chapter six ◖ visiting the devil

100 reads omg omg, thank you guys so much! stay gold~ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

I wake up early in the morning, so that means I have to do the cooking. I set out some eggs and start making what I can. I'm not the greatest cook ever but I can make something mean alright. After I'm done with that I set out some plates and a note telling Darry, Soda, and Pony that I'll be visiting Dally.

I make my way to the hospital, it only took 5 minutes from the bus. Entering through the doors I see people at the front desk. "Ello' can I see Dallas Winston?" I ask the secretary, she rolls her eyes. "The devil himself, he wasn't the nicest." I laugh at that, the devil- that's a new one. "Yeah you can see him." She gives me the directions to his room. I enter the room and see him talking to a nurse.

"What happened to your gown?" She ask him, I laugh at the fact he doesn't have a gown on. "I threw it away." He tells the nurse, angerly. She starts to walk away, "I'm gonna be so happy when your outta here." He rolls his eyes and points to the door,

"Get out. Just get out, you're making my stomach sick." I walk in and try not to laugh, he laughs very weirdly and that's when I break. "Okay you whale." He flicks me off and I return the favor. "How ya feelin?" I ask him, pulling a chair next to his bed. "Can you shut the door?" He ask me, kindly. I nod my head and get up to shut the door, that's when I hear him wolf whistle. I turn around and glare at him, "Sorry doll, I'm just enjoyin' the view." He puts his arms up and- tries -to flex his muscles. "Such a dork." He smiles widely, it's weird to see him smile.

"Did the nurse give you medicine, what's up Dal? You're acting strange." I tell him, he crosses his eyes. I laugh at him, his soft eyes look into mine. "Gosh you're beautiful." I blush at his comment, usually he calls me ugly and other different names but I like this side of him.

"C'mere." He grabs my waist and pulls me next to him, holding me tightly. I lay on my side and so does he. "Your shoulder any better?" I ask him, he nods his head. "That's good." I play with his hair, making small braids here and here or just twisting others. He hums in satisfaction, his eyes closing and dozing off. Before I know it he's asleep. Gosh he looks so handsome.

I take a minute to look at his face, and really study his features. His strong eye brows really add to the tuff look, but nothing can beat those dreamy doe eyes and soft creamy lips. He sure can steal any girls heart. He starts to move around, my hands are on his chest as his body heat radiates...

He's getting to close to me.

His bare legs are on top of mine, I forgot he threw his gown away. I'm doomed. "Dal.. wake up." I whisper, blowing into his ear to try and wake him up. "Damn fly.. " he mumbles and waves his hand by his ear, I couldn't help but giggle. "Dallas Winston I can't believe it!" I yell in his ear, he joins up and looks at me. "What the hell, man!" I chuckle, he furrows his eye brows. "Awh, did I anger the ogre?" He pulls me into a headlock, rubbing his fist on my head. "Stop I'm gonna go bald!" I yell, I start kicking around and accidentally kick him somewhere. He groans loudly and holds his stick.

"Yo Dally, you okay?" I hear Two-bit ask, I look at Dally and he looks at me. He tries talking with his eyes but I don't understand. Now he's pointing underneath the bed, I shake my head. "Get!" He whisper yells, I scrunch my nose in disgust as I see how dusty it is down here.

The door creaks open and Two-bit and Ponyboy enter the room, they see the position Dallas is in and Two-bit can't help but crack a joke. "Woah, Dally you can continue once we leave just keep it caged in." Dally fakes laugh, "Very funny dumbass, what you two want?" Ponyboys shoes shuffle under neath, he takes a seat. "Where's your gown?" He ask, Dally moves around in the bed- probably putting the thin sheet on himself again. "I threw it out." Two-bit chuckles, it went oddly silent.

"So.. You and (Y/n)? Ya two a thing or no?" Two-bit ask, Ponyboy moves his shoes around. "Her? I don't know, she's a confused little kid." Dally says, he bounces on the bed making my head get hit from the bottom. "Asshole." I whisper under my breath, Ponyboy must've heard me cause he purposely drops a cigarette on the ground.

He goes it pick it up and sees me, he smiles and does a wave. "How ya doing (Y/n)!" And with that I was found, so much for that. "What you talking about Pony?" Two-bit ask, he also bends over to check under the bed. His bright smile is seen and he waves at me, "Would you look at that! Speaking of the devil." Two-bit comments, I roll over out of under the bed and roll my eyes.

Dusting myself off I walk across the room and stand on the other side of Two-bit and Ponyboy. "The only devil here is him," I point at Dally he sticks his tongue out and lights a cigarette. "This devil sure as hell is hot ain't he?" He smirks, I make a fake gagging sound with the help of Ponyboy doing one also.

"Look at them, sick to their socks. C'mon you three year olds. Let's leave Dally alone so he can heal." Two-bit grabs our collars and drag us out the room, I talk one look back to Dally and see him staring at me. He winks and waves goodbye, I throw my signature side wave and with that.

Two-bit, Pony, and I leave the hospital for today. "(Y/n), listen here girly I'm gonna tell you the honest truth and just the truth, alright." I look around, "Yep." I pop the p to sound as uninterested as possible, after all they did give away my spot. "Dallas Winston isn't for you." I look him in the eyes, my eye brows furrow. "Why! Why is everyone sayin' that! So what he may have been a bad person in the past! But that shouldn't define him, the past is left behind. The future is only something we can wish for. I sure as hell am okay with dealing with Dally, we-"

"But-" I interrupt Two-bit, "Nope, the only butt here is the one on our rear ends and I sure hope I don't gotta see them." I stand up and the bus door opens, I step in and wait for the boys. "C'mon, I said what I said and I ain't takin nothing back!" I give them a mischievous smile.

..... . . . . . .... ..

"I don't wanna go to school! It's stupid!" I complain, doing some school work I had left. Yeah, I skip here and there but the only way of leaving this town is getting a scholarship and knowing me,

I'm not gonna give up.

"C'mon kid, just keep up your grades and you'll do great." Soda says, he moves some of my papers around the table to check them. "That's wrong." He tells me, I look at him like an idiot. "No, it's not." I tell him, he raises an eyebrow. "Yes, it is! Ponyboy is this right?" Soda ask Pony, he walks over here and looks at us. "That's right, why?" I slam my hands on the table, I start mocking Soda and put up the "L" sign on my forehead.

"Hahaha! I got it righttt~ You're just stupid, gimme a beer!" I dangerously surround him by making weird noises and dance moves. He pushes me beside and grabs my legs, lifting me over his shoulder and slamming me onto the couch. He than sits on my back, some satisfying cracks can be heard. I slap his arms and legs to get him off, he's just like Dally!

"Get off me you fat buffalo!" He laughs and sets his feet on the table, "What's the magic word?" I stop kicking my legs around and grunt loudly, "Get the hell off me you old fart!" He tickles my feet from that comment. "I'm not even a year older than you!" I start wheezing from being out of breath.

"sure as hell don't seem like it, you frying pan!"

he's so cute omg- 🥺