chapter nineteen ◖ date

I couldn't sleep that night, I was too excited for this date that was happening. I was literally shaking with excitement, "You cold?" Soda ask me. "No, just excited." He turns over to me, his green-blue eyes shine in the moonlight. "Something with Dally?" I smile and nod my head, I can see him give me a sadden smile. "We're going on a date." He chuckles and pulls me close to him, "That's nice." I play with his hair an awkward silence approaching. "How are you and Sandy?" He sighs, "We could be better, maybe it's just a one time thing between us. She seems distant, I don't really like it ya know?" I nod my head and close my eyes.

We both fall asleep.

"(Y/n)! There's no school!" Ponyboy and Johnny both yell, jumping on top of me. "Why?" I ask, they both look at each other than back to me. "Something about a meetin'-"

"Someone was murdered."

My blood runs cold, the color in my face drains. I sit up, only to be found shaken. "W-who?" Ponyboy holds my hand to calm me down, "Bob Sheldon, Cherry's boyfriend. He was found with multiple stab wounds near the fountain."  I bite my lip, so many different questions come to my mind.

"Why was he in our territory?" I ask, they both shrug their shoulders. "Is the rumble being called off?" I also add, the shake their heads. "You'll have to ask Two-bit for that one." I get up and pace around the room, is that what the person meant when they said they'd kill someone. But it doesn't make any sense, he was a soc and we are greasers we don't mix. I ran and hand through my hair, stressed.

"I'm gonna go talk to Dally." They stop me, "He's downstairs, but he don't look to happy.." They both look wide eyed, I rush downstairs to see Dally on the couch laying down peacefully with an ice pack on his head. What'd he do this time?

I move quietly, Darry and Soda must be at work. I take the ice pack off his head and check his wound. It's a bruise, a nasty one for sure his lip is also busted open. I frown at the state, I never liked seeing Dally get hurt or even get into fights. I was only okay with it when it was us two getting into one or even the rumble. "You dumbass, gosh you can be a real idiot sometimes." I say under my breath, going to the bath room to get the first aid kid.

"I'm fine." He says, putting the ice pack back on his head. I roll my eyes and take out some bandage wraps. "Can I?" I ask him, he shows me his hand. They're all bloody near the knuckles, bruising every where. I shake my head and begin fixin' him up. "What happened?" He doesn't answer me so I look up at him, he's staring at me.

"Don't be mad," My expressions drain, when someone tells you not to be mad It's probably gonna make you mad. "But I got into a fight with that stupid ass Blazer kid." "Blaze." I correct him, he rolls his eyes. "Yeah, him." His voice is filled with hatred whenever he talks about him. "What'd he do to piss you off?" I ask, finishing up with his hands. "Well, I found him at Bucks bragging about how hot you are completely drunk. I told him to stop and that you are mine and he said no. So I broke his nose." I slap his chest, he laughs a little. "You can't be doin' that Dal."

"Hey, if anything I probably helped him. He needed a nose job anyways..." I laugh at that one, he's not wrong his nose was kinda funky. "B-but what if he pulled something on you Dal!" I yell at him, he doesn't say anything. Guilt is the feeling he's left with, "Babycakes I'm sorry, it's just I want people to know your mine." He pulls me onto his lap, I don't look at him his hands rub my sides up and down. I can feel his hot breath touch my neck, "But that doesn't mean you should break someone's nose." He sighs and lays down all the way, pulling me down with him so my back is on his chest.

"I just want to protect you.." Now I feel like the bad guy, "I know bubba, and I appreciate it." He kisses my head and smiles, "When are we gonna go on our date?" I ask him, his mind goes blank and he stutters "Uh.. how about 7?" I nod my head, and try to get up but he pulls me back down on him, wrapping his arms around me and cuddling me like a teddy bear. "I could get use to this."

"How'd you get so soft?" I ask him, he doesn't say anything so I guess he feel asleep. I get up cautiously and put a blanket on his tired body. He looks so peaceful, like a prince.

My prince.

...  ...  ....

"(Y/n) DALLY'S HERE!" Ponyboy yells, I take another look in the mirror. I decided to go for a better look today, so I wore a black knee high dress and one of Soda's jean jackets paired with some chunks. It may not look the best for a soc but it's good enough for a greaser. "I'm coming!" I tell him, fixing the ring Dally gave me. I rush down stairs and see Soda, Darry and Ponyboy staring at me. "What?" I ask, Soda chuckles and hugs me whispering in my ear, "He better treat you right."

I smile and walk away, Ponyboy shyly looks at me like he's never meant me before. "He's right outside." I nod my head and open the door, I see Dally leaning against the fence smoking a cigarette. He looks up at me and his eyes widen, a sly grin on his face. I blush under his gaze, "Damn, you look amazing." I bite my lip and smile happily.

"You don't look go bad yourself." I punch his arm playfully, he's wearing some black jeans and a white shirt underneath his jean jacket. I guess syou could say were somewhat matching. He takes my arm and intertwines our hands, Dally waves to the boys who are waiting on the porch. "You better bring her back home, Dally. I can't have a miniature you runnin' around my house." My face becomes brought red from Darry's comment. Dally laughs and winks at my older brother,

"i can't promise anything."