chapter eight ◖ youre out!

SIX DAYS LATER !!

"That bruise is healin' up good." Soda tells me, I give him a soft smile. "Hurts like hell though." I can't even open my eye fully that's how swollen it is. The door opens and there enters Two-bit, Steve, Dally and Johnny. The whole gang is finally here again, "Who's tryna play baseball?" Steve ask, dangling the bat over his shoulder. Two-bit throws the baseball up and down with his mitt. "I'm down, how bout you Pony?" Soda ask, Pony looks up from his homework and nods his head. A small smile makes a way into his face, he's such a cute kid. Darry walks into the room, "What about you Superman?" Two-bit ask, Darry nods his head and rolls up his sleeves.

"I wanna go!" I jump in, the whole gang yells no at me. I frown, slumping down off the couch. "Awh, you hurt the poor girls feelings.." Soda says, playing with my hair. I look over at Darry and give him puppy eyes, he stares at me. We do this for about two minutes until he finally breaks, "Fine, but if I see one thing happen to you.."

..... .... ..

"You're out!" I yell, being a 1st baseman has always been my thing. I help Steve up and pat his back. His pants are all dirty from slidin'. The teams are set like this,

TEAM CURTIS

PONY

SODA

DARRY

(Y/N)

TEAM MICKY ( two-bit won the bet for names )

TWO-BIT

STEVE

JOHNNY

DALLY

We're currently winning because we have all the stars, Darry with his strong throws and hits, Soda with his incredible ability of distracting and amazing agility, Pony the fastest boy I've ever seen he sure as hell can beat anyone in a race and me greatest catcher ever! We're the dream team.

"Next up to bat! Dallyyyyyy!" Johnny announces, I laugh at his voice echoing through the field. Darry is pitching, we don't have any outfield player so it's just me at first, Pony at second and Soda at third. Steve said he wouldn't mind catching when he's not up to bat or on any bases.

"Strike one!" I announce, fixing my baseball cap that Darry let me wear. "I didn't even swing! Johnny did I swing?" Dally yells, Johnny nods his head and laughs. "Full swing there Dal!", Two-bit can't help but laugh at Dally tryin' to cheat. Darry goes for another pitch, Dally looks as ready as ever. Darry throws, and Dally swings. The ball is gone! Dally stands up and tries to look for the ball, "RUN!" Johnny tells him. Ponyboy sees the ball and runs to it, the ball drops before he can catch it.

"Pony!" I yell, waving my mitt to him. Dally is being cocky and walking to base, Pony throws the ball to me. Dally finally starts running, he slides to base and makes it in time before I catch the ball.

"Safe!" Johnny says, Dally stands up to dust his pants off. I throw the ball back to Darry. I feel Dally's hands grab my hips, he pushes me back to him. My body against his, "You look hot as hell with that cap on you.." he whispers in my ear, the hairs on my arm stand up. Not now.. I'm trying to play a game.

"Dal, hands off." I warn him, he let's go. Johnny is up to bat now, his position is strong. Darry goes for a pitch and Johnny hits the ball first try. He hits a ground ball, Dally runs off base. When he's running he slaps my butt and takes my cap, "Dallas Winston!" I yell out, Johnny makes his way to first base. Darry holds ball to show everyone to stop running, we don't play steals this round cause the lack of people.

"He totally digs you." Johnny tells me, a small smirk on his face. I slap his arm lightly "Yeah right.." Johnny fixes his sleeves, "I'm tellin' ya, he's always happier with you. You gotta see it." I shake my head, Johnny sighs. It's now Two-bit turn to bat. "You ain't ready for this boys!" He confidently yells, Darry rolls his eyes and grins. He's becoming more competitive everytime.

"Strike one!" Pony yells, laughing with Soda. Two-bit slams the bat on the base to ready himself, "My hand slipped!" Darry nods his head, another throw comes Two-bits way.

"Strike two!"

Johnny laughs at Two-bits ego going down. It feels good to hear him laugh, he has a lot of family problems and just issues in general. He deserves the best, and the gang as well. They're like family.

"Strike three!" Two-bit throws the bat down and groans loudly. "Damn you suck!" Dally yells from second base, the cap he took from me still on his head. He sends a wink my eye, I move my head as if I was dodging a punch. He gives me a hurt look, pretending of course.

"Alright Steve get up here!" Darry yells out, Steve comes out with the bat in hand. "Go easy on me Muscles!" He yells out, Darry nods his head and throws a hard pitch. Steve's eyes widen, the fear in his eyes makes Two-bit chuckle.

"S- strike one!" Two-bit says in between laughs. Darry throws another pitch, Steve swings and it goes far in the field. Pony runs for the ball, making his way to the balls destination before the ball even lands. Pony stops, looks up, moves a little more and catches it!

"Three outs! Curtis Team's time to bat!" Soda yells, running to home base to bat first. I get there before him and grab the bat, he looks at me and shakes his head. "Nope! I'm goin' first!" He grabs the bat from my hold, Darry grabs both our heads and push us away. "Let me do the honors." Soda and I both groan. Darry's up to bat, Johnny's pitching. He throws and Darry swings, the ball goes flying. "Go!" Pony yells out, Darry jogs his way around the bases. Stopping at third, Soda and I start arguing about who's gonna bat first.

Ponyboy slips in and grabs the bat, getting into ready position. Johnny throws, Pony swings and the ball leaves. The thing is, the ball made it to outfield it's just Pony is too fast. "Home run!" I yell out and cheer, jumping up and down when Pony comes to home base. "Nice one kid." Darry says, Pony can't help but smile at the compliment.

"My turn!" I dangerously swing the bat around me, getting into ready position I give Johnny a side grin. The ball comes to my direction, I take the chance and swing. The ball went to second, I should have enough time. I drop the bat and run as fast as I can. I'm at halfway point once Steve throws the ball to Dally. I pick up my pace, going in for a slide I make my way to base but I feel the hard ball on my side. I look up and see Dally smirking at me, the bruise on his jaw is now a yellowish color. He helps me up and grabs my waist,

"you're out babygirl."

if i did any baseball facts wrong i apologize, it's been a long time since ive played!

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

if i did any baseball facts wrong i apologize, it's been a long time since ive played!

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ❥៚ 𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें