"Another Protection Detail?!"

"You have to do
whatever it takes
to protect what
you love, even
from themselves."
                      -Alpha

"C'mon" she demanded as she opened his cell door, walking towards him and ripping his sluggish body up into a standing position.

"W-what?" He replied, trying to hold himself up as his knees shook from his own weight. He needed food, bad.

Jane rolled her eyes, tossing him a blood bag and watching as his frail hands caught it between them. "Drink up" she ordered, "we have places to be, and by we, I mean you."

Axel greedily sucked down the blood and he felt some of his strength return to him, he gave Jane a bewildered look. "You're letting me leave?"

She laughed at his obliviousness, "no. I just need to get you a little fattened up so you can have some strength back. You're going on a little mission for us."

Axel's thoughts raced as they tried to think of what the Volturi, of all things, were sending him to do. How did they know he wouldn't just run off instead of completing their task?

As if reading his thoughts Jane gave the older man a glare, "don't worry, we know you won't be going anywhere. Not after I'm done with you."

"Wait wh.." his words were cut off by the familiar pain building in his chest as Jane's red eyes glared at him. He felt himself drop the empty blood bag and collapse, writhing on the floor as she relentlessly tortured him with her mind. His screams echoed across the castle, alerting the 3 ancient vampires of what was happening.

Aro clapped his hands at the sound of the screams. Jane had been asking to borrow the prisoner for some type of mission and of course they granted her it, she was the best of the guard, they trusted her judgment.

"Please" he begged, his eyes were filled with the tears that couldn't even fall and his throat was raw from his screams. "W-why are you doing this to me?!"

Jane blinked, watching as he let out a relieved breath when the pain suddenly stopped. His relief was short lived though, when she stepped towards his fallen body and slammed her foot down on his leg, effectively snapping the bone. She relished in the scream he released before crouching down to his height. "Oh Axel" she whispered, running her small hand through his hair before gripping it painfully. "When I'm done with you, you won't want to leave us here. You'll enjoy it, and that pretty little daughter of yours? The last thing she ever sees, is gonna be your hands wrapping around her neck before you tear her head off" her soft voice hissed in his ear, before she stood back up.

"No" he denied, he would never hurt his daughter. "I won't do it."

"We'll see" Jane hummed, smirking before beginning her torture all over again. His screams were addictive.
***
Nixie unlocked the front door to her house, eyes still hazy from the nap she had just woken up from. After hers and Paul's argument/makeup, she passed out in the woods where they both slept for a good 2 hours. Paul waking her up when it was his turn to run patrol.

They left on a good note, hugging each other tightly and Paul apologizing once more before promising it'll never happen again. Nixie just smiled at the wolf, happy they worked things out before she headed back towards her house.

She heard the door unlock and pushed her way inside, placing her keys on the kitchen counter and pulling her phone out from her pocket.

5 missed calls from Jasper
5 unread messages from Jasper