chapter fourteen ◖ growin up

happy new years bbs! make 2020 your year! >:)
*edit* ^^ yeah.. about that LMAO

YOUR P.O.V

"What are we waitin' for? Let's go, man!" Dally's loud voice booms, I can tell he's scared; we run out the house. Dally loves Johnny, you can tell they're very close. Johnny looks up to him, I use to be surprised by that but I know why know.

Dally is a strong person, he acts tough and is tough. Yeah, hes stubborn but I know he's only doing it to protect the gang. Cause rules are rules, you take up for your buddies, no matter what they do. When you're a gang, you stickup for the members. If you don't stick up for them, stick together, make like brothers, it isn't a gang anymore.

And we are the closest thing to family for some of us, especially Dally. He doesn't have much for blood relates but if he knows we have his back, even if it's with the cops. We're his family.

And I know he's gonna do everything he can do to save Johnny.

We stop running, the powerful flames glow in front of us. I feel sick, Johnny's mother is on the side coughing up a lung. "Holy shit!" I cry out, she looks at me in terror. "He's still in there.." she turns weakly and points at the house. "Johnny, I'm comin' for you!" Dally yells, he runs inside too. I look back to see Darry giving me the death glare. I look back at the house, and back at him.

They're all watching me.

My three brothers.

"(Y/n) don't... you might end up killed!" Soda yells, clearly shaken up by what's in front of him.

"I'm sorry!" I yell and run into the house, I'm immediately greeted with black smoke. I cover my mouth walking around I can barely see Dally's figure. "Dally-" I cough harshly, the smoke filling my lungs.

"(Y/n)! Get out of here!" He yells, he must've found Johnny by the way he bends over and picks something up. "Dally the place is gonna fall!" I yell, he curses proficiently. Johnny is passed out on Dally's back, Dally can't cover his mouth so he's stuck with breathing in the smoke. "Go!" I yell, standing to the side. I feel my back start to burn as the flames increase. Dally rushes past me out the door, I quickly follow him.

Crack!

The roof is gonna fall on us if he doesn't get out now. "Dally! Go!" I cry out, scared for my life. He tries to kick the door open but it doesn't work. "Fuck (Y/n)! I can't get the door!" He yells, I look at the window.

I punch the window with my hand, it breaks on sight. "Go!!" He jumps out the window with Johnny on his back. The front roof falls, that means the back is going to soon. My eye sight becomes very blurry, I can see Ponyboy, Darry and Soda helping Johnny. Dally reaches for my hand, I grab his with my non wounded hand.

He pulls, I make it out in time before the house falls. I fall on top of Dally, his arms hold me tight. "Thank god.." He whispers in my ear, his voice cracks as he's holds in a cry. "I'll always be here baby.." Everything starts to become dizzy, my eyes are heavy. "Stay awake." He whispers, rubbing my back; it hurts. I must've gotten burnt.

"But I'm sleepy.."

I pass out in his arms, little did I know he did too.

.... .... ....

"No visitors right now, I'm sorry. Only family-" I awake quietly, my eyed bloodshot and burning. "Don't you understand were her brothers!" The nurse sighs, and opens the door.

Wait since when was it daytime?

"Dally.." My voice cracks, my throats dry. Soda holds my hand, Pony sits down on the chair next to me, Darry stands by the door tapping his foot. He's crying, they all are.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I whisper, Soda chokes on his tears. "Gosh, we thought you were dead." Soda lays his head on my legs, crying softly. Even when he's crying he still looks like a Greek god. That's something me and Pony always said to him. I smile at the memory.

"Yo-you gotta be more careful next time, you shouldn't of gone in! You don't think, you react.. I'm just happy you're gonna be okay." Darry sighs, I look over at Ponyboy. His eyes speak better than his mouth, we both know we cause a lot of stress on Darry. Pony holds my other hand and rubs my wrist softly.

"I will Darry, I'm sorry." I apologize, he shakes his head and comes over to me.

He gives me a bear hug, he's good at those. I cough in his ear, he moves back and apologizes. I slightly frown I miss his hugs. Wait, where's Dally and Johnny?

"Dally.... Johnny..." My voice is quick and panicked, I try to sit up but Soda pushes me back. "They're fine.." Soda gives an unsure look to Darry, Ponyboy speaks up.

"We're not aloud to see them yet." I nod my head at Pony, appreciating the truth and only the truth. I close my eyes, not wanting to show the tears building up. I can't imagine losing the two of them, Johnny has been my best friend for years.

But Dally has been there for me since he left New York. Yeah he was more feral- I guess you could say- back than, but he's a good guy.

I fall asleep.

... .... ....

I wake up again, this time it's nighttime and nobody is in here except the nurse. "Oh, you're awake. Are you feeling better honey?" She ask me in a kind voice, I can't speak my mouth is dry. She tilts her head sideways but finally understands.

"Do you need water dear?" I nod my head quickly, she smiles and hands me a cup. I take a big sip, the cold water is refreshing. "Thank you.." She nods her head and smiles, it's kind of creeping me out. "Has anyone come to visit again?" I ask her, she claps her hand and grabs something from the side. "Five handsome guys have, but someone wanted to give this to you." I give her a confused look, who would want to give me anything.

"Who?"

She shows me a ring, it's Dally's skull ring. She looks at it admirably, taking in every detail of the ring. "He said to give it to the pretty girl with a back burn." I chuckle at that, knowing that he really meant that. "I guess that means me." She hands me the ring, I put it on my finger and check it out.

"If you need anything just ring the bell." She tells me, grabbing her things to leave. The door opens before she leaves, Darry is standing there. "Excuse me.." She quietly says, he moves out the way and she goes to leave.

"Wait! What's your name?" I ask her, she turns around and looks me in the eye.

"Annabelle."

I nod my head, Darry shuts the door quietly. "You feelin' better bubba?" He ask me, moving the hair out of my face. I nod my head, the wraps on my back have been changed.

"What's that?" He ask, pointing to my hand. I show him Dally's ring, totally forgetting that he doesn't know. "It that Dally's?" His voice shows slight anger, I nod my head slowly. He sighs and sits down, holding my hand with the ring. He fiddles with it.

"It's okay, it's your choice. I just want you to be safe. Everyone's probably telling you this, but he's not the greatest." I scowl, can't I just live my life?

"I know, Darry. Sodapop already told me as well as Pony. I like him a lot, I really do. If he breaks my heart, then too bad. At least I had fun." I truthfully state, he tightens the grip on my hand.

"it just feels weird seeing my little girl grow up."

rest in peace patrick swayze 🕊💘