chapter twentyone ◖ sodapop

hey honeycombs :)
if you didn't know i got the flu :(, like a lot of people are getting so please wash your hands and stay clean!
also,, it's my birthday! 😎

ONE WEEK LATER !

Ever since the death of Bob I haven't gotten a single letter, maybe he was the one doing it. Maybe not, I'm just happy it stopped. I decided it'd be a good day to hang out with my brothers, considering all I usually ever do is sleep, talk to Dally, or eat. Yikes...

"Heya Pepsi-Cola!" I lay on the couch next to him, propping my feet up on his lap. "Howdy bub." We watch Mickey on the television, only if Two-bit was here. "You got work today?" I ask him, he nod his head and puts his hat on. "Steve should be here any se-"

"What's up fuckers, where's the cake!" Steve's obnoxious voice fills the house once he enters, the door slamming behind him. "Kitchen!" I tell him, he points finger guns at me and grins. I look back at Soda, he keeps his eyes on the TV. Soda and I have always been close, maybe because we're so close in age. Even as kids people would think we were twins, not because we look alike just because we'd always follow each other around. "Sodaaa, can I come to work with you today?" I ask him, he raises an eyebrow and shrugs his shoulder "Sure why not."

I focus on the TV but from the corner of my eye I see Soda grinning to himself like a little kid. "Steve we gotta get goin'!" Steve comes out with chocolate cake all over this face, he wipes it on his sleeve. "Don't forget your shoes!" Steve walks out of the house, I follow him to the car. "You helpin' out today?" He ask, opening the car door for me. "Yep, if it ain't a bother." He shakes his head "If anything we need the help, mind workin' at the cashier?" "Sure, hell I got nothing better to do." He gives me a smug look, "Dally could say otherwise." I slap him playfully as Soda enters the car, guess he's driving today.

"Better hold on tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride." Steve jokes making Soda roll his eyes, "Shut your trap Steve, you can't say much with those teeth." Steve becomes quiet, I stiffle a laugh.

Once we make it to the DX we park the car and walk inside. I awkwardly stand there, suddenly Soda and Steve's boss comes out- he knows me very well. "Hey (Y/n), here to help again?" I send him a kind smile, "Yep! Anything new happen around here?" He chuckles, "Never at the DX." He tosses me a shirt and I go behind the counter, just putting the shirt over me since it's pretty big.

After maybe two hours of working,

the door opens and Two-bit enters; he doesn't notice me. He walks around and grabs a coke, setting it down on the counter and digging into his pocket. "Sir, that's gonna be 15¢." He looks up and smiles, "Well ain't it my favorite girl." I giggle and hand him his coke he stays there and we catch up on stuff. "So, have you and Dally ya know.. done the freaky?" My eyes widen as I hand someone their bag, "Two-bit Matthews! Or should I say Keith!" He laughs hysterically, bending over and holding his stomach.

"Man, I didn't know they were letting zoo animals out. Who let the monkey in?" I turn to see the one and only Dally standing by the door, he leans against the frame and lights a cigarette. "Hey Bubba!" I gleefully smile, he walks in and gives me a small kiss on the cheek ruffleing my hair as well.

"Howdy Dal, how ya been?" Two-bit ask him, Dally leans on his shoulder. "I've been alright man, this lil girl been keepin' me outta trouble." He refers to me, "Surprised she ain't givin' you trouble." Soda barges in, "Oh c'mon now, my kid sister never gives anyone trouble."

"Only headaches!" Steve comes up from behind Soda, laughing gently. "Didn't know y'all had this problem with me." I cross my arms like a child, Dally hops the counter. "Oh baby it ain't like that." He wraps his arms around me, his chin digging into my shoulder. "Hey, hands off big guy." Soda whips a dirty towel at Dally. Dally takes his hands off me put continues laying his head on my shoulder. "Pain in the ass." He mumbles, making me rolls my eyes and laugh at his comment.

"Ya know I can hear ya." Soda says, his back faced to Dally and I as he picks out a candy bar. "Sure ya can." He kisses my neck quickly and hops over the counter, "Alright see ya man." Dally leaves the DX, his figure becoming smaller and smaller as he walks away.

"C'mon (Y/n), shifts over!" Steve and Soda say in unison, they're such dorks. "Where we goin'?" I ask them. "I gotta head home." Steve says, Soda looks at me and smiles.

"Milkshakes!"

.. . .   .. . .  ..

After we dropped off Steve we decided to go to the Dingo and just hang out like old times. "It's been forever since we last did this!" I exclaim, Soda nods his head and we sit down in the same booth Dally and I did last week.

"How've you been? Like mentally and stuff? Ever since.." I stop him, Soda is the only one who truly knows about my last relationship. That was the definition of toxic, "I'm.. okay, way better than before." I send him a sad smile, he look me in the eye and wiles a stray tear.

"I'm proud of you kid, really I am." I send him a shaky laugh, he moves back once the milkshakes are set down. I wipe away the last set of tears and drink the tasty shake, Soda hums in satisfaction. "Gosh, I hope they make everything chocolate one day." I slightly choke on my shake- from drinking to quickly.

"Shoot, I'd be in heaven." He finishes his shake before me, him and I would always have competitions for who can drink the quickest. Whoever loses pays. "Damnit!" I groan and dig out the money inside my pockets, he laughs and waits patiently.

"Damn, now I really wish they had chocolate cigarettes.." He mumbles under his breath after a burp, I hiccup a laugh. The waiter takes our empty shakes and the money. We get up to leave, he opens the door for me and slings an arm over my shoulder.

"You know what Soda," He looks at me, "What?" I look at the stars and back at him,

"we'll be the first to try em, and that's a promise."