark. He pulls me back defensively, the guy stands up. He's tall, I think. "Oh yeah, you would mind if I jus-" He was about to grab my bag but Dally punches him straight in the mouth, a few teeth scatter around the ground.

We hurry upstairs.

I toss my backpack on the ground and hold the notes in my hand, I lay on his bed. He crawls next to me and lays on top of me, he head in the crook of my neck. He begins sucking gently, I play with his hair gently. "Gosh, you're beautiful." He whispers, I blush lightly and rub his back. "C'mon let's start our detective work." He gets up and kisses my lips, he's been awfully soft these days.

"But baby I'm a cold criminal." He smirks between the kiss, I push him off and he gets up to grab something.  "Not today detective winston!" I smack his ass, hard. He bends his back and holds his ass, I can't help but fall from laughter. "Oh you're gonna get it now!" He smiles, gosh his smile can kill me, bring me back to life and kill me again.

"No!" I stand up on the bed, he grabs my waist and hoist me over his shoulders. I kick my legs, our laughter fills the room. "S-stop!" He ignore me and slaps my ass, twice! It didn't hurt because it was light but it was all palm.

He lifts me up and throws me on the bed, I roll around the blanket and turn into a burrito. He gets on top of me, we're face to face. "Sir, this is a dairy queens drive thru." He chuckles, "Can I order my fine ass girlfriend?" He attacks my face in kisses, I smile non stop the euphoric feeling drives me.

After 20 minutes of messing around and laughing we seem to calm down. "Alright, let's get to business." I crack my fingers, he opens the first letter and reads it. He licks his lips nervously, standing up and pacing the room. "Alright, so we know who ever this person is goes to your school." I nod my head and open my notebook.

Carefully writing everything down.

"And... Their plan didn't succeed." I write that one down slowly, my eyes widen. "What if the person brunt Johnny's house down!" I tell him, he claps his hands and curses. "Bastards." He's right, who could do this to someone?

"This person isn't happy were together either." I say, he sits back down. "Yeah, which could be anyone." I nod my head and laugh a little, crazy people and jealousy don't mix to well. "Hmm.. I just don't like how it says fatal." I whisper, laying my head on his shoulder. His breathing becomes more relaxed, he hums in response. "Whoever this kid is knows us, it could be anyone.." His once opened palm hand becomes a pale fist, he just wants to protect us.

"They have to know us well, or how would they have Johnny's address." I snap my finger and bite my lip, who could this be. "Soc or greaser?" I ask him, he thinks for a minute. "I don't think the labels matter in this situation," I never thought Dally was one with labels,

"this person just purely hates us."