chapter four ◖ snapped

After Dally left those words stuck to my mind, maybe he was just saying that because I've been in a bad mood. I don't know, but I hate this. I hate catching feelings for a guy I can't have, hell Darry wouldn't be too happy if he found out his little sister is dating someone like Dally.

I make my way back to the seats, I see Two-bit over by one of the girls and Johnny. "Hey Two-bit!" He looks at me and smiles, grabbing my neck and ruffleing my hair. "How ya doin' girly!" I laugh at his enthusiasm, he's always been the one to crack a joke and make the gang smile. "I'm alright, just stuff on my mind." He nods his head understanding what I'm going through. Two-bit and I have always had that connection since we were kids.

"Oh my, this is the sister you must be talking about." I hear a girl say, I turn to look at her. The red hair immediately gave her away, if it isn't Sherri Valance- or Cherry. "Cherry?" I ask her, she smiles and nods her head. "You're part of the Curtis family right?" She ask me, I nod my head and sit next to Ponyboy ruffleing his hair and laying my head on his shoulder. "The one and only." I tell her, she smiles at me.

"Wheres ol' Dally?" Two-bit ask, I turn to look at him and sigh."You just missed him," He nods his head and takes a sip from his booze.

"Yeah, have you guys seen ol' Dallas?" Tim Shepard ask, I turn around and look at him he gives me a dark glare. "Nope, haven't seen him." I look at Pony, "Yeah, have you guys seen him?" Everyone shakes their head and says no. I look at Tim once again, "I know he's the one who slashed my tires." With that he walks away, "Dally got a blade?" Two-bit ask, I shake my head and zone out.

.... ..... .....

We leave the drive-in and walk near the fence, just talking like usual. I stop once Pony stops against the fench talking about Darry. "Pony you know damn well he cares about you." He glares at me, "Shut it (Y/n), you know too well that he likes you more. Hell, he let's you mess around with some boy greasers all the time," He takes a deep breath, I'm shocked at how he snapped. "Who knows, you might be sleeping with them!" Two-bit hits the back of his head, I stay quiet.

"Leave it Two-bit, he said what he said." I tell him quietly, I just wanted this day to end. "Look who we have here." A group of socs come out of their car, talking a whole bunch. They said something that made Two-bit somewhat pissed. He smashes his drink and opens his switch blade.

"Pity the backseat!" He yells, I smile at him; I can't take him seriously with his Mickey Mouse shirt. Cherry pushes one of the socs back, "Stop it! I hate fighting, I hate fights." I put my hands in my pocket and start walking away, minding my own business. I hummed a song while walking, taking out a cigarette and puttinf it between my lips I take my lighter out and light it. A strong gust of wind blows through my hair, it feels good to stand in the open.

"You're gonna get sick Doll." Dally comes up behind me, wrapping his arms agasint my waist and starts rocking me side to side. "Whatcha doing out here Dal?" I ask him, he just hums and puts light kisses on my neck. I smile, this is so peaceful. "Hey Dal." I say, he doesn't answer. His touch disappears and the warmth is gone.

I wake up.

It was a dream, it had to be. I'm on a bed. The room is small and has a messed up door knob. Posters are on the wall, I notice my jacket hanging up. I sit up, my head aches.I'm wearing a tank top now that's way too big. "God dammit!" I hear a raspy voice say. "Dal?" My voice comes out as a whisper, he turns to me and checks my head. "Is your head okay Doll?" He ask me, I winch in pain once he touches my eyebrow.

"That's one nasty cut." He tells me, I sit all the way up now and he gives me a small smile. "Darn, don't you look cute in my shirt." He tell me, my face heats up and I pull a strand of hair back behind my ear. "Let's clean you up." He stands up fully, I try to stand up but my legs are telling me otherwise. "You alright?" He ask, his voice filled with worry.

"I-im great." I tell him, he grabs my legs and hold my back up. He's carrying me bridal style, "Damn you're heavy!" He does a fake groan, I roll my eyes. "Shut it, Dallas Winston." He does a small chuckle and takes you to the bathroom. "I'm just messin with you hon."

After hes done cleaning me up, he sets me back down. "Wait! What time is it?" Dally takes a minute to think, "Around 1:30." My eyes go wide, I quickly stand up and grab my jacket. "Dally, drop me off at home please. Darry might kill me!" I tell him, he grabs his jacket and we go downstairs outside.

"Buck I'm gonna borrrow your car!" He tells Buck, Buck throws his car keys at him and he catches them. We both get in the car and sooner or later we speed off.

Once we get near the house I see Ponyboy outside waiting, "Pony!" I whisper yell his name, he looks at me and takes a breath of relief. "(Y/n), you scared me half to death. Whatcha doing out here?" He ask me, I point at Dally and he waves at pony.

"Wait, why are you out here?" I ask him, the overprotective sister mode on right now. He puts his hand on his neck, "I was in the lot with Johnny, we fell asleep." I nod my head, Dally gets out of the car. "So, you two gonna stand here?" He ask, I make my way to the steps next to Ponyboy holding his hand I open the door and there sits Dally with his newspaper.

"Where the hell have you two been!" He ask, anger in his voice. I back up some, Darry never raised his voice to a lady, especially if it was his little sister. "Well, it's two o'clock in the morning, kiddos!" I bite my lip, a nervous habit I picked up a lot during school. Ponyboy walks off, I just stand there still. "Don't you walk away from me." Darry says and follows Pony, "I was with Johnny! And we fell asleep in the lot, I didn't mean too."

Pony tries to close the door but Darry stops it and pushes it back, "Yeah, well I can't even call the cops because you two would be thrown into a boys home so fast it would make your head spin." I need to say something, I move two steps closer to them. "Look Darry he said he didn't mean to." I say quietly, Darry turns to look at me. "Thats all I ever hear from you two! Hell, you haven't even told me where you were!" I close my eyes, tears building up.

I never liked being yelled at.

"I- I was just with Dall-"

"Of course you were! You're always with him, guess what (Y/n) he won't like you! Hes just trying to play with you!" Darry's words hurt, they hurt real bad. It felt like a ton of knifes being stabbed through my heart. Tears are now rushing down my face. "Come on Darry-" Sodapop tries to calm the situation down, Darry points to his chest "I'm tired of you always sticking up for them!"

"Hey don't yell at him!" Ponyboy yells, next thing I know Ponyboy gets pushed real far and looks like it hurt. We both look at each other and book it out the house. "Dally!" I yell for him, he throws his cigarette away and opens the car door for me. "What's wrong Doll?" He ask, he starts to wipe some tears away. "I need to leave-"

"Was that pony?" He ask, looking behind us there Pony is running down the street to the lot. "Let's follow him so he doesn't do anything stupid." Dally says, he turns on the car and once we speed off we see Darry and Sodapop on the porch. "(Y/n)!" Dally sticks his middle finger out the window and laughs.

"Gosh you're such a trouble maker." I tell him, he lights a cigarette and sticks it between his soft looking lips.

"just like you babygirl."