chapter thirty ◖ rumble

MENTION OF DRUGS!
ill be updating again later today! fyi 🥴

Those words have been stuck in my head for a while now, another term for hell. Is he sayings he's the devil, or is he going to make my life hell? If I keep thinking like this I might start goin' grey. "Soda.." I whisper his name, he turns over and groans. "What..?" The moonlight shines through the window brightly, I turn over so we're facing each other.

"Do you think.." I bite my lip and pause, "Do you think that someone is actually gonna die?" He opens his eyes, I can see the smallest frown on his face. "I hope not, but if it does happen I can promise you this.." He smiles gently while moving some of the hair from my face,

"you're not gonna lose another curtis family member, actually you're not gonna lose any of us." I give him a sad smile as he wipes the stray tear that rolled down my cheek. "I love you Soda." He kisses my forehead and pulls me close to him. "I love you too kid."

.......

I slam my locker shut once I get all of my books and papers collected. Once I turn around I'm meant with a familiar face, Blaze Watts. "What do you want?" His eye twitches as he scratches his arm, his mouth is partly open with chapped lips and his once neatly greased hair is messy and dry. "(Y/n)... I'm really sorry it's just I've gotten into some bad stuff with bad people and.. and-"

"What Blaze? And- and.. Im tryin' go to class. So please.. just leave me alone." I walk past him wretchedly, not baring him a look back. I can hear his sadden footsteps go the opposite way from me. I walk into class and meet a cheerful Two-bit, "Hey turn that frown upside down girly!" He smiles gently and ruffles my hair in a brotherly manner, I give him a soft smile. He sits down next to me and lays his head on my shoulder, "Ready to party hard tonight?" I raise an eyebrow, he looks at me surprised.

"Shoot I'm guessin' Sodapop didn't tell you." I open my book, "Tell me what?" He flips the page to the correct one on the board. "Well him and Steve are having a pre-rumble party tonight, just so we can get hyped and ready. " I nod my head, today is the bug day. Strange how quick times goes.

"Great.." Now once I get home I'm gonna have to deal with a ton of drunk, aggressive teens. Great way to end a Friday.

.. . .. . .

I walk to my locker and do the combination quickly, wanting to grab my bag and go straight home to take a nap. But of course, that's not what's gonna happen. A note falls slowly from my locker, I groan internally. "Another stupid ass letter." I mumble and pick the fallen letter up, it's neatly folded this time.

The front simply says my full name, even my middle. I open the letter,

Dear (Y/n),

I know you must hate me by now from what happened a while ago and I truly apologize for that. That wasn't me, well it was it just wasn't the real me. I would never threaten you like that, I would never say that about Dally. I might not like the guy but I have to respect him.. Im in a dark spot right now. I have to pay off my mother's bills or else she's gonna die soon.

She's gonna die no matter what it's just I can't lose both of them right now.

But what I really wanted to tell you is something that I really hate myself now because of it.. I've been taking drugs, they just make me feel numb. Especially once it really starts to hit oh man.. god I really am a sad person. I just wish the best for you and your future with everyone.. but I'm sorry for what's going to happen here.

I have to do this for my mom.

I have to leave (Y/n), I'm sorry.

im being f≠|

B

"(Y/n)?" My thoughts get cut off when I hear Johnny say my name, I crumble the letter and put it in my back pocket. "What?" He points at the main door, "The others are waiting.." "Right right.. my bad." I grab my bag and shove my books inside, slinging the strap over my shoulder I elbow my locker shut.

"What was that?" Johnny ask as we walk the somewhat empty hallways, "What was that?" I try and hide the obvious, he looks at his feet than back at me. "That letter." I sigh heavily, "Just from someone who needs help."

"Two-bit?" He ask, I can't help but crack a smile at his silly joke. "You're real funny aren't you Johnny cakes." He smiles softly. "I like your smile." I tell him, he blushes slightly and keeps smiling. I can tell he's trying to stop himself but he just can't, it's cute. "Let's go kid."

.. . .. . .. .

The yelling, swearing and scent from the boys downstairs give me a huge headache. I lay my head on the windowsill, looking up at the dark sky. The stars are bright tonight as well as the moon, I can't help but become mesmerized by how beautiful the night sky can be. But, I know tonight is gonna be very stressful and painful.

Maybe I shouldn't go?

No.. I have to.

"(Y-y/n).." A heartbroken voice comes from the doorway of my room, I turn around and see Blaze. "Blaze? What's wrong?" I can't help but feel a painful ache in my chest at this sight, I mean I've know him since I was a kid. "S-shes dead! They killed her!" His tears are hot, they soak through my shirt as I pull him into a hug. I can't help but feel apart of my heart break, someone who I truly looked up to had to go away.

But... at least I know her and my mom are having a hell of a good time partying up in the sky.

"Blaze.. it's gonna be okay-"

"No it's not! They're gonna kill me next, I-i have to go! I gotta leave, I need to get out.. i- I love you (Y/n).. okay you're like a sister to me. I-i fuck!" He slams his fist into the wall, he's breaking. No.. hes broken. "Blaze don't!" I yell for him as he runs down the steps and out the door, if I chase him it won't do anything. Darry comes up from behind and grabs my shoulders, "He'll be okay. He just needs time." I bite my lip and try to hold in the painful scream I want to let out.

Sodapop frowns at the sight, he comes up to me and hugs me tightly. I cry into his chest, we don't say anything as he just rubs my back and twirls my hair. "She's gone!" I cry out, his grip becomes more tight. "I know hun.. I know." The room becomes quiet, the only thing you can really hear are my sniffles.

I calm down after a while, Soda pulls away from the hug and holds my shoulders. I look at him in the eyes, he smiles softly. "You're really ugly when you cry." I slap his chest as I wipe away the rest of my tears, Steve coughs loudly. We all turn to look at him, "It's time ladies and gents!" I can't help but smile sadly, I won't lie rumbles are fun honestly.

"Lets get this started!" I cheer, we all run out of the house. Darry does a handstand on the fence, I mean he's always had a talent for gymnastics. We all watch as Steve does a backflip off the car, once he lands it we all cheer loudly. We walk in a group, more like a pack. We roam these streets like animals, making loud noises, pushing each other around and overall having fun.

It's as if all my worries have gone away.

but i can't push through the strong nauseating feeling in my stomach.