chapter twentysix◖ pinky promise

you guys off for 3 weeks too?
anyways please stay safe out there, it's a crazy world we live in!
wash yo hands bbs 🧼
^ update that did not age well, LMAO BYE-

"No man.. it gotta mean something else I mean c'mon-"

"It makes perfect sense, in ten days the rumble will start and the one note said the next time it will be fatal. First Johnny's house caught in fire so that was the beginning, the rumble is the what they mean by next time. There is-" It's as if we're taking turns interrupting each other.

"They said fair fight and that was a deal." I shake my head and raise any eye brow at him, "You really think if someone wanted to kill someone that bad they would risk it all, wouldn't you?" His expression is difficult to read, he must be processing my words for once. "Than why all the hints? They're basically givin' themselves away."

He's right. Why did that person leave all these hints? We were bound to find out sooner or later so why make it so obvious.. unless.

"Maybe whoever it is wants us to know it's them, like what if they're closer than you think." Dally bites his lip and looks around to see if anyone is by us, maybe he took it to literal. "Let's go home, we'll talk there." I nod my head and we begin walking quickly to the house. Sometimes even looking around to see if anyone is following us, we try not to seem as paranoid.

"C'mon get inside, we need to talk." Darry points at both Dally and I I'm a scolding matter. Dally and I enter the house and everyone is there, the air is thick and unsettling. Two-bit isn't cracking any jokes so we know this is serious. "What's going on?" I asked and sat down next to Sodapop, Darry sits on the chair across from us and clears his throat. "We got a phone call from the school today-"

"Thank god! I don't know who wrote that on my loc-"

"I'm disappointed in you (Y/n), getting yourself caught up in fights! Are you crazy?" I give him a wide-eyed look than take a minute to remember that I grabbed a kid in a choke hold. "Darry it's not-" He slams the newspapers on the ground a loud slapping noise fills the room, I see Johnny jump in fear.

"All I ever hear from you is that, lies upon lies! You never listen, never! Gettin' into fights unbelievable, you're not going in the rumble because of this. Hell, we don't need a girl fighting next to us." I roll my eyes, my body shakes in anger. Dally holds my hand and tries to calm me down, but I believe Darry is doing this over a fight. "And you," Darry now points to Dally; in which Dally gives him a nasty look. "I never even liked the fact that you're dating my kid sister, maybe you're the reason for this behavior."

Dally rolls his eyes, I mean part of Darry is right about my behavior and how it changed but it's not all bad. Dally just taught me how to defend myself and act tough, he shouldn't be blamed for this. "Hey, I don't think you know who you're talkin' to." Dally stands up, ready to attack. I pull his hand back as he looks at me, I give him pleading eyes. He sits back down and cross his arm, huffing. I look around to see Ponyboy staring at Dally, Johnny looking at his hands, Steve and Soda both awkwardly looking around and Two-bit holding his hands to his mouth looking down.

"(Y/n)..." Soda starts, I look him in the eyes. His look shows me guilt and pressure, I nod my head slowly to him. He takes a deep breath, "I think.. well we think-"

"you and Dally should break up."

I felt my heart shatter, my mouth is opened but no words are coming out. Dally looks down in frustration and... sadness for once. "No." He speaks, holding his fist up, I can see his arm ever so shake. "It's not for you guys to decide, it's our decision." Soda and Steve both look down now, Ponyboy seems like he wants to speak but is quickly shut down when Darry voice is heard, "It'd be better for the gang."