I.IV

She'd Beauty, She's Grace, She'll Punch You in the Face

~~~~~~~~

"She would rather walk alone in
darkness than follow anyone
else's shadow."

-r.g. moon

Walking into the lunchroom with Bella, Nixie was stuck waiting around for her to grab a tray all while Mike remained attached to them like a third ass cheek. Grabbing an apple and making their way to the table, Mike pulled out seats for both Bella and her, and much as Nixie disliked the kid, she still thanked him before sitting down.

Eric paused himself mid sentence and looked towards them, tossing an arm over Bella's shoulder since she was closest before addressing Mike, "hey, Mikey! I see you met my home girls, Nixie and Bella!"

Mike rolled his eyes with a  scoff, "oh, your home girls?"

"Yeah,yeah" Eric grinned cheekily, reaching across Bella to nudge Nixie's shoulder only to freeze when she looked at him from the corner of her eye causing his hand to fall limply into his lap with an nervous laugh.

  To Bella, it was just a second, but for Nixie it was like experiencing it in slow motion.

A guy they had yet to meet came around the table, sticking his head right between hers and Bella's before proclaiming "my girls!" His head turned towards Bella before he placed a sloppy kiss her cheek, a trail of saliva following his lips as he detached them. Before he could even manage to turn his head the full 90°, he was knocked flat on his ass, grasping his nose while falling backwards and somehow managing to take out the bottom of Mike's chair, the blonde falling on top of him with a grunt.

Removing his hand from his nose, he spotted the puddle of blood that began to pool in his palm and his mouth dropped, now fully aware of the current pain in his face. With a wide-eyed look sent towards the raven haired beauty and the blood she now sported on her knuckles, he proceeded to book it out of the cafeteria, Mike following closely behind.

  Oblivious to the stares she was receiving, Nixie wiped her knuckles to the best of her ability before taking a much needed bite from her apple, a content hum leaving her lips.

At an attempt to break the awkward silence, Jessica squeaked out a cough before turning towards the two new members. "Oh my god" she snorted, "it's like first grade all over again. You guys are the shiny new toys."

Scoffing at the girls obvious jealousy, Nixie slammed her apple down with a sneer, "jeez weasel, it's sounds to me like you're a little jealous of the sexual harassment your friend just tried to pull on us." In what world was it considered cute for someone to kiss you without your consent, especially a total stranger. Were all schools filled with these types of douches? If so, Nixie was glad she was never forced to go growing up.

  Jessica blanched at the girls use of words before turning her full attention to Bella, eyes remaining on her until another girl suddenly appeared beside her, a camera in her hands that she lifted towards the newcomers, "smile!"

Nixie flashed a grin, showing off her two rows of pearly whites, while Bella's mouth hung open and she blinked profusely after the flash went off.

"Sorry" the girl exclaimed guiltily, "I needed a candid for the feature."

Before the poor girl could continue any further, Eric cut her off "the features dead Angela! Don't bring it up again." Ignoring the looks he received, he hastily grabbed his binder before stomping out of the cafeteria.

Ignoring the girls who were just as confused by the boys departure and their conversation about some Kirk dude and his Speedo padding, she mindlessly began searching the sea of teens, not in search of anything in particular. It wasn't until a sickly sweet scent attacked her nose did she turn her attention towards the window, finally laying eyes the people who had brought her to the shit hole town in the first place.

  Another good thing about being a protector was they had absolutely no scent. It helps hide them from the supernatural and works especially well when trying to be less noticeable to those with enhanced senses, especially vampires who were known for their insane sense of smell.

  At an attempt to not draw attention to herself, Nixie forced herself to turn away from them and back towards Bella and the others before she was caught staring.

Bella however was the complete opposite, staring Bambi eyed at the group of beautiful people who had just entered the cafeteria. Not wasting any time she began drilling Angie and Jessica, "who are they?"

  Dammit Bella, Nixie cringed, already aware of the multiple sets of eyes that had glanced their way at the new girls voice.

  Angela was the one to answer, speaking quietly, "the Cullens."

  Jessica faced Bella again, picking up where Angela had paused, "they're uh, Dr. and Mrs.Cullens foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago."

  "They kinda keep to themselves" Angela explained before Jessica cut her off again.

  "Yeah! 'Cause they're all together. Like together, together." Continuing her explanation she pointed at each person she named, "the blonde girl, that's Rosalie and the big dark haired guy, Emmett. They're like, a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal."

Angela clearly held a different perspective. "Jess they're not actually related."

Scoffing, the judgmental girl playfully shuddered, "yeah, but they live together. It's weird. Whatever" she muttered, looking back towards the Cullens, "okay, the little dark-haired girl is Alice. She's really weird."

Bella was practically basking in the information she received, Nixie surprised she hadn't started foaming out the mouth yet. Gripping the table the brunette leaned closer to them, eyes occasionally glancing towards the boy who had been the last inside, "who's that?"

  This time Nixie did glance up, but instead of meeting the blackened orbs of Edward Cullen, she skimmed past him and landed on the blonde beside him. Her green eyes met his and the cafeteria suddenly quieted.

This dude was either in some serious pain or he was holding in a massive shit, and considering vampires didn't exactly take shits, Nixie was left with option one. Taking the last bite of her apple while still holding eye contact, she licked the drop of juice that sat on her bottom lip before tossing him a smirk that caused him to quickly glance away. She stood from her seat with the promise to see Bella after school before she began her trek out of the cafeteria. She didn't need to turn in order to know the eyes had returned back to her retreating figure, the protectress adding a bit more hip to her saunter before she was out of sight.

**Hello Major Jasper(; Gahhh I can't wait to get into the Jasper and Nixie scenes**

** EDITED BUT STILL SHIT **