chapter nine ◖ late night talks

remember not to be a ghost reader! comment, vote and maybe share! much love bbs <33

ONE MONTH LATER !!

Dally and I have been getting real close lately, it's nice. I still have feelings for him, and hiding them ain't helpin'. I lay next to Soda on the couch, resting my head on his chest. "Soda.. you still up?" I ask him in a quiet voice, he had a rough day at work so I don't wanna bother him too much. "Hmm.." He hums, his eyes closed and lips parted. He's gonna fall asleep soon, I kiss his head and get up slowly. "Night Soda.." I whisper, he's already out. I put a soft blanket on him as he snuggles up against it.

I go up the steps and climb into bed with Ponyboy. "(Y/n)?" He calls out, I pull the blanket over me and him. "What is it kid?" I ask, he snuggles against me his head resting on my shoulder. "Do you ever look at the sky?" I laugh a little at his question, "I see it everyday." I tell him bluntly. "No, like do you ever really take a look at it; the colors I mean." I close my eyes, taking in a nice deep breath. "Sometimes, why?" I don't get a response from him, light snores are heard from his mouth. Now it's my turn to let sleep take over me.

..... .. .... 

"Wake up hon, I have some things planned for us." Dally pulls the blanket off of me, the cold air bites my skin as I try and grab the blanket back from him; with my eyes closed. "Dallyyy, please give it back." I whine, I don't notice the obvious smile on his face because my eyes we're closed. He puts the blanket back on me and I hide myself under it. "C'mon, you can't sleep all day." He urges me, moving over to sit down at the desk.

"Yes I can." He stands up again and pulls the blanket just below my neck. My eyes meet his, I never really noticed how his eyes are such a nice brown. "Do you want a free milkshake?" I nod my head, he ruffles my hair. "I knew that'd get ya awake, get dressed I'll be downstairs." And with that I get dressed into some normal clothes. I make my way downstairs and see Steve eating some cake. "Have you seen Soda?" I ask him, Steve points to the bathroom and I nod my head.

I enter the dining room to grab some cake,"There's the pretty lady I've been waiting for." Dally comes up from behind and whispers in my ear, "What's up with you always creepin' up on me?" He puts his chin on my shoulder and arms around me, locking me up. "What's wrong with that?" He ask, I shake my head and grab a price of cake. Shoving some in my mouth and the rest in Dally's. "Gah! Are you t-tryna kill me?" He eats with his mouth open, slappin' his lips to annoy me. "You better stop eatin' like that or I'll leave another bruise on you." He let's go of me and raises his head off my shoulder. "I'm not scared of you." He turns me around to look at him, I give him one stern look and he returns it.

"You should be." I tell him in a threatening tone, he rolls his eyes and chuckles lowly. "You can do anything, shorty." Of course, there he goes again bashing me about my height. "Oh shut it you ogre." He shoves one hand in his pocket and slings the over around my shoulder, "Alrighty let's get today started." We both walk outside of the house, I've noticed how strange Dally walks. Almost as if he's tryna prove a point, I mock him the whole way we walk to the Dingo.

When he opens the door and we take a seat he glares at me, "We're you mocking me?" I give a shocked face and look at the menu. "Oh, I'd never mock the one and only Dallas Winston. Gosh, I'd be wishin' for death if that'd happen." He rolls his eyes and licks his lips. I can't help but stare, they're so pink and soft gosh i-

"Hey lil shit, what type of milkshake you want?" He snaps at me, I look at him and shrug. "I'm fine with anything." He tells the waitress who was clearly checking him out one vanilla milkshake. "One?" I ask innocently, he raises an eyebrow. "We're sharing." I make an 'o' shape with my mouth and nod my head.

"Why'd you take me out today?" I ask him, he digs in his pocket some change and sticks part of his tongue out struggling to find something. "I just felt like it, you're a good kid." He tells me, if doesn't sound right coming from his mouth. I look at him suspiciously and wait for my - our - vanilla milkshake.

"Here's your order, if you need anything handsome just holler." I try to hold in a laugh at the fact he just got hit on, well it isn't the first. Dally looks at me and digs the straw into the milkshake, I do the same and start drinking from it. This is so awkward oh my god.

We drink the creamy milkshake, some bubbles pop up and we both give ach other confused looks.

"Did you just burp?" He ask, I look at him strangely. Shaking my head no he starts blowing from his straw into the milkshake, part of the cream splatters in my face. "I'm gonna kill you!" I wipe my face and stare him dead in the eye, he quickly gets up and runs out the Dingo with me not far behind.

I quickly catch up to him and tackle him to the ground, we roll on our sides and look at each other. Everything else just disappears, like it's only me and him under the gold like sun. He leans in and so do I, were so close right now my nose is touching his and our breathing is tickling our skin. We stay like this for a moment, before he turns away and gets up. I frown and get up myself, walking near Dally.

"It's getting dark.." He whispers, his voice calm and raspy. "Yeah, the stars are gonna be out soon." I tell him excitedly, he lights a cigarette and sucks in the nicotine. "What's so nice about the stars?" I follow him to the bridge above the train tracks, looking up at the sky when walking. Not the brightest idea but hey, gotta live a little.

"The stars have always been here. Yeah, we live in somewhat of a shit show but that's life. Some of us are wishin' to be with the stars and others are glued to Earth. I'm dreamin' for something Dal, I'm dreamin' big." I tell him, he pulls me closer to him once I near the edge of the bridge. He blows out smoke, and throws his bud away.

"I ain't got nothing to dream for." He stops and looks up, I see a glint of hope in his eyes. But it soon disappears once he sits down on the edge. We're quiet for a while. I wonder what he's thinkin' about during this moment of silence; probably nothing legal.

I decide to speak.

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I ask the glum teen beside me, he lights another cigarette. "Dead." I slap him, he grins and blows out smoke. "What about you doll?" I smiles and dangle my feet off the bridge above the train tracks. "With you." He rolls his eyes, "In your dreams hon." I smirks and lay my head on his shoulder,

"𝙄'𝙢 𝙖 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙧,"