chapter twentytwo ◖ nightmare

thank you for all the birthday wishes! 💕🤙😳

⚠ WARNING WARNING ⚠
---  THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC WORDS / GESTURES ---

My body falls to the hard ground, I try and get up but only to find myself stumbling around weakly. I stare at my bloody hands, tears begin to fall. I look back and hear loud footsteps following behind. I run, so terribly fast. "(Y/n), I'm not gonna hurt ya..." His voice echos inside my head. I can't stand it.

I'm gonna go insane.

"Get out! Get out! Get the fuck out!" I yell, grabbing a fistful of my hair and pulling slightly. His hands. They rub my back, his disgusting hands that have hit me, lead me, held me. "Grow up would ya!"

Smack.

His hand slaps my face sharply, the slap was so hard it almost made me pass out. "Please.. Stop.." I whisper ever so gently, he walks over to me slowly. The sound of leaves crunching send chills down my back, I whimper in fear. He lifts my chin, making me look him in the eyes. His dreadful eyes. "Sweet heart.. why are you crying?" His voice makes me want to throw up.

I absolutely despise him.

I spit in his face, the spit mixed with my blood. "I hate you." My voice filled with venom, he grabs my neck and holds it tightly. I struggle to breath. I grip his hands trying to pull them off my neck, "S-stop.." My vision becomes dark.

I'm in a different room. I'm in Dally's room at Bucks, "Dally?" My voice is barely a whisper, "I'm here babygirl." He holds me tightly, his hands rubbing my back smoothly. I look him in the eyes, they don't look the same. They aren't his usual soft brown eyes, they're sharp.

And filled with hate.

"Why would you do that?" He ask, pushing me back. My eyes widen and my hands become bloody again, blood soaks his once white shirt. "Dally.. No I-i didn't mean to p-please.." My vision becomes blurry, as he holds his chest painfully.

"Sweet heart.. why are you crying?" A low chuckle escapes his mouth, my feet are stuck to the ground. He starts coming in closer to me, his wound seemingly disappearing the closer he is to me.

"Pain isn't permanent.." I whisper to myself, the tears rushing down my face like a waterfall. His hand wipes some of the tears, my glossy eyes look into his emotionless brown ones.

"You did this to me."

I shake my head.. The whispers start coming back. I can't take it, I can't. "Just leave me alone!" I yell out, he grabs my mouth and covers it. This isn't the Dally I know and love,

this is him.

"Sweetheart I'll be back for you."

He disappears and the voices stop. Now I'm left in this room, alone. Or at least I thought. "Boo." He comes back with a heater, aiming it at my head. The cold metal makes contact with my skin, I shake in fear.

"No.."

BANG.

.. . . .. . .. .

I sit up, my heart racing as sweat runs down my body. I can't breathe, it's too difficult. I guess Ponyboy felt my body shift besides him, because he starts rubbing my wrist gently. "Soda! Darry!" The hallway light turns on a tired Darry and Sodapop enter the room. "What is it?" Darry ask, rubbing his eyes tiredly before finally being able to focus on what's happening in front of him.

"It's happening again, the nightmares." Ponyboy says sadly, Darry walks to me slowly Soda following behind. Darry picks me up, I immediately hide my face in his chest. He rubs my back and whispers in my ear, "Everything's gonna be okay. Just breathe in and out slowly, we're here for you kid."

My breathing becomes slow and more calm. He sets me down on the couch and puts a blanket on me, Soda sits next to me. I shakenly cuddle up next to him, Darry goes to the kitchen and makes hot chocolate- something that's always calmed me down.

"He ain't gonna hurt ya kid. He aint-"

"It wasn't him this time." I interrupt Soda quietly, I can tell Soda is confused. "It was Dally." Soda sighs and holds me tighter, I cry into the blanket. Ponyboy sits down next to me, hugging my shaken body. Darry taps my body, I look up at him with swollen eyes. He sends a small smile, making me drink the hot chocolate slowly. The warm chocolate runs down my throat, I send him a small thanks and lay my head in Sodas lap.

Ponyboy must've fallen back to sleep considering his small snores can be heard near my legs. I play with his hair, calming myself down. Sodas asleep too, Darry sits on the chair across from us. "Bub, he's never comin' back. He was taken to New York jail he cant-"

"It wasn't him this time, well it was but it also wasnt-"

"It was Dally wasn't it?" I stay quiet, he knows he right. I can hear is disappointing sigh, "It's gonna be okay kid, he's ought to treat you right. I love you bub, sleep tight." He moves the hair out of my face to give me a forehead kiss. I close my eyes and soon to believe,

Im asleep like nothing happened.

.. . .. . .. .

I wake up from the door slamming, "Hey, what'd I say about the door!" Ponyboy yells from the kitchen, he must be cooking I think. I look up and see Two-bit and Steve in front of me. "Hey kid, you okay?" Two-bit ask me sincerely, I stretch my arms out and yawn. "Where's Soda?" I ask, I could've sworn I slept on him why is there a pillow near my head? "He went to go talk to Dally." I nod my head and bite my lip, a nervous feeling hits my stomach.

"Do you know why?" I ask him, he looks at Steve timidly. "Uh, he didn't say." Steve tells me, I look at the ground and kay back down. My head is killing me. I close my eyes, he comes in frame. I leave them open, scared for what may re appear. "Pony where's Darry?" I ask. "He should be outside!" I get up and walk past Two-bit and Steve.

I see Darry outside waiting impatiently it seems, he paces around the front porch. "Darry, you okay?" I ask him, he looks at him in surprise. "I'm alright, how've you been?" He ask, he's asking strange I think to myself. "I'm good, what is Soda talkin to Dally about?" I ask Darry, he looks me in the eye and holds my shoulders. "Your past..." I push him lightly, "No.. why?" My hand starts shaking as my vision blurs, I look down at my hands.

Blood.

I blink.

No blood.

"He needs to know! I'm doing this for your safety!" He yells, I look at him and shake my head in disbelief. I didn't even realize Dally and Soda both pulling in, Dally hurries to me.

He pulls me in for a hug, I want to push him away but my body won't. He hugs me tightly, "It's okay babygirl.."

"im not leaving anytime soon.. doll."