chapter thirty-six ◖ youthful love

last mf chapter ;-;
i will be posting some bonus chapters if you guys want to read them you can :)

NARRATOR P.O.V

It's been a week since her passing and as Dally laid down that night he felt numb, as if he was missing the other half of his heart- of his world. He tried so hard to sleep that night, but just couldn't. He was so nervous to fall asleep and never wake up again. Was it all worth it? If he didn't wake up he would see her again.. but he couldn't bring himself to sleeping that night.

So, he read all of the letters his wonderful wife wrote to him over the years. He smiled at the wholesome messages, but as the time passed he came to the last letter. One that hasn't been opened yet, with big letters saying "OPEN WHEN FEELING BROKEN".

He felt pretty broken today, so he twiddled with the flimsy envelope wondering if he should actually open it. He took a deep breath,

Until he finally opened it.

5/12/66

Dear Dallas Winston,

I'm writing this letter to tell you how much I love you. I know it's crazy, how could a teenager explain love so easily. Well, me being the smartest one in the room- were the only ones in the room by the way- I don't know how to explain this feeling. It's just, whenever I talk or even look at you it's like time stops. My only focus is you and these butterflies in my stomach appear than I begin to stutter and it's all a hot mess.

I personally feel attacked whenever you do that but it's okay because I love you.. a lot.

To the point where I wanna spend my entire life with you, I wanna walk down the aisle and see your face. I wanna take our first child to school. I wanna have a huge family of our own. I wanna see us grow old together and continue to tell how tuff we were back than to our grandchildren. I want our kids to look at us as superheros, I want to love you forever.

And, I know how you feel about relationships. You do get scared of them, I can understand that. Hell, you've seen what I had to go through and I hope we both treat each other so much better than how the past did. I genuinely think that we can work this out. I think you're the one for me, and I hope you feel the same.

I could never be happier to share my days with you, Dal. You're my trouble maker. You're my strong, rebellious, crazy hot boyfriend. And whenever you're feeling broken about just remember I'll always be there for you. Even if I'm not there in person as you're reading this, just remember that I'll always be in your dreams.

From one Dreamer to another.

P. S I love you so much.

Dally breaks down once again, his brown eyes water up and threaten to spill. He lays back down on his bed, his hand holding the tiny picture of you on his chest. His cries fill the room, he closes his eyes and wishes to see you again. No matter what it took, he wanted to see you. He wanted to say his final goodbye until he meets you again.

So, he feel asleep. He feel into a deep sleep, and with every deep sleep comes a dream. That dream had you in it, the dream was more of a memory to say the least. But, he wasn't complaining.

Until his alarm woke him up, his eyes opened widely as he shot out of bed. He quickly looked over to his side to see you but just saw a pillow and neatly folded blankets. He sighed, so much for getting his hoped up.

As he got out of bed to make some breakfast he was interrupted by a knock at the door. He opened the door and saw his son and daughter his their own children. His grandchildren. He smiled sadly at the sight, Ruby hugged her father as tears rolled down her face. Pepsi couldn't help but cry, the children at the door frown when they know grandma isn't coming back.

"Pappap.. are you okay?" Sofie- Ruby's daughter- ask her grandfather. He pats her head and gestures the family to come in. He shuts the door behind them and takes a deep breath in, Ruby and Pepsi have a conversation in the kitchen leaving Dally with his two grandchildren.

Sofie and Lucas.

"I'm okay honey, just a lil tired." He tells the two, they smile softly at him and sit by him on the couch. He's not surprised by it, they usually do that with (Y/n) when they want a story. "C-can you tell us a story like Grandma did?" Lucas ask shyly, Dally bites the inside of his cheek. Scared that he might make a fool of himself, but he simply responded with a "Of course."

So, like any good grandfather he told a story about how a rebellious poor boy feel in love with the kings daughter. He told them how they first feel in love as kids and that love grew more passionate as the years passed. When he finished the story he sat there in silence, worried that the kids didn't like it.

But little Sofie was fascinated by the story, to the point where she wished that'd happen to her. While Sofie was day dreaming of that, Lucas was wondering.

"How did they fall in love at such a young age without noticing..?" Dally felt a lump in his throat begin to form, confused on why this question got him so stuck he tried to answer the question professionally.

"Well.. an old friend of mine called it, a stupid name in my stand view, but he called it Youthful love. He said it's when young people genuinely fall in love with each other... something that is rare these days." He remembers when Johnny first told him about that strange phrase. Since than, it kind of stuck to him.

"Pappap, when did you fall in love with Grandma?" Sofie ask, her voice filled with excitement. It's not anyday that Dally talks about his love life, hell if he ever has. He smirks to himself.

"At the ripe age of 17, a wild one she was. She was tough, she knew everything about everyone expect me. Which- I think- made her fall in love with me. There wasn't a dull moment with her, she knew how to make a man happy." They all smiled, Sofie would be lying if she said she didn't look up to her grandma. Her grandma was beautiful and smart, just like her daughter and granddaughter.

"Wait.. s-so that means you two had youthful love.. right?" Lucas questions his own statement, Sofie butts in with a small- "Yeah, you two totally did!" All Dally could do was smile and look at the picture on the wall of a polaroid Two-bit took of (Y/n) and Dally when they were younger.

"I guess you could call it that.." He paused and looked at his wedding ring.

"youthful love.. that doesn't sound so bad after all, huh?"

 that doesn't sound so bad after all, huh?"

the end ♡