I.I

Operation Bait Bella Swan

~~~~~~~~

"Sometimes people come
into your life for a
moment, a day, or a lifetime.
It matters not the time
they spent with you,
but how they impacted
your life in that time."

-Unknown

Releasing an awkward chuckle Isabella tucked a frizzed piece of hair behind her ear before responding, "yeah, that's me, the klutz" she said, inwardly cringing at her own awkwardness.

  Letting out a snort Nixie held her hand out towards her, "Nixie Dovers," she informed gleefully. The nicest impression was the best impression, so Nixie figured she was better off playing nice firsthand, didn't wanna scare the girl away too soon.

Grasping Nixie's hand in hers Bella gave a meek handshake in return, "Bella... Swan."

With a forced beaming grin, Nixie's head tilted to the side, "so do you always greet new people by ramming into them with your shopping cart or am I just special?"

Bella's eyes widened at the girls forwardness, sputtering out a frantic "o-oh no! I'm so sorry again I didn't even see you and I-

  Nixie paused her rambling with a chuckle before she ended up putting the poor teen into early cardiac arrest, "relax Bella, I'm just messin with ya, no harm, no foul."

She let out an obvious forced chuckle and even Nixie cringed at the girl, could she be anymore awkward? No wonder she was sent here, this chick couldn't even protect herself from embarrassment, let alone vampires.

  Nixie knew exactly why she was there, it didn't take a genius to figure it out. She smelt the sweet stench of vampires the minute she entered Forks, along with the bitter tinge of the neighboring Lycan. This town was gonna be a pain in her ass, she could feel it.

"You look a little out of your comfort zone Bella, are you new around here" Nixie quizzed her, even though she already knew the answer, it didn't hurt to spark up small conversation, didn't want to come off too stalkerish, even though she was right up there with Robert John Bardo, minus the murdering part, obviously.

"Uhh, yeah actually" Bella shuffled nervously, "I just moved in with my dad not too far from here, what about you, how long have you been here?"

Biting her lip, Nixie fibbed a little, "I actually just moved here about a week ago, I start at Forks High on Monday."

Her words earned her the first genuine smile Nixie seen on the girl since their encounter, a twinge of excitement in the girl's tone, "oh me too! It'll be nice having someone there who's also new, ya know?"

  Nodding her head, Nixie agreed, "for sure, did you uh, maybe wanna hangout before then? It's just I don't know anyone around here and it'd be nice to have a friend to suffer with" she baited. While any other day she would've berated herself for being so cliché, she knew the faster she inserted herself into Bella's life, the easier it would be to keep an eye on her.

With little to no hesitance Bella agreed, the idea of not having dinner with Charlie alone sounding more appealing than the possibility of this girl being some sort of psychopath, "yeah, I'm actually having dinner later with my dad, I'm sure he'd love to meet you if wanted to join us?"

Taking her phone out of her pocket Nixie slapped it into Bella's hand, "put your number in here and text me the details and I'll meet you up there, if that's good with you?" She had no idea where said diner would be, but even if Bella didn't tell her, she was sure there weren't many in the small town to pick from.

Bella quickly entered her number and Nixie slipped her phone back into her pocket before giving her one last grin, "so it's settled then, I'll text you so you have my number and then I'll meet you later on."

Before she could even agree Nixie reached into Bella's basket, grabbing the lonely snickers bar before turning around and heading back towards the entrance. With a half-assed waved over her shoulder she made my way into the parking lot, hopping into her car. Making her way out, Nixie managed to spot the same grease stain she made contact with earlier and shuddered at the memory. Rolling her window down she reached over and grabbed the snickers she stole from Bella's cart. It seemed the man was attempting to convince an elderly woman to spare some change, even though Nixie saw the insane amount of food in his cart from earlier that must have costed a pretty penny, he clearly wasn't in dire need of money.

With a glance at the snickers in her hand Nixie apologized to the delicious bar and kissed the wrapping. "I'm sorry baby" she mourned, before clenching the candy in her hand. With her enhanced strength she proceeded to chuck the candy straight at the disgusting creature. An echoing *CRACK* made its way around the parking lot before Nixie let out a barking laugh, "BULLSEYE!"

  Peeling out of the parking lot her eyes made their way to the mirror where she witnessed the man fall due to the amount of effort she had put into the throw and she bit her lip, smile widening. The old woman he had taken the change from bent down and collected her coins as if there wasn't an unconscious man beside her.

Sliding on her unnecessary sunglasses she turned the radio up before making her way onto the main road, heading towards the closest clothing store. She knew she needed to make a few changes to her wardrobe if she wanted to blend in a bit more. She had to attempt to keep at least some of her runes covered and not draw too much attention to herself, especially from the haggle of vampires she knew would also be attending Forks High.

  As if, Nixie internally snorted, if she had to relive high school over and over again she'd just rip her own head off. She'd never been to a normal high school, let alone gone more than once, but she read enough to know that she was pretty sure the place was part of hell.

But alas, nothing could dampen her mood for step 1 of Operation Bait Bella Swan was officially a success.

**Hey guys , I just wanted to thank you again if you're one of the few who stuck around this far! If you guys wouldn't mind leaving some comments to let me know how I'm doing I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you again! Love you all💕"

** EDITED BUT STILL SHIT **