We All Have Our Secrets

** I don't know why but I really enjoyed writing this chapter(:**

The 2 girls sat in the emergency room waiting on a doctor to come check Bella out. The nurses had tried to get Nixie checked out as well, but gave up when one of them ended up leaving with a broken nose.

Nixie was a nervous wreck. She stood next to Bella as she waited for a doctor to come check her injuries. Nixie almost felt bad for the nurse she had punched, but the damn lady wouldn't stop trying to prod her with her machines. How awkward it would've been had the nurse gotten a look at Nixie's nonexistent injuries. All her cuts and bruises had healed by the time they got to the hospital, luckily the leftover blood had dried, covering the healed skin. She had scraped herself pretty good when she tackled Bella and took the brunt of the fall.

Bella couldn't think straight. She wanted to thank Nixie for saving her life, but her thoughts kept wandering back to a certain Edward Cullen. She could've sworn Edward was on the other side of the parking lot. When she saw Nixie running towards her she had glanced at the boy, he was standing next to his car, not even close to her. And how did he stop the van? Unlike Nixie, who was facing the ground while trying to cover Bella, Bella was facing Edward and she saw him stop the van in its tracks with his bare hands. How?

After a couple minutes of awkward silence the girls were met with the sight of a frantic Charlie making his way towards them. "Bella? Bella! Are you okay?" Grabbing his daughters face he ran his eyes over her before bringing her into a tight embrace.

Bella was too surprised to return her fathers hug, instead opting to keep her arms at her sides and verbally reassuring the man. "Dad, I'm okay I swear. Thanks to Nixie, she knocked me out of the way."

Nixie didn't even get the chance to respond before she too, was wrapped in Charlie's embrace. She was completely caught off guard, but unlike Bella, she didn't hesitate in hugging the man back. She'd been so busy adjusting to the move and keeping an eye on Bella that Nixie had completely forgotten that she'd recently lost her last living family member and everyone else she considered family. Overcome with guilt at not thinking of her late brother she could feel the familiar sting of tears building in her eyes as she gripped Charlie tighter.

"Thank you Nixie, so much" the man whispered in her ear. Releasing Nixie from his embrace he kept his hands on her shoulders before continuing. "I'm so glad you're both okay, I don't know how I can ever repay you." Charle finally caught a glimpse of the kid who was the reason his girls were in here in the first place. Narrowing his eyes at the boy, Charlie snarled "you and I are gonna talk."

Bella tried to diffuse the situation "dad it's okay, seriously. We're alright."

Nixie couldn't find it in herself to feel bad for Tyler, there was no reason to be going that fast in the school parking lot.

"I'm sorry Bella, I tried to stop." Tyler apologized.

"I know, it's okay." Bella comforted the boy.

Charlie rolled his eyes at his daughters careless attitude before pulling Nixie closer to him and away from Tyler. The look on her face scaring him. "No, it sure as hell is NOT okay."

"Dad, it wasn't his fault-, Nixie cut her off "actually Bella, it kind of was."

"You could've been killed." Charlie insisted. "Do you understand that?"

Bella sighed at her fathers words "yeah, but I wasn't so..."

Charlie clenched his teeth before whipping back towards Tyler, shoving his finger in the kids face and sneering, "you can kiss your license goodbye." He didn't miss the amused look on Nixie's face.