chapter fifthteen ◖ another note

It's the next day and I read the book Ponyboy dropped off. He left littles notes on some pages like, "feel better <3" or "pain isn't permanent." Everytime I read them I smiled light heartedly.

"Hey doll." I look up, Dally is standing by the door way- unlike last time he has his gown on. "Hey handsome." I chirp, I can see the slight blush on his face. It's weird how he hears this stuff everyday but once I say it, it's like he's never heard it before.

"How's my girl feelin'?" He moves slowly, sitting down next to me he holds my hand. "I'm alright, how are you?" He plays with the ring, gently rubbing my hand. "Better with you, I see you got the ring." I smile and kiss his cheek. "I like it a lot." He smiles cutely, his brown eyes shine in the light.

Who knew brown eyes could be that beautiful.

"Why aren't you in bed?" I ask him, he looks me in the eye. "I sneaked out." I roll my eyes playfully, "Of course you did." He chuckles softly, resting his head on my lap now. I play with his hair, his breathing becomes more slow and relaxes. The door opens up, Annabelle the nurse comes in. "Hello Miss im- oh!" She looks at Dally and me, I stop playing with his hair and he groans.

"Don't let her take me." He whispers, I giggle and rub his back, very lightly so his burn doesn't hurt. "Dallas, you have to go back to your room." He groans and gets up angerly. The nurse tries to hold his shoulder so he doesn't fall, he glares at her and moves his shoulders back; making her lose her grip.

"Don't touch me, I don't want your germs on me." I hold in my laugh, she nurse frowns. I give her a suspicious look, a form of jealousy takes over me. "Dallas, you need to go back to your room please. Stop being such a trouble." He laughs and stops at the door way, she tries to push him. "Bye Baby Cakes!" He yells and moves out of the way, the nurse stumbles around- almost falling onto the ground. She blows the hair out of her face and scowls, Dally walks to his room which I'm guessing is next door. So that means Johnny's is near us.

After a couple of minutes Annabelle comes back in, her hair messy from almost falling. "Sorry about that, he can be a difficult one." I tell her, she laughs, "Yeah, I can tell." She hands me some breakfast, it's different without chocolate cake. A knock on the door makes both is us turn our heads.

Two-bit and Ponyboy, "Hey losers!" I smile widely, it's been a while since I've seen Two-bit. Two-bit and I have a strange friendship, we're like two little kids that have had too much candy- always causing trouble. "How you doin' girly!" He comes over to me and hugs me, keeping his hands off my back. I didn't even realize the nurse left.

"Have you guys talked to Johnny yet?" I ask, they nod their heads. I raise my eyebrows, waiting for a hopeful response. "He's okay, his arm had some 1st degree burns but other than that he'll be okay." A huge weight lifted off of my shoulders, a weigh I didn't even know I was carrying. "Yeah, and I guess Dally's okay." Two-bit laughs, slapping Ponyboys arm and holding on for weight.

"What's so funny?" Ponyboy looks very concerned for Two-bit. Two-bit stops laughing and wipes away some fallen tears. "He just seems so giddy with you, maybe he ain't a so bad." Two-bit says, I smile and yawn. "Tired?" Two-bit ask, I nod my head and look to the table. "Oh yeah! Thank you Pony for the book." He shyly looks down and smiles, "Anytime."

"Oh (Y/n), a rumbles gonna happen soon." I tilt my head, worried. "When? It better be fair, if not than Ponyboy ain't goin in." Ponyboy rolls his eyes, "About a month, I'll be fine plus nothing bad. No chains, no switches, no heaters." I think about it, people get killed in these things and it doesn't help the fact that he's been jumped countless times.

"Fine, make sure you check in with Darry."

"Got it, thanks." He gives me a small hug and they both exit the room. I hear two-bit laugh from the hallway, now I can eat my breakfast again. Wait, that little shit took my apple juice.

"Two-bit I'm gonna kill you!" I yell, his laugh becomes obnoxiously louder.

.... .... ....

Finally the three of us are out, Dally and I still have our backs wrapped and Johnny has an arm wrap. "Gosh, I hated that place." I say aloud, they both nod their head in agreement. "Man, I just wanna sleep." Dally says, I look at him and smile, he grabs my hand and holds it tightly.

"I'm third wheeling so hard right now." Johnny says, I turn around and laugh at him. "Want me to hold your hand too?" I ask, Dally glares at Johnny- he might love the kid but he says I'm his and only his.

"I-im good." Dally lights a cigarette, "Where are these dumbasses?" He blows smoke in my face, we're currently waiting for Two-bit to pick us up. After five minutes of waiting, a car pulls up in front of us.

"Hey sexy thangs, how's is hangin'!" He rolls down the window and tilts his glasses, Dally smirks and cracks his knuckles. "Unlock it shit head." Two-bit unlocks the door so me and Johnny can climb behind the front seat to go to the back. "I'm just tellin' you now, the brakes are a little wonky."

It's gonna be a long ride.

... .... ....

"I'm back bitches!" I enter the house in style, Ponyboy is on the couch doing homework, Steve is eating cake, Soda is talking to Darry, I sit down next to Pony and he hands me a folder. It's filled with homework, but there's a note in the back. Dally takes a seat next to me, his arm wrapped around me. "What is that?" Ponyboy ask, Dally takes it out of my hand and opens it.

We both read it.

"Guess my plan didn't succeed this time :(

Ill have to try next time, and this time it'll be fatal."

Dally gives me a horrified look, I feel sick to my stomach. Ponyboy grabs the note this time, reading it aloud. The whole gang surrounds us, listening closely. "Who the hell wrote this!" Dally ask, grabbing the note and inspecting it. "I don't know.." Two-bit turns on Mickey, "Might be someone trying to scare us." I shake my head, "This isn't the first time I've had a note."

dally gives me a worried look, holding my hand tightly.