chapter eighteen ◖ love

"Like what?" I bite my lip hard, nervous that my boyfriend might not like my childhood best friend. "Bad influence." I turn my head to look at Dally, he pays attention the road his side profile is perfect. "Have you meant yourself?"

"No, I mean he's worse than me." I roll my eyes, not believing him. "That's bullshit." He does an eyebrow gesture- he raises them quickly and tilts his head. "So, you don't trust me huh baby?" His hand trails up my thigh, he gives his attention on me and winks. "I do, it's just sometimes you say stupid things." He nods his head, "I'll remember that."

"I'm sure you will baby."

...   ....   ....

We enter my house and see everyone inside, they must've taken a shorter way I think you myself. "(Y/n) you didn't tell us Blaze was back!" Soda yells from the table, "Well I didn't know." Suddenly Blaze comes out of the room without a shirt one, Dally is quick to cover my eyes. "Put a shirt on kid." Dally uses all of his courage to hide his annoyance and anger in his voice but I know an angry Dally when I see one. "Whatcha gonna do bout it?" Dally's taken back, no one ever talks to him like that.

"Go upstairs, I'll be there soon." He whispers in my ear, his lips dangerously close to my skin. I nod my head and quickly go upstairs while those two are at each other's neck. "Psst, (Y/n)!" Johnny whispers yells, him and Pony both wave me over. "What is it?" I crawl over to them, they show me a ton of notes I pick them up and read them.

It's different copies of hospital visits and payments, "Where in the hell did you get these?" I ask them, they both look at each other. "We found it in Blaze's bag, we thought it could help you." I set the papers back down, "It's his mom, she's in the hospital." I get up to leave, Ponyboy stops me holding my arm tightly "But what if it's not just his mom. He says he got here yesterday but these payments have been-"

"Whatcha shits talkin' about?" Dally wraps his arms around my waist and swings me side to side. Johnny and Ponyboy hide the copies, "Nothin' Dal." Johnny comments, I tell Dal it's best to go somewhere else so he decided to climb out the window and go on the roof.

We sit there, the crisp night in front of us. It's getting darker and colder everyday, I shiver under his touch. "You cold?" I shake my head, not wanting to be a bother. He sighs and takes off his jacket, letting me huddle underneath the cozy fabric. "You're givin' me that back you lil shit." I smile, "Over my dead body bubba!" I giggle and kiss his cheek. He wraps his arm around my body and pushes me closer to him, our body heat immediately warms us up.

"I never thought I'd be with a cold hearted hood like you," He smiles and moves my head to his chest. "This cold heart beats for you." And with that he ruffles my hair and leaves warm kisses on my head. Moments like these are the ones I wish forever. "I really love moments like these Dal." My voice is filled with honesty, that's all it ever is when I'm with him.

"Stop, you're makin' me all blah!" He makes funny hand gestures, I laugh at his goofiness. "I love you." I mumble under my breath, he's quiet. His body became oddly tense maybe I wasn't supposed to say that so early...

Too late now.

"I think we should get back inside." He tells me, rubbing my back softly. I bite my lip and nod my head, so many different emotions are running around my body right now. "So, uh man, what were you guys talking about when I came up here?" He questions, sitting on the bed. Johnny and Ponyboy must've left, I sit next to him and take off his jacket. "Just stuff about the notes and Blaze." He rolls his eyes at the mention of his name, taking a cigarette out of his pocket he lights it. "I don't like him, and he knows that." He mumbles passing me the cigarette, I take a deep inhale of from the weed.

I'm closer to being relaxed now, a good smoke never hurt.

"We found copies of visits, payments, releases from the hospital in his bag. We think he could've been here longer than he said." I tell him, Dally nods his head and lays back. "Whata bout 27 though, is it money or somethin?" He ask, I shake my head and scrunch my eye brows.

"Ponyboy said it could mean a date." I  give Ponyboys idea to him, he bites his lip in concentration. "Maybe, but 27th of what?" I lay down now, my head on his chest. The sound of his heartbeat almost puts me to rest. "Days? Months? Time! I don't know."

"Man, this is stressful." I nod my head and close my eyes, I'm still shaken up at the idea of death. We've all been close to it so many times, its just we never know when it's someone's actual time. "You awake doll?" He plays with my hair, his breathing becomes relaxed and his body is less tense than it was outside. I hum in response, we stay like this for a while.

"It's gettin' late, I think it's time for me to leave. I'll see you tomorrow babycakes." He kisses my lips and we get up, I follow him down stairs. Everyone seems out of it, Two-bit left, so did Blaze- which I'm happy about- and I guess Johnny is staying here for the night. I lead him outside, walking to the gate he shuts it while I'm on the other side.

"Hey, let's go on a date tomorrow." I nod my head and smile, "I'd like that." Now it's his turn to smile, we lock eyes. We cojole slowly, my eyes close and I just go for it. Our lips touch and a certain spark makes us crave for me, I break first this time. Our foreheads touch I smile and look at his lips again, going for another kiss. He doesn't react quickly to this one, "Get home safe bub." He smiles and nods his head, going to his car he hops in.

I turn to re enter the house, I can hear his car engine roar as he rolls down the window, "Hey (Y/n)," I turn around and look at him one last time, I raise an eyebrow he grins smugly.

"i love you too."