chapter twentyfour ◖ mrs. watts

your comments make my heart go-  💓💝💘💞💕💓💗💘💕💖

"Yo (Y/n), wanna head to the hospital now?" Blaze ask me, I get out from Dally's grip and take his jacket. "I'll see you later." I kiss his cheek and wave goodbye as I leave the house with Blaze. He rubs his hands together from the cold air, "Gosh it's cold." He mumbles I nod my head in agreement as we make out way to the hospital.

Once we make it into the hospital were politely taken to his moms room, damn it's bee forever since I last saw her. He walks into the room first, "Hey mama," I stay behind the door I can hear her raspy voice say "Hey buttercup." She doesn't sound too good, I frown at the thought. "Mama, I brought someone with me today." It's my time to come out, I walk into the room slowly waving at her slightly. Her once bored expression turns into a more buoyant one.

"My sweet pea! How have you been!" I go over to her and give her a big hug, smiling happily. "I've been good.. how have you been hangin'?" She looks down and gives me a disappointing look, "I don't have much time left." She whisper into my ear, making sure that Blaze can't hear. Lia Watts is her name, she's been apart of my life for a very long time. She was best friends with my mom when they were in High School so it only made sense for the kids to become friends with each other.

Blaze and I go way back, when I got the news he had to move away it broke me. He was like another brother- even though three are enough- but we did everything together. Sodapop, Blaze and I were called the three trouble makers. We'd always pick fights with some neighborhood kids we didn't like in junior high. It's painful to see someone so dear to me leave me, hell she's like a second mother.

"Mr.Watts can I speak to you please." A nurse comes into the room, she looks very familiar. Blaze gets ready to leave the room before I speak up. "Annabelle?" I ask aloud, she turns around and smiles at me. "Hi (Y/n), how's your burn?" She her tone sounds fake, her eyes blood shoot and wide. I try to ignore it. "It's.. healing alright." She forces a huge smile and exits the room. Lia rolls her eyes and gives me a look of disgust, "I don't like her." I raise an eyebrow, "Why?"

"She's just weird, something about makes me uncomfortable." Lia coughs badly, she covers her mouth with the tissues next to her. I see the blood left on the tissue when she hurriedly throws it away. "I'm sorry." I shake my head and pull a chair next to her, sitting down. "Why'd you guys move?" I know the story Blaze told me but part of it feels like it's a lie, I wanna know the truth.

As if she is reading my mind, "Blaze told you something else huh?" I nod my head and she gives me a smug look, "That lil rascal." I chuckle at the name, she would call me and Blaze that all the time when we got in trouble. "As you know my husband was killed, he was killed by someone you used to know. We had to leave, we had no choice. We couldn't risk it, so we came back to our old roots. We're trying to hide, but it doesn't help that I'm in the hospital." My faces goes pale, someone I used to know? It better not be,

"He escaped (Y/n)."

"I uh.. I'll be back." I get up quickly, my vision becomes dizzy as I walk. I slowly make my way towards the restroom, my breathing becomes quick. I feel like I'm being strangled. I splash water on my face, and tell myself everything is going to be okay.

Maybe if I keep lying to myself I'll believe it eventually?

BLAZE P.O.V

I walk back into the room, my body feels cold after what I was just told. "Hey ma, where'd (Y/n) go?" She looks at me tiredly, "Restroom." I nod my head and sit on the chair next to my mom.

I fiddle with the note.

"What's that." Her tone becomes threatening as what she asked came out to sound more like a statement. "Blaze, we made a deal. No more lies." I swallow the bubble in my throat and look at her, "Lying is all we can do at this point! Look at yourself, you keep telling me you'll be fine but you're going to die! Dad said he would come back home that night, the only thing that came home was another police officer telling us he was found dead!" Shes shocked at my outbreak, I slouch in the chair and hold my greasy hair. "We can't keep living like this."

"I know buttercup... I know." She looks out the window and closes her eyes, I decide it's time to leave. I get up and go to the restroom, standing outside and doing an occasional knock every couple of minutes to check on (Y/n). She finally comes out, her hairs messy and her eyes seen swollen. "You good? Someone beat you up or-" She walks past me I bite my lip and follow her quietly, "Need a cigarette?" She looks at me and nods her head slightly, I hand her the cigarette and the lighter. She lights it and leaves it in her mouth.

"Let's get back to the house." She says gently, some things wrong with her and this note won't make her any happier.

...........

YOUR P.O.V

"Hey (Y/n), hey Blaze." Soda greets us on the couch, I sit down next to him and lay my head on his shoulder. "Hey cutie!" Dally hiccups as he sits next to me, I'm not in the mood to deal with his drunken state. "He's back.." I whisper to Soda he stays still. "You're kidding." He holds my hand and looks around silently, "It's gonna be okay. He won't touch you."

"But he might touch the gang, I can't -" Soda interrupts me with a dark tone I've never heard from him before, "If he touches us.. he'll be a dead man." I nod my head and move next to Dally. "Hey baby, how you hangin?" I curl up next to his side and lay there dully. "Hey.. you alright?" He ask me more sincerely this time, "Just... stressed." He gets up grabs my hand and pulls me with him, taking me up the stairs and into the bedroom.

"Remember what we did earlier- the trust stuff," I nod my head and sit across from him on the bed. "Than you gotta trust me baby. Ill never judge you or even thin-"

"He's back Dally."

He doesn't say anything.

"and i think he's coming for us."