chapter twentynine ◖ rising hell

early update cause y'all are lovely people 🥴

He nods his head and looks at Two-bit and Ponyboy, "We'll be back." Two-bit gives Randy a protective look, "Don't try anything." I follow Randy to his car as he opens the door for me, I sit down and look around. "What is it that you needed to talk to me about." I bite my lip and look at Two-bit and Ponyboy but back to Randy. "It's about the rumble."

"Listen we already said only skin, what else do you greaser wa-"

"I need you to check everyone who's coming to the rumble. I have been receiving death threats from someone anonymous and it said in ten days someone Im close to is gonna die."

"People die everyday in these things, one less for-"

I grab his collar and pull him close to me, "Listen Randy this might be the same dude who killed your buddy Bob so I'd advise you to take this more seriously. I can't lose another family member." Randy stays quiet and yanks himself away from me.

He pinches the bridge of his nose, "Bob didn't deserve that.. he was a good kid. So why should I care if some hood dies, everyone dies sooner or later." I can see the years that well up in his eyes, I know his pain but I need him to agree with me. "You wanna know why you should care?" He looks at me, "Why?"

I look out from the windshield in front of me, a small smile on my face. "Because I feel in love with a cold hearted hood, his names Dally. Of course you would know him, hell I bet this whole state knows him. But I warmed up to him and damn I might as well say I'm in love with him. What would you do if someone killed the love of your life Randy?" He gives me a look of shock, I shake my head and laugh.

"Would you want to try and find who did it and kill them even? Or would you just sulk and get over it?" He doesn't answer me, I nod my head. "That's what I thought." I unlock the car door and begin to get out but his hand stops me, "I would want to find whoever did it." I smile and look at him sadly, "Me too."

I get out fully and shut the door, "Hey grease- I mean (Y/n)," I turn around and look at him. "I'll check them, I'll make sure to check every single one of them." I smile and nod my head, "Thank you Randy." He sends a small smile but quickly returns to his normal ape face. He whistles for the rest of his friends to come over to him, Two-bit and Ponyboy laugh at their pants.

"So, what happened?" Two-bit ask me, I smile and bite my lip. "He's gonna check every single soc at the rumble.. we might find who's doing all of this." Two-bit pulls me into a hug and soon Ponyboy joins us. I can't help but tear up at this moment, we really might be able to find whoever's doing this.

.........

"That was a good movie, damn we should've made Johnny come with us." I tell em, the bright light from the outside makes us rub our eyes. "He sure would've liked it." Two-bit says, I nod my head and look across the street. Is that Blaze? Ponyboy almost runs into me but he stops once he see's my feet. "C'mon (Y/n), we don't got all day." I hand Ponyboy my cup and Pat his shoulder, "I'll catch up with y'all later.. I need to talk to someone."

I run across the street, Two-bit and Ponyboy just awkwardly stand there but than gets on with their day. "Yo Blaze!" I try and yell for his attention but he doesn't listen, I run after him. I touch his shoulder and he quickly turns around and grabs my collar, "What the hell dude?" His once cold look is replaced with guilt, "Shoot.. I'm sorry (Y/n). I didn't know who you were for a second." I grab his hand so he can let go on my collar, "Okay.." I mumble.

He's acting really strange, he never comes over to the house, he barely even talks to me at school. Maybe Dally scared him too much, you know how he can be. "Are you okay?" I ask him, he puts his hand in his pocket. He might be stressed from all the stuff with his mom, maybe even with the letters I've been getting. "Yeah, I'm great. Just been feelin' a lil uneasy that's all." I bite my lip, "Why?"

He looks me in the eye, "Someones tryin' to kill me." My eyes widen, I pull him into a small alleyway. "Who? How do you know this?" He looks around but finally pulls a letter out of his back pocket. I read the letter to myself,

"You're gonna be just like your old man, dead cold."

I look up at Blaze, he bites his nail and nods his head with fearful eyes. "I don't know who this is... or what they want from me.. I'm so scared." He jumps in for a hug, I simply just rub his back and listen to him cry softly. "Maybe it's the same person who's trying to kill one of us at the rumble. Maybe you shouldn't go-"

"No! I have to go.." He jumps up, I give him a questionable look. "I promised you guys I would go, that I would protect you." His hand reaches his back pocket, I get up. "I don't need anyone to protect me." I dust off the dirt on my pants, turning to face the entry of the alleyway. "Dally would say otherwise." I stop in my tracks, lifting up my sleeves. "Wanna repeat that?"

"You heard me (Y/n)." I turn around, he stands there with an ear reaching smile. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I shake my head and walk up to him, grabbing him by his collar. His smirk is like a cat, mischievous. "Why does he take everything away from me.." I pin him to the wall, feeling impatient from his weird responses.

"Who?"

His eyes look empty, as if he really is a dead man walking. "Dallas Winston.. that good for nothing hood!" I let go of his collar and punch the wall besides him, a small hole is left once my hand moves. "You don't know anything about him." Blaze is quick on his feet, so he is now behind me but I can be quicker. "Oh, but I do.." He turns me around so I can look at him, his finger trails my neck.

"You see here (Y/n).. He isn't the guy you can trust easily. Didn't you mother teach you about that, to never put your time in the hands of the ungrateful. Or else you might find yourself.." His hand move to his neck this time, he does the gesture of someone sliting another's throat.

"dead."

He blinks wildly, as if his inner self is trying to escape. "You need help man." I point to his chest and begun walking away quickly, his psychotic laughs sends shivers down my spine. "Wanna know why I was named Blaze?" I don't bother to turn around but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to know.

"Why?" I ask aloud, looking at the broken mirror on the ground that perfectly aims at Blaze. I see him clearly.

he raises his hand and points a finger gun at me.

"bang! and just like that, dead! you can say im a rising hell."