Nixie-1, Fried Brain-1

"Mastering others
   is strength,
mastering yourself
is true power."
                   -Lao Tzu

  Everyone's ears perked at the sound of footsteps racing towards them, eyes snapping towards the sound in confusion.

  Nixie could hear Jacob's snarls and tried to pinpoint exactly where it was coming from. After a few seconds she raced towards the wolves just in time to see the younger ones barrel right into the russet wolf knocking him down. Her eyes narrowed at the 2 vampires that stood above them taunting them and smiling. Who the hell are these creeps?

  "Vladimir, Stefan, you're a long way from home" Carlisle spoke as everyone finally caught up to the protectress.

  Kate stood behind Eleazar with a glare, "what're they doing here?"

  "We heard that the Volturi were moving against you" Vladimir announced. "But that you would not stand alone.

  Okay Nixie thought with a grimace, is this guy Dracula? That can't be his voice, oh my God. She bit her lips trying to contain the smile that was attempting to break through.

  "We didn't do what we were accused of" Carlisle denied with a shake of his head. He didn't want these 2 causing anymore issues than the Volturi had already started.

  "We do not care what you did, Carlisle" Vladimir scoffed with a roll of his eyes. (That part kills me for some reason, I'm always quoting it😂)

  The other one finally spoke, "we have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged" Stefan sneered with a nasty grin.

  "You're gonna be waiting another few millenniums" Nixie couldn't help butt in. "there's not gonna be a fight."

  The two newcomers glanced towards the girl, Stefan's beedy eyes lighting up at the sight. "Ah" he sighed, "apărătorul." (I literally looked up how to say protector in Romanian, if it's wrong blame google😭)

  Nixie's lip curled, of course these Dracula wannabes knew what she was, why wouldn't they? She gave them a glare, "currently off duty" she retorted.

  "It has been many years since we've seen one of your kind" Stefan continued as if she hadn't spoken at all. "The Volturi wouldn't stand a chance against your magnificent species."

  "Well, they're all dead so, consider your dreams crushed" Nixie shrugged as she stepped back next to Kate and Garrett.

  "It's a shame" Vladimir cooed, "Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed."

  "They enjoy a good fight" Stefan chuckled.

  "Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar repeated to Carlisle with a confused look. No one said anything about the Volturi having witnesses of their own.

  "Aww" Dracula 1 spoke, "still hoping they'll listen?"

  Nixie leaned towards Kate with a frown, "do you think if I shove garlic in their mouths they'll shut up?" This caused the blonde to let out a chuckle before giving the protectress a grin, "couldn't hurt to try." 

***

  Eleazar paced the room while everyone sat around him, he finally turned towards Carlisle, "when Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime." He knew exactly how the Volturi functioned, having seen them in action multiple times over the course of his long life.